Sheed and AI Clubbing

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Mar 27, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

3. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Dancing helps stretch the back and leg injuries. Plus, those VIP lounges have some comfy couches that will help circulation. This is a business trip. Arnie will be in the club making drinks at the bar with his secret recipes.

This is a genius idea!
  4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

so.....

who's going?

We could use some fan reporting from our DC area members :good:
  5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

While it looks bad, unless they are out on the floor doing their best MC Hammer dances, it's probably not an issue. They aren't invalids. They're just not able to go full speed at the pro NBA level (Iverson is much more questionable on that front, however).

Those clubs (and especially VIP areas) are just a bunch of people standing around (or sitting on couches) hoping to be seen or photographed next to somebody famous.

So, unless they are caught on "film" breakdancing, it's hard to see how they would have to answer for anything here.
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps AI should come to a Piston game one of these days and support his squad from the bench....especially if he is close to rejoining the team on the floor.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think you are right Low. Technically speaking, they have done nothing wrong. Nothing will come of it (other than both their arses getting shipped out next year).

But honestly, are you saying it doesn't bother you at all? It seems like they mooned the entire organization and the fans too. Like they stuck their tongues out at us and said "So whatcha gonna do?" :ner-ner::ner-ner::ner-ner:

I say screw them. They dont care what we think, IMO, but isn't that the problem? I don't like this team. Not one bit. It would be a shame if they win a championship (which of course, they will not with these guys).
  8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

On the plus side, this means AI and Sheed are getting along fine. See, there were no chemistry issues. We're all just too paranoid.
  9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I guess Rip picked the short straw and he'll be babysitting the youngsters.
  10. roscoe36

It ticks me off because it is double dipping. They aren't healthy enough to be courtside AND THEY ARE GETTING PAID but they are healthy enough to entertain in nightclubs ON THE SIDE.

I gotta disagree with my brother Low. This is a big deal. I don't know exactly what it means, but I know as a fan of Detroit teams THAT WORK that this is not compatible with a Pistons ethic. Ben Wallace doesn't do punk stuff like this.
  11. chuck

chuck Second Round Draft Pick

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lets get Dumars4ever, Dlev or ArmyGirl to go over there with a camera phone or mic to interview them and ask AI how his team is doing and if his Georgetown doctor approves of this fraternization with club groupies....
  13. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

I don't think its that big a deal. You need to be healthier to play basketball (or sport in general), than go clubbing. walking is easier than running.
  14. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know man, unless they were missing some team function or skipping out on rehab to do this, they are well within their rights to have an evening out on the town as long as they aren't physically exerting themselves in any meaningful way.

Even when injured, if they aren't on crutches or in a wheelchair (I'm looking at you Dwayne Wade), then I don't expect these guys to sit in their hotel room and ponder the meaning if being a true Piston.
  15. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

well again glass half full, AI is traveling with the team again? lol

Sheed has been with the team on the bench so have no issues there since were already in town... AI if he's able to fly with the team then he better be good enough to be on the court within the week otherwise he should be in detroit rehabbing and not flying around.

I guess since the team is in town already I don't have as big of an issue as I would if the Club was in Miami or something like that.
  16. roscoe36

If they are healthy enough to club, they are healthy enough to show up at their job, yes? No one is asking them to get dressed or to play. But if they can cheer on and support clubbers, then surely they can cheer on and support their teammates SINCE THEY ARE BEING PAID TO DO SO?

Low, this is very sad. I never thought I would see the day you would hand out more free passes than Flip Saunders. Man, I always threaten punks with "My brother the Low is so hard, one dirty look will shatter your family tree" but this is Charmin squeezable. :burgereater:
  17. round

to be fair sheed was at the game last night cheering the boys on... errr atleast i have made myself believe i saw that, was really busy during the game so only got to glance at the screen here and there.

also, these are set up way ahead of time.... so would like to know if AI actually shows up tonight at the club or not.
  18. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Like Low mentioned earlier, when celebs are hosting parties at clubs it doesnt mean they are going to be out on the dance floor dancing or ne thing like that. Both of them will probably show up at like 1230 or 1 in the morning, stand/sit in vip for 30min-1hr, collect their money for hosting the party, and leave (possibly with some females lol).

Maybe it looks bad to some people that Ai can show up at clubs, but can't show up for at least a few mins at Pistons games. To me as long as he's working out with the team now and still trying to get back in shape to help the pistons in the playoffs it's not a big deal to me.
  19. round

20. roscoe36

Is he working with the team to come back?

I'd like nothing than to look like a big fool in a month when our rested powerhouse demolishes the East, but the manure is piled a little too high for those ambitions IMO.