SanAntonio At Detroit - Dec 25, 2005

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by max, Oct 10, 2005.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

70 Wins?

Without any injuries to the starting five it is possible.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Chat will probably stay open through the Heat/lakers game, or as long as Zoso is willing to keep an eye on it.

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

go pistons!!!!

4. clingman

clingman First Round Draft Pick

Boy these guys need to learn how to rebound

I mean only a 57-30 rebound edge.... bench scoring... 21-20 detroits favor... all those doom sayers are right :eyebrows:

Lovely game from what I see, only bad thing was i had to listen to it on the net, but will be stateside to see a beat down on Miami later this week.....

a few questions... has van exel lost something? the two "STUD" bench players they added don't seem to be all that... or did the stats not tell the whole story today?

5. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Chat room is closed

Everyone left, so I closed the room.

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

So what is pop thinking now? I think 6-4 was their last lead.

Everyone took this game seriously and worked hard today. Dice got big minutes & a double-D.

Before today, this game scared me. The Pistons ARE real!

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

8. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

:smow: i think all the spurs players are saying ba humbug. Merry Christmas go Pistons

9. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Not an impressive game. Fine board play by the Pistons masked what I thought was a curiously uninspired performance, particularly at the start of the second half.

Both teams looked at the calendar, saw December instead of June and dialed it down a notch. But it's a win, and a win over a real team.

Spurs are jingle-jangle-jinglin', but the tune is "Post Championship Blues."

10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Offense still had problems

They played without Manu which really hurt them. The key match-up of our offense vs. their defense did not always go well for us. I thought I was watching last year for awhile. Rip under duress taking it to the hoop or not getting separation. Chauncey going one on one. We used Sheed inside with not great results but we beat them when Sheed went OUTSIDE in the fourth. Tay finally took and hit the three in the 3rd quarter when our offense was almost dead. In the 4th, Sheed went up top which opened the middle for the back door to Dyss. They do not like to take Duncan away from the hoop. We finally went inside out with the kicker to Sheed who was about 8 feet wide open at the top. Finally. We will not beat SA if we try and pound the ball inside. They can stop Rip, Slow Chauncey and slow Sheed inside. They did it again. But they cannot pack us down AND cover our three ball. That is where they break down.

11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Rebounding and Defense was there

And McDyess is back doing what he can do. Evans gives us some nice energy and rebounding. Evans needs to become more automatic with the three. Arroyo we have to live with: the good and the not so good. But our offense is still the achilles heel. It ground to a halt on a couple of occasions. We did not pass the ball much but went to our one on one way too much. We tried to drive down low instead of taking the short jumper or poping the ball back out. SA can stop us when we play offense like that. They can beat us when we play like that. We still have a ways to go.

12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I think Mo would have nailed that three in the 2nd half if it weren't for having just missed that dunk. I think it rattled him a bit.

13. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Darn

Being that I'm way over here, they're showing the Miami-LA matchup and the Pistons-Spurs tonight.

THough I know the Pistons win, I'm still gonna watch it.

It's nice to see Dice getting his shot on. And the boards advantage was great. But Manu wasn't there but like what Pop said, I doubt he would have made up for that disadvantage they had on the boards. Points maybe, but that 57-30 edge wouldn't have been overcome.

Good win for Detroit.

Next awaited game this friday here, Miami.

Go Detroit! :nod:

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Not neccessary

we didnt even need our A game. Just some much needed toughness for a change to this soft play we've had on the interior lately. We wouldnt let Randolph and Diogu score like that in a playoff game, my bruddah! Great gift...better than underwear:laugh:

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i know

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: he's just so non-existant! funniest moment of the year, His last 40 seconds was just that irrelevant! I love it!:laugh: hahahahahahhahahhahha:laugh:
    hooohohoohoohoooooo!:laugh: heheheheheeehehheheheeeeee:confused:

16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

things i saw tonight is that duncan will need help on the glass, the pistons can win with rip sucking, we still have great D, and our bench is solid. when lindsey comes back he'll kill their gaurds.

17. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Finally got to watch us on TV

We are deep. Understand Flips lineup, and it's a 9 man lineup. Still think Delfino is better than Evans, but Flip likes Evans style versus Delfino, so unless Delfino can prove he is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Evans, he's not getting the PT. Evans muffed that dunk, got cocky, tried to make ESPN. Bet Flip liked that. Delfino makes a mistake on a bad pass or dribble, Flip would go crazy. Though did not like the way Evans was sulking after the missed 3 after the missed dunk, he looked scared.

Flip is playing 3 bigs, that's it. Barring injury, nobody else is getting any real pt for the rest of the season. As Dice gets better, Ben and Sheed will get more rest. But no way Flip ever has Ben and Sheed out of the game at the same time for the rest of the season during real game time.

Darko has to lose the Stash, and now, I'm serious. He was joking with Fabricio though, I guess Delfino taught him some Spanish. JMax showed some good gt effort, but showed me nothing to indicate he can guard a true 4 or 5 in real time.

Biggest suprise of the game was how inactive Ben is on O. Zero effort in making picks or working for a shot. His entire game was towards Offensive board position. Occasionally his man would leave him and somebody would hit him for a dunk. Not complaining, that seems the best way for Ben to play on O, that's how Rodman played. But Ben shouldn't be complaining about touches if he plays like that.

Good game, being that deep, we really do have a shot at winning 70. And I hope Darko, DD, and JMax stay alert, cause they aint getting any PT unless there is an injury, but if there is, we need them to be ready.

PS, Brother HQ, you disgust me, real Pistons fans dont cheer somebody mocking a Piston. Like Michael said to Fredo, never take sides against the Family.

PPS, Arroyo does overdribble

18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

great game on the boards.
    I was very pleased, especially with the scene when Mc Dyess grabbed an defensive board by jumping higher than anyone else. damn, that man still can jump.
    Spurs were able to shut down Hamilton AND Billups at first, but so they started to turn on the "D" and showed that they still got it when needed.
    And damn Jmax is looking huge, he's got an "hulkalicious frame"

19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Whatever.

You are always cool with me, HQ...My Bruddah:nod:

20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Game observations

The backup on Joslyn road heading in to the Palace was pretty bad.

A lady was sitting in my seat when I got there with my son. I tried to get him to sit next to her when she moved over but he wouldn't. I got hit with XMas thunderstix on one side from her and on the other side from him throughout the game.

Neither team looked like they wanted to be there. Chauncey was the most fired up player on the court. Clapping his hands and looking pumped right after the Anthem.

The Spurs had a ton of good looks in that first quarter but nothing was falling.

Very frustrating to be in the next to last row when Automotion started dancing in butt twitcher skirts.

Dice was sure aggressive on the boards today...good game. Also Maurice Evans brought a huge energy lift from the bench.

Stayed after to listen to Blaha interview Dice but could only hear the questions. Dice answers were just mumbles.

Traffic after the game was a bastard as usual.

Conclusion. 10 year old son had a blast. Dad might have seen a better game at home on TV.