Sheed Frustrated

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 14, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Anyone out there willing to gamble on Sheeds comments in today's paper?

This is very un-Sheed like. Is he tired of the up again not passing in the post, lack of desire stuff that we fans have endured?

Anyone would like to guess who's the target of Sheed's frustration? Is it CB, Tay, Rip. I will have to start with our very own court general, none other than ChaunceyBBBBBBBBilluppppps.

If CB walks this summer, without us receiving no compensation, I would do a James Brown Split in the middle of Greenfield. LOL
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Another breather is wasted - 12/14/06 - The Detroit News Online

3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

If we're talking about the first part of the 4th quarter of last night's game, the fault was on Sheed for not even trying to get into the post. There were a few possessions where I don't think he even crossed inside the 3-point line, and the offense just ended up being an iso for Flip Murray to try to penetrate. Not surprisingly, it didn't work.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

[There aren't any different pages in the book." ]
    classic
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I only saw the game from the end of the second quarter to the end of the game and Sheed did look lost out there. I saw him take three shots and he made all three including 2 three pointers. He never seem to be in the right spot to receive a pass and even the two from downtown he kind of through up there at the last second. If he was on, then more than nine shots are needed from him to produce and the Pistons to win....

Both the guards were forcing shots and CB and Flip appeared to be over dribbling waiting for him Tay and Rip to get open, but Sheed never went low, and just stayed up top setting screens. If he wants the rock he has to demand it and get open down low and stop hanging outside the arc. I know that is not part of his regular game, but he has had two months to figure it out.....:stirthepot:
  6. roscoe36

Sheed is not stupid. There is an element of strategy and the playbook that comes into accout.
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Someone I believe Roscoe said it best earlier, this team lacks a leader. If Sheed is attempting to assume that role he is doing it all wrong.

He would make a very good leader for this team. He is talented, has a strong personality and his teammmates respect him and would listen to him, however, it is painfully obvious Sheed is not rolling like that.

Therefore, CB as floor leader, PG, and Flip`s boy, should take the leadership role and run with it! He should demand Sheed get his arse down in the post instead of himself or Sheed hoisting a 3.

At times it just seems like everyone is just running around on the court not knowing where to go, what to do, who to guard, or anything else.

Someone needs to step up and lead, or this will get ugly. Usually that job would be the head coaches, uh, I will not go there.

So, Sheed be that leader bro, you can do it!!!!
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Sheed's pissed about the same things Ben was pissed about. It was only a matter of time. He's being asked to be our main "presence" on defense/our only presence in crunch time and score 15/20 points a game . . .

and he thinks the coach sucks. Of course, he's frustrated.
  9. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think the thing that annoys Sheed the most is having his former students come back and kick his butt.
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I like it. It shows you that he wants the ball now. He could be our #1 option on offense, we should all know that. He's never wanted to be the #1 option.

I'm not saying he wants the ball every time, but this shows that he wants the ball more. Maybe even not the extent of a #1 option, but just to get a lot more touches.

I think we should all be happy. We all want Sheed to be more of a force, and be SHEED! instead of Sheed! He's finally making a step towards that right now.

20 and 10 for Sheed on Saturday against NJ.
  11. roscoe36

[STRIKE]WALLACE X 2[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE] FLIP X 2[/STRIKE]

WALLACE X 1
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd like to see

WALLACE X1 = 4

As in the 4 spot. As in POWER forward, not shooting guard.

The occasional 3 isn't bad, since it stretches the D and keeps his man honest. But common man. The guy LIVES around the arc most days. He floats around doin his screen dance and then poppin' out behind the arc.

Screen dance, pop. Screen dance, pop. Screen dance, pop.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Sheed will tell his feelings to Flip. Hopefully he doesn't just ask for more touches, but more post plays instead.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This sorta helps explain things a little bit.

Chris McCosky
    Sheed is ailing

OK, finally, we find out at least a part of what's been bugging Rasheed Wallace. His right ankle, yes the same one he badly sprained in the playoffs last year, has ballooned up on him again. He's trying to play through it, but he's in pain. As so often happens when you play through an injury, you wind up getting sore someplace else. Wallace's left knee has also gotten sore.

No doubt there were other things that have been bothering Sheed, but he isn't willing to talk about them right now. And it could just be part of the overall irritation from the injury. A lot of little things tend to bug you more when you are in pain. I am sure Wallace hasn't enjoyed getting outplayed by two of his proteges -- Zach Randolph (who busted him for 31 a couple of weeks ago) and then Jermaine O'Neal Wednesday (26 and 14). Wallace is prideful man and to not be able to fire back against those guys, well, you can understand why he would be frustrated.

Because Wallace kept playing on that bad ankle last spring, most don't realize how severe the injury was. Tim Duncan sustained the same injury in Detroit earlier last year and missed more than a month. Wallace was limping and taking treatment on that ankle all the way through July. Now it's flared up again. The worst case scenario is, he eventually has to get surgery. That's not been discussed at all, and, really, nobody at this point expects he will even miss a game. But it's something that will require Arnie Kander's attention and care all year.

The bad ankle aside, though, I think the Pistons -- be it Flip Saunders or Chauncey Billups -- need to be a little bit more aware of Wallace on the offensive end. They have to run a few more plays for him, especially early, and try to get him going. He is only averaging 11.9 shots a game, that's his lowest output since 1999 in Portland. Wallace isn't the type of guy who will demand the ball. And we all know how hard it is for him to anchor himself down on that low block -- even though there are very few forwards who can guard him down there. But I know Saunders has enough plays in that monster play book of his to get some more looks for Wallace. They can't ask Sheed to lead the team in rebounding, be the main shot-blocker and low-post defensive presence and then ignore him on the other end. That's not going to cut it.

The Pistons should have a regular practice Friday. That will go a long way in determining Wallace's status for Saturday's game in New Jersey
  15. roscoe36

I guess that is why Sheed played over 36 minutes. And 37 minutes in Orlando.

I mean, Dice plays less than 20 and Max gets 3 minutes in Indy. With the way Dale has played, is he really only a 12 MPG player on 4 days rest?

I don't doubt Sheed is banged up. What I question is why we are running him out there on a bad ankle and knee for major minutes in a meaningless road game.
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I was just about to post that. I would be ticked if I was Sheed too. What is Flip doing?
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Sit Sheed. Give him a week, or two. There is no need to force a guy to play through an injury unless it's in the playoffs. Get Amir on the court, let J Max get in their, and let Nazr play with his fouls.
  18. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I am wondering how severe Sheed`s injury is. I mean, Flip is an idiot, but he can`t be that stupid.

If he is hurting I say bring on the Brahma!!!

This could be a blessing in disguise....
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

No doubt, but since we got Saunders on the sideline he's going to play stupid small ball and put Tay at PF. :frusty:
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star

Are you saying you believe McCosky is lying? hehehehe