Sheed Frustrated

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Dec 14, 2006.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

No wonder he can't ask for the ball...he can't move.
    He's got to be ready for the second round of the playoffs.
  2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Now is the time to sit Sheed, so what we lose a few games. Put Amir in, who knows, he may surprise us all.

Isn't this how a lot of teams fine those diamonds in the rough that usually reside at the end of the bench. They let em play and see what develops. Flip just has to put the guys on the floor.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What if Amir plays so well Sheed can't get back in the rotation?
  4. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

so does this mean that every page in the book is the same page or that there is only one page in the book -- either way, doesn't sound like much of a book to me.

if it's the ankle, even only partly, then obviously sheed should sit, for his sake and for the team's (in both the short and long run). yeah, right, like that's gonna happen... not until sheed just breaks his ankle right off and leaves it on flip sr's pillow in the night.

but anyway, i'm not entirely convinced by mccoskey's ankle explanation. it grooves too neatly with this joker's propensity as a columnist: "oh, does something seem to be going wrong in the pistons' attitude or lockerroom? don't worry, it's an ankle injury (i..e something that doesn't have to do with personalities, or coaching, but will just get better in time if we don't do anything)." Then if sheed is shipped at some point, we'll hear about how it wasn't the ankle but that sheed was a simmering cauldron of malcontent all along that just finally tipped...
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think he was being flippant with a prepared answer.
    It sounds like the book has one reacurring theme, "sink your shots or sit".
    If it is the latter he'll come back later and say,"I couldn't tell you so because I was imbedded".
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe it's an audio book narrated by James Earl Jones.

"Chapter One, Zone"
  7. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Sore ankles don't give Wallace a leg to stand on; he'll likely miss Nets game

Flip is a moron I'm glad Joe stepped up and said he's out for both games. Develop the bench time is now Flipper. You talked the talk during the summer but I have yet to see a screw the record and really,really really develop the pine dwellers to help for the playoff run. If this happened during playoffs we would be in trouble.
  8. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Mlive reporting Sheed out for a week. I bet it's Joe's way of stopping Flip from burning out Wallace. Expect Tay to play 50+ minutes tonight.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks for the link Big Daddy.

So this is interesting. Does McDyess start? I'd rather see them start with DD and Nazr.
  10. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

CB, Flip, Rip, Tay, Nazr.

Book it.
  11. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Good question, I wonder if Flip would be as bold to have Max start? Knowing Flip though, Flip Murry will probably start and Tay will play PF.
  12. max

max All-Star

That is odd how Dumars/Flip have conflicting answers. Could be that Flip gave his answer of Wallace being uncertain when he really was uncertain and after review Dumars gave his on Wallace missing 2 games.

At any rate, I am all for developing the rest of the team and the only way thats seemingly going to happen is in situations like this.

Going to be a rough couple of games. With Sheed our frontcourt had problems, without him I just don't know. At least the rest of the team won't be taking the games off knowing that they will have to make up for Sheed.

I would love to see Amir get a chance. Already know what Maxiel will do. He will have a decent 5 mins stretch and that will be about it. Dyess, I am starting to think that Dyess has a clause in his contract that forbids him from scoring over 10 or getting more than 6 boards in a single game.
  13. max

max All-Star

Had an awfull thought.

With Sheed out what if Flip plays Prince 48 mins rotating him as a PF while using Murry as a filler and rotating Rip over to SF. I can see him doing something like that.
  14. BigDaddy

Ya Max that is highly probable. What got me is Joe pushing his influence on this one.If so it needed to be done but what does this say of Flip and Joe letting him make decisions? Or being on the same page? There should have been some talk between the two.
  15. roscoe36

Do they have to do that on a game I signed up to recap? :(

Here is a thought. Sheed sitting as Joe figures out an Iverson trade?
  16. BigDaddy

Oh man I was waiting for that to come up just so I could......Orlando as the 3rd team so we could get Darko back???
  17. roscoe36

You are an evil, evil person. :pound:
  18. max

max All-Star

Oh I missed that one, sorry Webz.

I don't think Flip will start, just play 35 mins filling in for Tay,Rip as they push 45+.

We will see. Its is a back-back so hopefully the head coach will use his brain at some point.
  19. roscoe36

Flip left him in the Indy game well after it was over. He played 36 minutes, and had no mention of injury after 4 days off, but now he's suddenly suffering lingering effects from last season, AFTER taking the summer off to heal and coming to camp out of shape.

Here are some ideas.

1. Sheed is sitting out until a trade can be completed.

2. Sheed is being reprimanded by the team and they are calling it an injury.

3. Sheed is actually injured.

Which is more likely?
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This team (FLIP) needs to take some chances. You are already tied for the lead in the conference and division...start Brahma or even AJ and see what happens... The Nets don't know these two player's game, so they won't know how to defend either of them anyway. What is there to lose from letting either of them start and play with the staters for 6-7 mins? Bring Flip and Dice off the bench like we normally do and let it roll.

If you all recall, we lost a game back on 11/15 to the Hornets, and because of an injury to David West and they started a rookie by the name of Hilton Armstrong who had a grand total of six minutes of NBA experience and he responded with 17 pts and 9 boards vs our talented front court.

I am sure that JMAX can bee a force to the likes of Collins, RJ, Krstic and Mikki Moore.....