Should we keep Cbill#1...?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, Jul 24, 2006.

?

Keep C. Billups?

1. YES, no doubt about it

57.1%
  2. YES, but I draw the at $20mil. per

19.0%
  3. YES, so we can sign and trade

16.7%
  4. NO, Dumars can find interchangable Point Guards.

7.1%
  1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That is the tough part... Ben and CB are GREAT players. But, there is a level where it becomes a bad deal for the empolyer. That point is tough to calculate... but I trust that Billy D is getting pretty good at that by now.

Which brings me to another question. Is there any way that he is making $ with the Shock? From everything I have heard, the WNBA as a whole is still in the red. Why did he bother getting involved in that?
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He owns the arena. It's more bookings, more nights to move concession sales. With the Pistons, the possibilities for cross promotion are huge, and I am quite sure that the NBA bears the losses on the WNBA, not the owners independently.
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Very true... luv to hear terms like cross promoting, upselling and circular markets... it's no fluke that the Pistons sold the most merchandise last year... Could be a different picture without Ben's gravy train.
    Come get your Nazi inflatables... Rip locks here... come and get em .

Chauncey re-signing will correlate to playoff wins... you don't mortgage your future for a product that isn't working.
    I would like to take a second look at the financial picture for next year minus CBill's new deal.... Joe may decide to go in a whole new direction.
  4. DReDD

DReDD Second Round Draft Pick

Are you really sure Ben left because of the money tho? I'm not. Doesn't matter how much you give me to be in a place I'm not wanted. I think its pretty clear from the Orlando game Ben didn't like the direction the team was going philosophically. Think about it, a company you've been a big part of, given blood, sweat and tears to, all of a sudden brings in an "outsider" and that guy basically cuts you out of the work you've done to get to that point... would YOU want to stay?
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dredd, dig-it, that stuff about his brother is for real.
    As for the money, it's all obscene. It's so ridiculous. I can't deal with it.