Sheed's Childish Trantrums & Running Out of Gas

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, May 30, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Its obvious that it doesn't require Sheed to run out of gas before he throws one of his childish tantrums. This guy makes too much money too act like a 2 year old

The need for 'Sheed - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

:hoops:

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'd much rather a guy be furious about losing than the "we been here, we are not worried, we shoulda won 3 straight titles" nonsense.

Sheed's been our best and most consistent player this playoffs. I'm having a hard time faulting him for techs when the guys who aren't performing don't even care enough to get a tech.

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

:amen:

4. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I second that AMEN.

5. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

So since Danica has finished in the top 10 in each of the last Indy 500s which is better than just about everyone else, then no one on this board will make any more comments about her getting upset when when she ran out of gas.

Fair enough!!!
    :hoops:

6. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Sheed is the only starter who has looks like he's ready to battle the Spurs. He has a lot to be upset about.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Agreed with this position............................:)
    As a fan, I'll be ready for a technical if we don't show for game 5.

8. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I agree. I am on Sheed's side. Sheed could have slugged Gooden or got in his face and talked trash, but he didn't. He got the heck out of there because he knew the stakes. He was focused on winning. Sheed has a right to be angry. Rip, Tay and Chauncey seem to have this attitude that we have been here before and this is what we do and that the fans are too spoiled. Sheed realizes that they are wasting time screwing around. This started in the Bulls series. The let up for what ever reason and now they can't seem to get it back on track. The Spurs will likely be sitting at home chilling while the older Piston team that needs the rest will still have to play two if not three more games.

You can't give teams with superstar players that the league wants to push so bad extra life. In a game 7 anything can happen like an injury to a key player or simply Lebron and another Cav having the game of their life with a little help from the officials.

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Speaking of emotions and being upset, was that Ron Dupree who caught the Sweaty Sheed jersey in the face in the tunnel after the game??

YouTube - Sheed Jersey in Face

10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Correction, this started in the 2nd half of game two of the 2006 Eastern Conference Semi-finals.

11. anakin

Wonder if Ben saw the writing on the wall with the attitude swings and lack of killer instinct?

12. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

If he did, it was because he helped write it.

Like most here, I'm ready to side with the guy who cares too much. After the flagrant, Sheed got the ball and bagged a jumper over Gooden. So Sheed's hulking up and they'll give him the ball, right? Nope. He fought for post position several times after that without getting the ball from Billups or Hamilton. That'll rile any big man, especially when the guards are doing zip. He had a mismatch that might have chased Gooden out of the game, but it didn't happen. I'll take that desire any time from Sheed.

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Amen to Sheed. dude is 100% on it, like many he's rightfully upset at his squad. Tay is playing his hardest and I can't find any fault with his play in this series, I can however find fault with our guards, mainly CB. Am I the only who is noticing just how incompetent Billups and Hamilton are at feeding the post. I know we've mentioned it before, but man really looking at it play after play, it will make a basketball purist' stomach turn.

14. max

max All-Star

I am glad to see. Was glad to see him so upset and am glad to read the reasons as to why.

Someone had to do it. Prince is too quite, Billups is too non-challant and Rip goes along with whatever Billups says.

Someone had to step up and kick the team in the pants. Hopefully it did not fall on deaf ears.

15. anakin

Tay gets way too tentative in his play and is often not agressive enough even though he has the talent. Someone has to pick up the slack from the backcourt.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tay is not, nor has he ever been a player we LOOK to for offensive. Tay really is the 4th sometimes 5th option on this team. You're fooling yourself if you look for more than 12-15 ppg from Tay.

17. anakin

I would like him to be a situational leader when the stuff hits the fan with others being in a slump. Someone has to pick up the slack. Sheed is doing his job in the front court.

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Again, fool yourself into believeing that he's capable of that if you want to but life is what life is. That's not Tayshaun, Tay is a complentary piece on this team who fills his role almost to perfection, defend, handle the ball, rebound, make sound basketball DECISIONS on the court and drop 12-15 per game; that's what he's asked to do and that's what he does well.

19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

True.

This team really lacks a leader when you sit down and think about it. CB is the captain, yet his decision making and leadership skills are lacking. Sheed could steo up and lead, however his emotions would get in the way. Rip also can be a hothead, and do some things that wouldn`t be appropriate for your team leader.

So, that leaves Tay.

His teammates respect him. He plays on both ends of the court. When he is vocal, IMO, he has the attention of his teammates and Flip.

Prince could be that leader if he wanted too. Let`s hope in the next 2-3 games he emerges as the leader of this team. He seems to be the only one capable.

Oops, oh yeah, Sheed is Sheed!!

20. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have no problem with Sheed's reaction to the loss. He was one of the few players that actually showed any emotion.
    I couldn't help but laugh at that clip!:pound: