Shock News?

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by Ozarkruffrider, Jan 17, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Now that's how you send a message. What a first half!

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

56-41 1:00 to go in the third

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, Indy went on their 3rd quarter run, but our Shock shook it off and took control of the game. 80-61 Detroit.

Bring on New York!!

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Laimbeer really let them play through that terrible stretch in the 3rd quarter. Not sure how many coaches would have the patience for that.

5. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Wow, 19 points allowed in an entire half??? I hope they can survive without a Real Ford (Cheryl) and Pierson.

6. coynejeremy

The interesting thing is, had it not worked, people would be criticizing him for being clueless. The again, maybe it's just about knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, and folding 'em before they lose the game for you.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also, it's about having the confidence to do what you think is best. If you have no backbone, then you do all the standard things to avoid criticism if you lose.

In this particular instance, I definitely would have called a timeout though. The Shock turned it over multiple times in a row and gave up uncontested layups in a game where they had an insurmountable lead.

Maybe Bill wanted to make the players feel responsible and step up themselves?

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

8 posts in one night for a Shock game...good to see some interest here as the city needs something to cheer about this fall (in spite of the Millen firing).

Pierson may not be available for the next series, but if they survive, hopefully she will be fine for the finals.

I see the Sparks snuck into the conference finals too as the league hopes that they can get in the finals to promote and live off of Candy Parker ratings..

9. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Aww, come on, you KNEW that the Sparks would make it!

10. LA Dre

If I am not mistaken, the Candace Spark(ers) came into the Brawl at the Palace part 2 (Girls Gone Wild style) with a losing record. They took that game from the Shock and proceeded to win a couple more games before and after the Olympic break and secure a playoff spot.

They looked terrible in game 2 vs Seattle Storm, but without Lauren Jackson the Storm could not hold on to win game 3 at home despite the Cheryl Swoops, Sue Bird and Swin Cash heroics...

The Shock are better than the Sparks, but I would not want to face them with out Pierson. The Candace Parker factor could weigh heavy here on the powers that be to make sure she is there in the end.

Of course both teams need to win their conference finals before I put them in a finals meeting:sssh:

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I didn't watch the game so i'm not sure what happened, but it seems like the Shock have emotional problems against the liberty in the 4th quarter. Didn't this happen during the year as well (getting outscored by alot). I don't know if i'm going to watch this series; i don't mean to sound mean, but that liberty center Mcarville (?) really freaks me out.

12. LA Dre

I saw the first half, and then tivo'd the second to watch the debate. They looked tentative in the first half as both teams had trouble finding the hoop and the Shock had to many turnovers. They lead at one point 19-8 in the second qtr before finishing the half leading 29-23. Without the turnovers they could have had a 15 point lead and possibly coasted to the victory instead of losing by 4.

I have not watched the second half, but according to Bill's post game comments they didn't play smart in the 4th and missed to many ezy shots for the game and in the end.

Next two games (if necessary) are at home but they really miss Plenette Pierson...

13. LA Dre

Nice wake up in the 4th qtr today as the Shock came back from a 8 point deficit at the end of third to win 64-55. They outscored the Liberty 26-9 in the 4th. The Liberty almost won the game with their inside game in the first half and then their three ball in the 3rd qtr, but came up short in both areas in the all important 4th qtr when the Shock were on the brink of elimination.

Nolan took to many shots, but did drive in the 4th to get some points at the FT line. Plenette Pierson came off the bench in Willis Reed like manner and scored 10 points and grabbed a few key rebounds.

The Shock defense forced 18 Liberty turnovers many of those coming down the stretch where the Liberty either missed the shot or were stripped of the ball.

The game was played at EMU, and according to the announcers the Shock did not get a chance to come down early to test the hoops, but Liberty were there yesterday.

Key to tomorrows win is to hit shots early, get the McCarville in foul trouble early, make sure Plennette Pierson's shoulder is being worked on by Arne Kander tonight and win the 4th quarter.

GO SHOCK!!!

14. roscoe36

Arnie is so lucky. I would tend to Plennette's wounded wing if given the opportunity. :inlove:

15. detteam

detteam All-Star

I just talked to her. She said she will call you on your cell.

16. roscoe36

Hardy Har Har.

17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Dried turnip, peppermint oil, lavender oil, and wintergreen oil. That's the concoction ESPN said Plenette was rubbing on her shoulder. Wonder if Arnie helped come up with that?

If so, I find his omission of beets and lemon grass perplexing.

18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I have a feeling you wouldn't be able to contain yourself, and you'd only worsen the injury. :)

19. roscoe36

She'd probably worsen it punching me. She's super attractive in a Xena Warrior Princess sorta way.

20. coynejeremy

:pound::pound::pound: