Sheed Will be Traded Before The Season Starts

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 6, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

We would all like to subscribe to this... so he would disappear, never to be heard from again... unfortunately he's still at the assembly line as they install the final pieces.
    Insert Titanic references.

I think Sheed stays at least till February... if things aren't going well or Jmax/Amir show positive signs then Sheed goes on the block.

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You could be right Merc. I don't think there are any untradeables on this team. Although, I'd say Tay is probably the closest we have, followed by Rip.

I think Ben leaving really changed a lot. It wouldn't surprise me in to see Sheed or CB traded by the deadline this year. Especially if it looks like we'll lose Billups. I can't see Joe letting another FA get away without getting anything in return. (Assuming of course, that Chauncey opts out of his deal - which I'd imagine he will).

3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I think Sheed will be tough to trade. Big contract, nasty temperament, lousy influence on the youngsters, etc.

4. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Heard via a mole at the Palace that Ben and Rasheed got into a fist fight during the Miami series. This, apparently, is how Dyess injured his wrist. He was breaking up the fight.

This is as much as I heard. I'll let ya'll conjecture on the rest.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:rolleyes:

6. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

So two all-star teammates get into a fistfight during the ECF, injure a third teammate in the process, and not a word of it gets out, even though it's part of the most closely watched free agent story of the year?

I'm with himat on this one.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Interesting,

but was the mole a player? A coach? A reporter? An usher? Another fan?

How reliable do YOU think this mole is.

When did you hear this?

Before we start speculating, it would be nice to have as many facts as possible. Seems like we would have heard whispers at least if it happened.

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I don`t know about a fist fight, however, it was obvious that something was going on between the two of them.

IMO, it all started when Sheed guaranteed a victory in the Cleveland series and had an awful game. Ben didn`t take to kindly to that!!!!

Not throwing blame on either of the two but it makes for a damn good Pistons Bulls game/s next year. I may have to fly in for that one.......:nod:

9. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

You're right.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Didn't we trade our MOle?

11. max

max All-Star

He is a great influence on the youngsters. Goes out of his way to teach them.

Whats going to be hard to trade are his declining numbers, tech fouls and age. Still he is valuable.

12. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Is this really true about Sheed? :confused: After we won the championship, Sheed was often spoken of as the fresh energy that put the team over the top. That year I saw multiple interviews with our other starters where they talked about what a good teammate he is, and that fans shouldn't be misled by all the technicals with the refs as an indication of a nasty temperament. Same thing the next year too: his fun-loving ways were lauded by the players as stress reducers and helping to keep the team loose. Remember that championship belt he had made for the team for inspiration for last year's run? A real confidence building team spirit type guy was the image that was put forward about him. Was this all spin? And I never heard that he was a bad influence on the youngsters, hell they never played anyway. What kind of bad influence? Did he take them out drinking or what? Tell them to not bother practicing? :noidea:

I like Sheed but I can't stand that he won't play in the post, especially when I see how well he can play in there. I hope Flip can address that so we can get some points in paint from our Power Forward next season.

I do agree that it will be hard to trade him with that contract. Also, I suspect that he might be borderline uncoachable and not for a coach who is faint of heart. I think that reputation might make him harder to trade than any corrosive effect he has as a teammate.

13. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Re: Wallace Fist Fight

A palace employee
    Don't know - heard it from the guys father
    This week

Obviously this is unsubstantiated, but I thought you'd be interested in hearing it anyway. There are a lot of things that happened at the Palace that remain unsubstantiated or mysteries - RC's behavior in the office, LB' firing, Derrick Coleman's release, to name a few.

14. ggazoo69

I don't think his nasty temperament on the court (picking up T's constantly) is a good example for young players at all.

15. ggazoo69

I've never heard that he is a bad influence on young teammates, I just don't think picking up T's all the time is exactly setting a good example for them. It's a lack of control. I think you have to take a stand occasionally, but Sheed can't control himself. He should actually get more T's than he gets, but NBA referees have become so immune to his routine that they ignore him most of the time.

And don't get me started on the championship-belt issue. What a bush-league move that was. Wearing those things when they got their rings was fine, but wearing them during the '05 playoffs was ridiculous. Gee, can you give the Spurs even more motivation? Sheed has a big mouth and I'll bet Ben got tired of hearing it.

People talk about how great this guy's talent is, but I rarely see him take over games. He's hit some big 3's late in games, sure, but I want to see this guy getting 30 once in a while. He's getting paid enough.

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah everything I heard was he was a good lockerroom dude. JD investigated him before bringing him in.
    As for the fight, no punches could have landed as BBen would have knocked Sheeds flabby azz out!

17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

First, I'm not a Sheed apologist. You're right, he's a grown man and ought be be able to admit that he does on occasion foul someone. I hate the constant arguing with the refs.

But, I think a look back over the season would show quite a number of games in which Sheed picked the team up and carried it. He is a player who can dominate a game "only" scoring 24. When he's on he is grabbing clutch rebounds, making good passes, hitting shots inside and out, and generally creating havoc in the opponent's offense with blocks and steals. Not to mention being the defensive quarterback on the floor practically all the time. Sheed constantly talks on the floor (and bench, and probably while sleeping) - some of it is non-productive ref baiting, but most is calling out assignments, calling out picks, etc. Not many teams have a player willing to do that.

My wife is a tar heel and Sheed is of course her favorite Piston. So, after every game, I get the "how did Rasheed do?" question. Frankly, I was amazed how many times the report was very positive. Yeah, there were some "he stank the place up" nights, but there were also a lot of "he carried the team" nights too.

18. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

:eyebrows: Very Nice.

19. ggazoo69

Good points, all. I wish he'd talk to his teammates and quit talking to the media and the refs. Wasted energy.

20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As long as he can keep "Ball don't lie! That ball don't lie!". I kind of like that one.