Sheed's injury

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lpgrl26, Dec 22, 2006.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Is anybody else really worried about Sheed's ankle?

He played like crap yesterday, and was obviously in pain yet he's STILL playing. We need him more in the play-offs, and he needs to sit until he's 100%. Unfortuanately I don't see that happening. He plays horrible when he's in pain (more stupid 3's, turnovers, etc.)

It's not like we need him right now w/ the way Dale/Max are playing. I don't want a repeat of last year w/ a gimpy Rasheed who is useless in the play-offs.

Somebody needs to shut him down.
  2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

This injury may be worse than the Pistons are letting on. He orginally injuried it last April and Sheed said it has not been right since. That is not a good sign. Perhaps he has been told that playing on it will not hurt it any worse if he can deal with the pain. He either plays with the pain or shuts it down for the year to get surgury to repair it. Just my opinion but this seems like what is going on to me.
  3. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

No he is on my fantasy team. But seriously maybe he should have looked into surgery during the offseason? But I agree shut him down now with the guys coming in behind him isn't hurting and it is giving them burn they need. A healthy Sheed in the playoffs is what this team needs.
  4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I think the Pistons would have a real big problem with the Players' Union if they intentionally played Sheed, knowing that he was injured to the extent that he should not be playing.

Besides why would they risk screwing him up permanently this time of the year?

I think he may be hurt, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it being serious, not at this point. On the other hand, most players after they reach 30 play with aches and pains (minor injuries) a good deal of the time if they are starters. If every over 30 starter got shut down just because he was aching there wouldn't be any over 30 starters in the NBA.

:hoops: