Sheed taken to school by the Zach attack

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Winless Wonders, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I found it disturbing last night during the Portland game last night how Zach Randolph used and abused Sheed for 31 pts and 11 boards. Zach got off his shot at will and was very agressive on the boards and calling for the ball in the post. As much of a knucklehead Zach is he can play some basketball. This type of play is something all of us would like to see in Sheed. We saw sparks of it on occassion when LB was here but since Flip has been in town it just seems like he can't motivate Sheed to step up.

It seemed to me the turning point in the game was when Sheed did not get a foul call to go his way. He complained a little and you could here him cursing in the background. The Ref was very kind not to T him up. After that it just seemed like Sheed disappeared offensively. He played pretty good defense but it just seemed to me like Sheed's mind was somewhere else like what he was going to eat after the game. LOL!!

Zach seemed to take the match up personal and wanted to show Sheed who the man was. Sheed seemed to back away from the challenge. I am so disappointed!!!!:cold: :hanged2:
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with everything you said except blaming Saunders for Sheed laying an egg. Sometimes, Sheed just doesn't show up. That's all on Sheed.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

actually i disagree with both of you. rasheed played as good of D on randolph as you'll see in this league. randolph made some VERY tough shots and had to work for all 31 of his points (except the easy 2 he scored when for some idiotic reason tayshaun was guarding him on the final possession)
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The pistons could not control the glass and Portland made them pay.

That's pretty much the story of Zach getting 11 boards and going off as the team's primary scorer.

Where Sheed failed, and will always fail is to draw fouls on his man. It's a combination of him not playing physical enough on offense, having no off-the-dribble game and disrespect from the referees. Being realistic, it's probably not correctable.

On the other side, Chauncey and Rip did such a lousy job of playing aggressive and penetrating that Portland was able to play Zach 40 minutes with only 1 foul. They never asked him to defend, and he was happy to use all of his energy in the offensive zone.
  5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

zach drops 25 and 10 on everybody.

i agree he wasn't made to defend though. i would have sicked jmax on him for about 8 minutes. foul trouble would limit zach's game.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with you. To me Sheed seemed to be the only one working hard. Zach is a load and most teams double him in some fashion. And he had it going in front of the home folks. He's a tough cover for anyone.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Warthog there was a switch on the pick and roll. If Tay didn't come and cover Zach would of had a dunk.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

true, but in the amount of time randolph backed tay down, sheed coulda came back over