Shaq goes down!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Sanddunes, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Looks like ankle.
  2. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Shaq ankle just went 180 degrees

The big daddy had a monsterous fall when he landed on Artests ankle and the ankle went 180 degrees the wrong way. He was helped off the court by 2 heat players. Looked AWFUL. It isnt a huge injury--but def a lvl 2/3 ankle sprain. Reggie Miller who has experience with this sort of thing immediatly called it a MONTHER. or out at least a month. Obviously details to follow, but is this Artest helping the Pistons again this year??? Also, getting to a fast start is even mor eimportant if Shaq is gone a few weeks
  3. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Damn, you are on it!!!! They are going to move much faster now.
  4. kpaav

yeah injury looked pretty bad, the ankle bent 180 degrees when he landed on, guess who, artest. Reggie said it looked like a "monther" or out at least a month. In related news, the heat got close and Walker hoisted three bad quick shots on three straight possesions, giving indy the game back. Wade 0 touches in like 4 minutes, with Jackson and artest covering him. Walker = ballhog
  5. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Shaq

Xrays are negitive and the report is "day to day"
  6. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

Damn, I wish I had put that money on the under on Miami wins before this...
  7. kpaav

Tradesports.com man. Sold short the a miami win option for almost 7 dollars a "share". so for 30 bucks wagered I got back 100 total. the in game trading was fierce lots of fluxation
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Shaq

Is my fantasy center. Dangit! :mad:

He was killing me with those turnovers, though. Butterfingers.
  9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Almost looked like Ronnie pulled an Eric Snow on the Diesel
  10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

I concur

That's exactly what I was thinking. Artest wasn't trying too hard for that rebound, but looked to be concerned with his "positioning."
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i saw the highlghts of that game heartbreaker for miami. First shaq goes down then wade's game tying 3 pops out. ouch!
  12. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Indiana-Miami game

Another thing that was interesting, or should I say expected, was how Van Jeremy pulled Jayson Williams and went with Gary Payton, because the former was hoisting up some bad shots, as he always does.

I'm sure it won't be long before disharmony starts to set in and inter-team bickering starts up. I think it's pretty much inevitable at this point, especially with Shaq possibly missing some time now and if they start dropping some games.

And it is so obvious, at this point at least, that this Heat team is seriously lacking perimeter shooting, more specifically, three-point shooting.

Getting rid of the Jones Brothers was a huge mistake, and it's really going to come back to haunt them.

It was almost comical watching them clank three-point shot after three-point shot, all game long. 3-16 from downtown is just horrible. The funny thing is, is that I fully expect that type of percentage to be the norm for this team, from here on out.

They really need to trade Jason Williams for a spot up shooter and just start Gary Payton at the point.

I have no idea what Pat Riley was thinking in bringing JWill on board to replace Damon Jones. They'd be much better served with Jones raining threes as opposed to the occasional flashy pass, horrible decision-making and turnover prone play that Williams brings.

One of the most amusing moments from the game last night was when, and I can't quite recall exactly what JWill did, Alonzo gave him a look from hell. He looked like he wanted to ring in his neck.

Man, do I love watching the muscle flexing, bicep posing, behemoth fume! I tell ya, it's fun for the whole family. :eyebrows: :laugh:
  13. legend71

legend71 Second Round Draft Pick

I did not see the game, but have to agree with this line of thinking. I think JWill is not the type of player you need to surround Shaq with. D Jones is a much better option for them. I always thought that the Pacers were our main competition anyways this year. They are younger and hungrier than the Heat. The Heat remind me of those Houston teams with Barkley, Olajawon and Drexler. They didn't go anywhere....
  14. Basketfish

Basketfish Second Round Draft Pick

I agree Sand it looked like he deliberately stepped in, most players would have backed away from Shaq.:confused: It will only be a matter of time before he gets his due.

Go Pistons!!!
  15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I was thinking the exact same thing. Artest raised his hands like it wasn't me and had that weird look on his face like he got caught trying to steal something. LOL!!!!:eyebrows:
  16. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Shaq out 2-4 weeks

Shaq travels with Heat, may miss 2-4 weeks
    ESPN.com wire services

Heat center Shaquille O'Neal flew with his team to Milwaukee on Friday, but is likely to miss two to four weeks with a sprained right ankle, the Miami Herald reported Friday.

The team said O'Neal, a 12-time All-Star was still listed as day-to-day.
    He received treatment Friday morning before joining the Heat for their afternoon flight to Milwaukee, where they'll play the Bucks on Saturday night
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I saw that too. watch out ben...:crutch:
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Artest/ Shaq

Don't forget that Shaq was called for a foul on that play because he pushed the Pacers' rebounder in the back. There is no way that Artest did that on purpose.

Remember Chauncey's hip check to RJ?