Shock loses WNBA Finals forshadowing the Piston?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by hlbimage, Sep 16, 2007.

1. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Flip and Richard Hamilton were at the game. I hope they learn something from it. I hope they learn to close out the opponent instead of waiting for being backs up against the wall then runs on all pistons to the last minute. I know that I am being optimistic that these are a girls playing and that the Piston has tons of old and new capable players to win it all come this NBA season.

Did anyone saw the game and have a thought?
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Was the loss any fault of the coach??
  3. max

max All-Star

I don't know. sports is sports, not going to win it everytime. I was flipping between them and the Lions hoping the score would improve and it never did. Just did not seem to be able to make a shot.

I thought they let a golden opportunity slip away in game 4. Chance to win with about 10 secs left and could not get any kind of a play going.
  4. hlbimage

With Laimbeer? you think anyone will think it is him? :pound:

To answer your question, I think it was the players that didn't play hard enough.

I heard that Laimbeer might take a position within the Piston's organization this NBA season. Anyone can confirm this?
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I seriously doubt it.
  6. hlbimage

:gun1:
  7. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

No forshadowing here............the Shock made it to the finals.........:stirthepot:
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Mercury 108, Shock 92

The Shock and refs blew their chance with this series on Thursday. As Tweety said in the post game comment, "everybody knows that we should have won this one on Thursday"

The Shock came out today as if they were let down by Thursdays last minute loss and the Mercury came out as if they had a new lease on life which they did. They set the tone in the first quarter shooting over 70% and jumping off to a 13 point lead that the Shock were never able to penetrate until the end when they decided to start shooting threes.

Not sure why they waited so long but Katie refused to shoot until the end and to many passes were fed to the middle looking for a non-existent inside game. Ford was a non-factor and should have been left on the bench. Pierson got into foul trouble trying to stop Penny Taylor who went from 1/11 shooting on Thursday to 30 points tonight. Taylor traveled many a time, but never was called for it. Taurasi's elbows were deadly leaving katie with a black eye from Thursday and Pierson with a facial today. The Cameras saw it, but not the refs..and that was the tone of series, to many bogus calls on the Shock so they basically playing 5 on 6 most if the series.

Give the Mercury credit though. They outhustled the Shock ladies getting to every loose ball and hitting the key shots everytime the Shock decided to make a move. The Shock provided no defense on the perimeter or inside as MVP Cappy Pondexter penetrated at will. This a player that both WNBA and NBA teams pine for.

Flip Saunders, Rip Hamilton and Chuck Daley were spotted on the sidelines along with Karl Malone, they and the 20,000 fans who showed up could not help the listless Shock who left it up to Flip and rip to get the address changed to Six Championship Drive.

Good season though for the Shock. The injury to Ford midseason hampered her in these games as she wasn't even a factor in the two games they won. The injury to Swin Cash a couple of years ago has slowed her and as gaZoo mentioned on the other forum, maybe she comes off the bench next season and start Pierson.
  9. max

max All-Star

I am not a big Taurasi fan after watching the past 2 games. She is a very dirty player.
  10. LA Dre

Now if Flip can make it to the finals, then I think he gets the respect that Bill sometimes get....but not this series of course.
  11. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

[​IMG]

:hoops:
  12. hlbimage

What nerve she had calling the league to look at the Pierson and Taylor situation to switch attention away from her. Pierson should call the league to look at her play. She purposely elbowed her in the face coming down from the rebounce.
  13. max

max All-Star

Anything they do now will just come across as looking like a sore loser.

Everyone saw it so we can only hope that people will remember it.
  14. hlbimage

Taurasi did the same thing after they loosed in game 3. She complained to the league about it. Oh well, I hope she rot in hell and chocks on the Championship. :gun1:
  15. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Too bad. Missed the golden chance in Pheonix. Nice run though.

HOW ABOUT THEM LIONS!
  16. hlbimage

How about them Cheaters, I mean Patriots.
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I understand your point, but that's like a kid getting punched in school and telling the teacher instead of beating that kids azz. I say that they suck it up and wait till next season and become better.
  18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Foreshadowing? hardly. It was like 2005 vs. the Spurs. it was repetition. The pistons may have learned to close out a series but they forgot that they had to show up for the other 47 minutes.
  19. LA Dre

Ths SHock can become better, but it will be without Cash as she has probably played her last game for Laimbeer in Detroit.

Somebody (Fleabag aka n2Deep?) suggested trading her and Ford for the number one draft pick in next years draft and possibly grab UT's Candice Parker or LSU Sylvia Fowles. I am familar with Parker's game, but not Fowles. Either way they need a player who can match Cappie Pondexters skills.

Now Bring on those Pistons and show us that you can play the whole game and the whole season without flaming out!!!!
  20. hlbimage

Richard Hamilton was there at the game he could have suited up and come into the game to score some damn points. Flip could be assistant coach instead of chowing down on the pop corns because I didn't see Rick Mahorn doing much. :pound: