Screw Boozer and Chandler. Where's the Rick Rubio trade?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lovingj, Jul 8, 2009.

1. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

Joe should go hard at Rick Rubio and worry about plugging in a good center later in the season. He can trade Stucky and Rip for Rubio to fix two problems at the same time: Rip and Ben G playing the same position and the fact that Stuck is not a bona fide point guard. Kwame could hold down the fort in the meantime so our line-up would look like:

Rubio/Bynum
    BG/AA
    Tay/Austin Daye
    Charlie V/J-Max
    Kwame/Charlie V

We could also still try to use Tay and J-Max as trade bait for a decent center but I think we are going to be in for a world of hurt if we leave Stucky at point.

We are going to have some holes no matter what and I say choose your poison. If we can somehow swing for RR then pull the trigger and fill in the gaps later.
  2. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

If rubio buy out don´t be friendly with his club,dkv joventud, is imposible for nb ateam to pay more than 500000$,in other side,dkv has formed rubio in basketball and now he has demanded his team,in conclussion they don´t want ricky rubio to return bext seasson,they have money problems and nba tems can´t pay the money dkv joventud or rubio for buy out....surelly if nba team can´t find one unoffcial exponsor to solve this great problem,rubio will finish in a european basketball giant.

Detroit can´t make a trade involving a player who don´t go to nba until two years losing stuckey in the way.
    I agree we get our rip contract and take back a very very good point guard 18 years old with proven elite experience(not like darko when arrived).
    On the other hand i don´t see minessota making that deal,we should give a first draft round,i don´t know.
  3. airmcnair06

airmcnair06 Second Round Draft Pick

Didnt Rubio already announce he will be playing in Spain the next 2 seasons? Who's gonna play the point while we wait on him? I'm sorry, but he's not that damn good and he hasn't proven he is NBA ready in my opinion, either.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

If MINN trades Rubio (or the rights to him), they can probably get a much better deal than we can offer . . .