1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Sheed Will be Traded Before The Season Starts

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 6, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I truly believe that Sheed will be traded shortly.

Joe Dumars is very quiet, no news media interviews, i.e. The long silence indicates that he is putting together a trade of some sort and more than likely, it will involve Sheed.

According to my AFARTS guys here, Rasheed is good as gone. Since it isn't much to do here, these guys spend a lot of time streaming the foreign sportscasters to see what's out there.

A new twist/rumor is that Ben & Sheed developed some issues with each other way before the playoffs. Sheed was allegedly playful to a fault and did not take things very seriously.

Even during most practices, he spent a great deal of time playing tricks and just not very serious about his game.

We will soon see how this all will play out. I wish I was fluent in 5 or 6 languages so i could decipher every drop of what the foreign sportscasters are saying.

I was able to pick up John Thompson's sportscast, but it wasn't in english. Oh well.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If you were fluent in all those languages, I doubt the army would have you analyzing Pistons' trade rumors. :)

3. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Those are inside source rumors, where you get those? Sheed as of now is going no where, it will have to be a deal the can't refuse to move Sheed. He will be back at a 95% rate right now.

BUT and thats a big BUT any offer or trade has to be huge for sheed to move.:eyebrows:

4. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

This is mere speculation, but I was thinking the only team I could see Sheed wanting to goto would be the Lakers. Theres Kobe as the primary scorer / "man" so he could play the secondary role. Also, they need a Big man who can score and also have the pieces to make a trade work--Bynum, Brown, Odom, draft picks etc, and the money to overspend.

5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheed could get you Kwame and Bynum. Better hope the Lakes like Mihm.

6. max

max All-Star

News to me - thanks for posting this.

Could the KG trade talks be starting up again?

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The question to ask is, what is fair value for Rasheed?

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Frye & Curry

9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

... or he has absolutely no ideas. you don't hold a press conference to say 'oops, my bad.'

value for sheed? hmm, i think he still has a lot to offer. he could help a lot of teams that would like to stretch out opposing teams D and free up more lane space for teams like wiz who have guys like gilbert stadiums.

he is worth a tier two star as long as we don't look like we're desperate to get rid of him. he is still a reigning all-star. i want him to stay.

Butler, Frye, Curry. Sounds like a step-by-step plan for a rich guy to have dinner.

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Strong call ArmyG, but I don't think The Mayor would approve. Bens gone, end of problem.

11. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

TheTFD, nice sig. Are you old enough to have actually seen "One on One"? Good hoops film. Robby Benson actually did his own basketball action.

Don't forget the answering line at the end: "Up yours with a red-hot poker. I can go anywhere I want."

12. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

LOL, I would be an interpreter, then get out and make the big bucks

13. V!et

V!et First Round Draft Pick

Sheed straight up for KG

14. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Eddie Griffin straight up for ... nah, I won't go there.

15. dba

You need two starters to get close to matching KG's salary. Maybe a third player tossed in too.

16. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Thanks for the rumor reports armygirl. Please keep them coming.

That definitely sounds plausible about a rift between Ben and Sheed. During the Cleveland and Miami series, a lot of guys looked way too loose for a team that had that so much at stake. It's not just Sheed, though. "If it ain't rough it ain't right"? That sounds like overconfidence coming from a team with too many all-stars and too much praise. I hate to say it, but the 2004 Lakers and the 2006 Pistons shared some similarities in that they both had a sense of entitlement.

Maybe Ben felt he had lost his pull with his veteran teammates, and wanted to go to a younger team where he will be the voice of authority once again.

A lot of problems can be solved by turning the intensity back up. It's time to turn J-Max loose and see what he can do.

17. dba

Don't be afraid of the truth - it can set you free.

18. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Agreed,but this shows how full of it the team is.Yes a good run but they aren't a year removed from a 3peat like the Lakers were.

The Ben thing sounds very reasonable.The looseness had a life of it's own and couldn't be controled to a point.Ben wanted more focus,more often.

19. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Agree!! I would like to add that Ben being left out the offense probably made him feel less like an integral part of the team and gave him a sense that they were moving in another direction.

On the Sheed being traded topic I feel that Sheed takes too many nights off for the kind of $$ he is makin and all the talent he has. He is too streaky a player given the amount the team depends on him for its success.

20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Are you insinuating something here?
    Actually R Benson was such a DLF that I wouldn't pay to see him. Caught it on TV.