Sessions worth only 4mln?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Stun, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

It's official HOOPSWORLD .I just can't believe that he's only worth that.We are talking about a guy who can give you 20 points and 10 assists every night and develop to one of the best PG in the league.Dumars if he wanted could get him,but it's too late.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Per 36, he's a 16 + 8 player. Not quite 20 and 10, which would make him the best PG in the L.

Just sayin'
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Sessions makes way more sense to me for Memphis than Iverson. I'm not saying he's the bet player ever, but he's a better fit for what they got.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sessions is probably looking for a chance to get meaningful minutes. The Pistons cannot make that promise.
  5. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

I'm still bitter Joe D didn't go after him, exactly the kind of point guard we need, and so much potential too.
  6. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

uhhh, this is the new NBA economic landscape. it's a time when guys like ben gordon can no longer command $11 million dollar contra---.. oops.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Oh for crying out loud, what league are some of y'all watching. If he could average 20 &10, then his name would be Chris Paul and he'd be a greatly sought after max contract free agent.

If my aunt had a pair, then she'd be my uncle.

If, If was a fifth, we'd all be drunk.

Look folks, there is a difference between the players that can get you 20&10 on any given night, and the guy that does it every game night in and night out, the difference is usually somewhere between $7-$10 per year.
  8. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, common heads...

It looks like he can be a good player in this league, but Joe isn't in the market for a starting PG, which is what this guy is seeking.

He played 39 games last season as a starter (33mpg) on a bad team and averaged 15.1 points and 7.6 assists. That's starters minutes, no extrapolation required. Compare those numbers to Stuckey and they are pretty similar.

I'm not sure what he is like defensively, but he has no outside game - only made 6 3's all season. For as poor as Stuckey is from 3, he made 23 in comparison.

So, is Sessions really an upgrade over Stuckey? Doesn't seem likely. And for those who think he could play backup PG - I agree with you, he'd be a great backup.
    But these aren't robots. Sessions likely does not want to play anywhere where he will be a backup and Joe likely didn't want to pay 4 mil for a backup PG.

That's the reality.
  9. raxrets

raxrets Starter

also, do not forget that Stuckey already has backup - great surprise Will Bynum.
  10. raxrets

raxrets Starter