ScoutingGuru

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by ScoutingGuru, Jun 20, 2008.

1. ScoutingGuru

ScoutingGuru Second Round Draft Pick

Scouting the NBA

Hey being that this is draft week and Im stuck in a town waiting for next assignment. I thought I would link Detroit Fans to a new scouting site that is done entirely by a computer program. That evaluates literally every NCAA Division I player and places them into a value ranking 1 through infinity

Each year we nail the sleepers / Steals depends on viewpoint.

2007 we ranked Rodney Stuckey as the 5th best player in the draft and ready to come in and make a heavy minute production for some team.

2008 it seems we are high on Jason Thompson 6-10 power forward from Rider. We have ranked at 11 yet all drafting sites as of this day have him ranked 31-45.
    Detroit clearly saw the value in Rodney Stuckey maybe they will see it in Jason Thompson especially in lite of the aging frontcourt players.

Please give me some feedback on the site besides the fact it is old look and feel. More interested in your basis thoughts on content.
  2. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Layout is great. Easy to read and understand. Like the breakdown in Tiers. I'm not good on analysis for critiquing, but it looks like if you put half as much effort into that as you did building this site, it looks believable moreso than not. I'll let the others critique the analysis.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Actually the layout is somewhat messed up. The top frame doesn't show the ads and heading correctly in IE or Firefox. The "frameset" tags used are obsolete.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Cool site. I really like the analysis. The tier system is cool too.
  5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

cool site...might benefit from a little sprucing up to go with the nice information
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It states that Anthony Randolph reminds you of "another LUS alumni" who came out early in Tyson Chandler. Chandler came out so early that he was drafted straight out of (Compton) HS. I think it should say Tyrus Thomas.
  7. ScoutingGuru

ScoutingGuru Second Round Draft Pick

If Detroit goes down the best player available dont be surprised if Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is picked by them.

Richard has a dominant defensive game much like Tayshaun Prince has.