Scrubs League 07-08 - Signup

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by webz, Nov 2, 2007.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Anyone interested in participating in a Scrubs league for this season, this is your signup point. I'm hoping we can get enough people together but if we don't get at least 6, I will abort the league. This will be a weekly league, so should not be high maintenance at all. (Even for you who are already in 4 leagues) =]

I'm aiming at a start in Week 3 which is Monday November 12, with a live draft sometime before then.

Please state your interest in this thread and I will get back to you with a league ID and password.

Details:
    Draft Type: Live Draft
    Max Teams: 12
    Scoring Type:
    Head-to-Head
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Trades:
    No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2
    Trade End Date: March 6, 2008
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
    Trade Review: League Votes
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
    Start Scoring on:
    Week 3
    Roster Positions:
    PG, SG, SF, PF, C, Util, BN, BN, BN
    Stat Categories:
    FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK

I am going to be taking the 'Non-draftable player list' from ESPN's pre-season fantasy rankings list, because the Yahoo one is unreliable and changes as was seen last season. And will start from rank 150 onwards at this stage but is not set in stone.
    I will provide everyone who plays this list so they can exclude the correct players accordingly.

Fire away! :gun1:

IMPORTANT!!!!

Here is the exclude list taken from ESPN's pre-season rankings. However I have made 1 amendment. All Rookie's are draftable - with the exception of Kevin Durant (Because he is so far ahead of the rest and not a real scrub/sleeper).
    Rookie's are fun to follow and are usually unfairly highly ranked prior to the season by excited "experts". Hopefully everyone is happy with that arrangement.

Now, once you have joined the league, go to Draft Central --> Pre-draft Rankings --> Edit My Rankings, then move all players on the exclude list to the left and save it. Bingo!

Roscoe/admin - Is it possible to move this post to the 2nd post in the thread? Cheers!

[​IMG]

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm in. Low maintenance league. Should be good fun like last year.

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm in!

4. linwood

linwood All-Star

Count me in too.

5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I'm in. Love the scrubs.

6. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm in too, since I won that league last year- still waitin' for my avatar below my user name!

7. webz

Here is the exclude list taken from ESPN's pre-season rankings. However I have made 1 amendment. All Rookie's are draftable - with the exception of Kevin Durant (Because he is so far ahead of the rest and not a real scrub/sleeper).
    Rookie's are fun to follow and are usually unfairly highly ranked prior to the season by excited "experts". Hopefully everyone is happy with that arrangement.

Now, once you have joined the league, go to Draft Central --> Pre-draft Rankings --> Edit My Rankings, then move all players on the exclude list to the left and save it. Bingo!

Roscoe/admin - Is it possible to move this post to the 2nd post in the thread? Cheers!

[​IMG]

8. webz

Confirmed GM's
    webz
    roscoe
    ralphie
    warthog
    aurora
    dre

Interested but not yet joined
    linwood
    low

More people welcome.

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Webz, are we excluding the top 140 or top 150?

10. webz

I went with top 140 (the guys on that list).

just note that it is NOT the same as the yahoo top 140 and you'll just have to exclude those guys prior to the draft.

11. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Linwood, Low...sign up already! Scrub league is really fun because everyone is such a crapshoot regarding how much playing time they'll get, how they'll do in spite of any pre-NBA accolades. If you look at the ESPN list that webz posted above you can well ask yourself "wait a second who is left?". But another great reason for playing scrubs league is because if you get familiar with some of these guys games this year, you can draft them in round 9-12 next year and maybe have a major sleeper guy.

Webz just a note here: Did you notice how different the Top Player list is in ESPN and Yahoo? It's alot the same guys but the order is way different. I happen to think that the ESPN list is more accurate in terms of rankings but maybe not in terms of fantasy statistics. Also when I look at that list I realize how few really great players there are. I mean there are some scrubs in the top 140 for sure.

Can't wait for the draft.

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

Allright, I'll sign up allready!

I actually played last year. I think we had a foul catagory that just killed me. I performed as well in the scrub league as I do in all my other fantasy leagues: last of second to last.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

OK thanks I did that so, I just need to pre-rank these scrubs.:)

14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh yeah you definitely want to get the top 140 in exclude in plenty of time before the draft. It didn't take forever, but it took me about 10 minutes to do that.

Now Webz I am so confused. I swear I saw a post already announcing the draft happening Wed 11/7 at 4 pm Pacific. Maybe it was on the League homepage. I'll do the poll, but I have it on my calendar and arranged to go to my sisters who has a more reliable computer. No worries though, I'll just tell her whenever our draft turns out to be, I need her computer. Non-negotiable. LOL.

15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:pound:Excellent idea! I don't think there are enough Fighting Illini in the NBA for me to do that. I suppose I could do all Big 10 though. Hmmm.:stirthepot:

P.S. Linwood, the Pistons are here in Seattle next Sunday. Are you going?My sister and I just bought killer seats (even better than last year) right near the Pistons bench. We are near the tunnel where they have to pass us to go into the locker room. I'm so psyched. PM me. I hope you go!

16. linwood

linwood All-Star

I just deleted my all UK post so I wouldn't give away my secret strategy!:pound:

I am going to the game on Sunday. It's my birthday, and Mrs. Linwood is buying 10 tickets so all my friends can go too. Our seats won't be that great (because we are not rich!), but we will be forming a Maxiell row, with each of us wearing a T-Shirt with one letter on it, and the number 54!

I will see you there, and we can hang out before and after the game. Maybe we can hang out during the game if my top secret Sneak Down To Better Seats plan works out!

17. webz

Yes I noticed that. The ESPN list is more accurate and even though there are still a lot of scrubs in the 140, remember that ESPN's was a pre-season ranking, whereas yahoo's constantly updates. That caused us problems last year when trying to pick up waiver guys. So having a set list to go off makes more sense.

I would have been able to make a more accurate top 140 myself I think but I chose one of the net to help remain impartial.

So sorry aurora, I just set that date because it was in the future. You've noticed I moved it to Saturday, but that's just another tentative date. I will go off the results of the poll and will set a concrete date/time on wednesday. I will PM everyone when that's been decided. I apologise about your plans.

Any other questions let me know.

18. webz

Thats cool you guys. I was actually entertaining thoughts of going to that game because I am about 4 hours from Vancouver. I guess I won't be going now because of costs and it is still a long trip to get there, but it would have been my first NBA game.

Hopefully I can get to one later in the season. Have fun.

19. linwood

linwood All-Star

Wow, that would be great. The Pistons play Portland the following Tuesday. I went last year and my friend got courtside tickets from his boss. I'm hoping he will come through again this year!

20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

M-A-X-I-E-L-L-5-4 ... what's the 10th?