Sean Taylor 1983-2007

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by LA Dre, Nov 27, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

With that break-in a week earlier, it seems like somebody was out to get him.

However, whoever shot him in the leg just left him. If they really wanted to kill him, they probably would have shot him again. Mysterious.

Also, very bad luck that the bullet hit him in a key artery.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I feel bad that somebody didn't stop the bleeding before medical help arrived. To die from a wound to the leg is tragic.

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow. I saw it run across the sports ticker last night that he had been shot in the leg/groin area. I didn't think it was serious when I saw it.

Very tragic.

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Rumors are many about Taylor`s tragic death.

Everything from a hit, to him being set up by his girlfriend. Whatever happened hopefully the killer(s) will be brought to justice.

The way it went down sounds very mysterious........

6. LA Dre

The Girlfriend?? Never thought about that one.. You would think she would have at least a marriage license if she was setting him up to collect? I don't know the woman, but I only hope that she wasn't involved..but still how long did he lay there losing blood before she called 911??

Athletes and some singers(rappers) are targets for random violence through jealousy and unfortunately bragging rights...

7. Dlev59

A lot going on there Dre.........

No security system........Just had a break in a week or so before this incident.............

Phone line in the home not working.........first it was thought the line was cut, however, it wasn`t working at the time of the break in...hmmm

Nothing was taken, either in this break in, or the previous one....

Taylor and his girlfreind was awaken to noise in the living room, then the intruders broke into the bedroom, fired only two shots, both hitting Taylor............

Obviously, the intruders knew He was home and didn`t have a firearm (he couldn`t because it would have been a violation of his probation if I am not mistaken) or I am sure he would have played Scarface and introduced him/them to his little friend.

Just very strange........

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hit-men don't shoot their targets in the legs and then run away.

I can't think of any conceivable motivation for someone to break in for a 2nd time, shoot somebody in the leg... accidentally (through the door), then not take anything, not go after the others in the house, etc.

There has to be more info.

9. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Michael Wilbon On Sean Taylor Shooting: "It's Not Surprising" - FanHouse - AOL Sports Blog

:hoops:

10. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I read where he had a very small inner circle of friends. He seemed to be spending a lot of time at home with his family. This senario is not typical of the person who tours out in public with a very high profile and has all sorts of hangers on. With his initial set of circumstances, I do not wish to read all the speculation. It'll be very sad..........

11. Dlev59

True.

Nobody said it had to be a professional hit man.

Furthermore, a hit man is hired to kill someone, whether they are shot in the head, leg or finger. .

12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Taylor's death a grim reminder for us all

Wow. A very interesting viewpoint. I wasn't even aware that people see this as a phenomenon. My first reaction after a few sentences was "This guy is on something." But I kept reading, and was intrigued. What are all of your thoughts?

13. buddahfan

I think that the same type of thing exists in other ethnic and racial communities in America. Maybe not as visible or exactly in the same form, but still there nonetheless strongly influencing and controlling young kids lives and not always for their good.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Taylor's death a grim reminder for us all

14. LA Dre

The other problem here is that so called black KKK will never read an article like this that punctuates what they are doing to their fellow black man. If they do, their attitude would be F-U or they are beating their chest on their so called accomplishments...in their world.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

16. LA Dre

I heard Rolle's interview on ESPN this morning and I believe what he is saying is probably true... it is hard to shake the past if you are successful and move on and your old friends or aquaintances are not part of that success.

When I was 14, (back in 69), our family moved from the riot torn area of 12th street to the NW side of Detroit. When I went back to visit some friends in the old hood a few months later I was jumped on by some thugs (non friends who remembered me) as they tried to take my transistor radio. Needless to say I never went back over there again. :yellowprison:

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure how he could have avoided this, without living his life like a prisoner. If somebody really wants to get you, they will probably find a way.

The real shame was that he had the inner strength to make a break from his previous life and he ended up getting punished for it.

18. buddahfan

This still doesn't sound like a robbery to me. It appears to me that more went down here than we might ever find out.

Miami-Dade Police: 4 men arrested in slaying of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

19. LA Dre

Sean's girlfriend and mother of his 18 month old daughter is the neice of actor Andy Garcia, so I doubt that she anything to do with this crime.

Andy Garcia, Fans In D.C. Express Condolences For Taylor - News - MSNBC.com

'

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That makes sense that they weren't trying to kill him.

They broke in, were surprised by the resistance they got, fired off some shots like idiots, hit him in the leg, and then they freaked out and left.