1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Sheed and AI Clubbing

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Mar 27, 2009.

1. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

All of those theoretical "stars" don't fit the prerequisite qualifications that Iverson has set forth with his actions and situation. Lets at least agree that this particular situation, given previous reputation of dealing with injuries and current manner in which an injury is being dealt with...is extremely rare.

2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

When I amended the post you quoted to add this

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I completely agree, but you're assuming that there are people at this club who are fans and even if they are; more than casual fans that actually follow this stuff to the depth we internet nuts do.

If the media chooses not to follow this, we are reliant on pretty shaky resources.

4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Come'on LP.

I'm trying to work with you here.

I'm willing to concede that you were right about AI all along, and he was a big mistake. All I want is some proof that he was doing what so many people are claiming he was doing, albeit without any proof whatsoever.

Meanwhile you seem to be clinging to ambiguity, which is something no lawyer I've been associated with is ever comfortable doing.

Honestly, that throws me for a loop.

Pistons fans are one of the highest fans per capita out of all the NBA teams out there.

I have to believe somebody that cared was there.

5. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

AI has the right to club. I dont think he cares anymore about this team , and deservingly after the trash treatment the pistons organization gave him.

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think it's completely reasonable to want proof. All I'm saying is that IMO it's unlikely you'll get it.

I hope you're right so everyone who this is bothering can get an answer once and for all.

7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

You make him sound like a chump.

I give AI a lot more credit than that. I don't see how you kick a guy when he is down and then say you support him.

8. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I always said that was the most amazing thing. In those days (as well as today) professional athletes were always fathering children.......i always wondered what are the odds of that.....sleeping with so many woman and no children. He must have been firing blanks.

9. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I don't really care if he was at the club or not. He has every right to be at the club.

10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

If you knew what some of the old school players did on their off time when they DIDN'T have 24 hour media coverage, you probably wouldn't have that viewpoint.

There's 100's of stories of what guys used to do off the court, but it never saw the light of day because there wasn't a media frenzy and even the guys who knew wouldn't report it. Not so anymore.

11. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Well, I am on my way out to the Wiz/Pistons game in a few minutes, but I do want to give you the lowdown on the Sheed/Iverson Party (If you want to call it that).

I haven't been out to a nightclub in over 15 years and never really was a party type person. However, I had to take one for the team. Just did a quick pop in and out with the old man to see this first hand for myself.

After waiting for about an hour or so, Sheed and AI shows up, everyone in the place crowds around, they are whisked off to the VIP area, the music plays, autographs are given out, Sheed and AI Bops to the music, semi-dancing, AI is little more animated in his movements as opposed to Sheed.

After all the hoopla I left, they could have danced the night away after we left especially with all the hoochies everywhere.

See you guys later and will report after the game, I don't plan on staying for the entire game.

12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

the things that happened on the old baseball train rides.... those are some real stories, and the writers were right there with it all.... they however choice to keep the ball players private business there private business.

13. AI IS GOD

You should give AI alot of credit. He gave every pistons fan what they wanted . He gave them " the team better off without him " .

This is double standard here. AI plays , he is at fault for losses. He doesnt play, he is at fault for losses again coz he is faking injury or is realy injured.

enjoy " the team better off without AI "

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Maybe you came back too soon.

15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

16. AI IS GOD

17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Yeah, really what are all the not-loving-Iverson fans whining about? They didn't want him on the team anyway. A classic case of scapegoating if I ever saw one. Will they really be happier when he's back on the court playing the Sixth Man? Duh...not very likely. I mean aren't they alot happier now that he's invisible, except for the single opportunity that has come around for escapegoating....CLUBBING? Gimme a break. This isn't about clubbing. This is about denial. Like someone said earlier, these millionaire ballplayers don't sit around in their signature shoes waiting for the next game. Would you? I don't think until you have really considered what you would do if you were young, rich, gifted athletically and adored by fans...well I don't think any of us fans who dedicate hours to this forum alone should judge.
    News flash: the forum is not the team. You are not on the team. They Are.

18. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Exactly. Lots of tales out there and many on the playing field.

Now everyone is a groupie.

19. max

max All-Star

So they were actually dancing? With a sore back and strained calf.

At least the two are getting along I suppose.

20. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Thanks A Lot ArmyGirl