Should Flip Return?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Jun 4, 2007.

?

Should Flip Return?

1. Yes

9.1%
  2. No

81.8%
  3. Undecided

9.1%
  1. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Hence the "I believe", he won one as a player then right ?

2. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Low there is a difference between coaching and having an inner drive to run at 100% all the time. If not in the regular season, then most certainly in the playoffs. Work ethic and desire for the game cannot be coached. I want Flip to be fired but really can't point to him and say he was more than half the reason we lost. We probably would have won the series with a better coach like LB, but the players really failed to execute on the fundamentals. The switch was a term that was used from the time they won the championship. I propose Flip and a starter has to leave. Had enough of the better than the competition attitude.

3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

NO

Flip is not a playoff coach. He can not make adjustments on the fly during a game. When Flip calls time outs does he even draw up a plays? It seems that the Pistons coming out of a time out and just hand the ball to Chauncey or pass the ball around like they are afraid of it until the shot clock is down to 3 and someone has to just throw the ball up to avoid a shot clock violation. When you see him walking the sidelines and the camera zooms in all you see is fear on his face. You don't see confidence nor do you see him lobbying with the officals or taking a stand. Sometimes a coach has to take a tech.

4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Wouldn't mind letting one or both of our assistants go and getting a Defensive Coordinator (Coach) on the bench. I think that is the only thing that P.J. is responsible for over in San Antone. I thought I heard once that he is responsible for the defensive schemes for each opponent. If what they are doing isn't working then it is his ass in the film room coming up with a new plan. Maybe our defensive guy could also be a motivator.

Let Flip handle the offense and make him responsible for no players getting no more than 30 minutes per game for the first 70 games no matter what the circumstances.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think Flip should return.

To Minnesota

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe Flip should be the offensive coordinator and someone else should be the "coach."

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

LOL...from what we saw this series...Flip's 'offense' is pretty offensive. :P

8. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

What occupation do you have in mind for him in Minnesota?

9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He'd be great as the guy in the chicken suit. He has the head bob down pat. I would have said Rooster, but we all know Flip doesn't have the um... "equipment" for the job.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Should he no. Will he yes.:hurt:

11. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

I agree with this. Kobe, KG, JKidd -- these guys always bring maximum effort. Our effort has been patchy in recent years. Flip is part of that, definitely; if we could have Laimbeer or JVG in his place I'd be all for it. But some of this has to fall on the players too.

12. pistonsloyalist

If the plan is to keep Flip and get rid of Sheed, there won't be much reason to watch this team next year.

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Who said the Pistons were getting rid of Sheed?

14. pistonsloyalist

Nobody, at least nobody who represents the Pistons. But Sheed has little or no respect for Flip and Flip undoubteldy knows that, and I wouldn't put it past Davidson to ship Sheed out because of his histrionics in game 6. All I am saying is that if Flip was kept here at the expense of Sheed, it would be a disaster for the team.

15. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  16. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

Well i guess yeah. Its unfair to put the blame on FLIP, HOwever %%%% Stu Jackson and David Stern. By changing the style of NBA basketball. This guys get millions and yet specially superstarts like dahhh king james or d wade spends most of the time on the free throw line. I guess Joe D should change the roster gone were the days that pistons basketball plays hard nose defence. just by a snap of a finger here comes the freakin refss prrrttt foul...superstarts get 30 points a night by almost half of it on the free throw line..huh what a frustrating season..

17. Fuster

Fuster Second Round Draft Pick

Ron Harper and Terry Porter are Pistons assistants that could take a shot at head coach. Porter is being interviewed by at least one NBA team for a head coaching vacancy. If Saunders gets axed, you gotta think about who you replace him with and how long it will take that newbie to get up to full speed for playoff winning mode. Or whether it will work at all.

18. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Yes he should return. What happened to all those who stated that Flip was an above average coach. 80% of those who rated Flip on the other thread had him in the top half of coaches. There are no experienced coaches who can be guaranteed to have that type of rating available right now. I know that many of you will say that I'm crazy. I may have a bumper sticker that says, "Republicans For Voldemort",:pound: :pound: but I'm quite sane. I type this as I hide in Vancouver on vacation. I firmly believe that the players are at least 75% responsible for their early exit this season. This is because the drive within them as a unit is gone. I hope that Joe Dumard is sane enough to bring back Flip.

19. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Only if Joe D. allows him to bring those crackers with him.

:hoops:

20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yes---- [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3 8.33%
    mikhail1973, Nemo, TheeTFD
    We're getting our azzzzzes kicked !!
    -
    The good news is, if Flip is inferior Dumars must get him help. And get him the players he needs.
    But then that's blind leading the blind.