Show Ben Gordon Some Love Dang IT!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, Jul 18, 2009.

1. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Alot of those "people" are so biased against Gordon that they were calling his deal $12 million to start even when logic dictated that it was all but impossible.

I'm not worried about the defense. If the player and team gives effort, they will be alright.

When Richard Hamilton was acquired he was called a horrible defender, while Jerry Stackhouse was labeled as "a rugged defender".

Even though I almost wet myself laughing at that quote when I first read it, at the time it was widely regarded as true.
  2. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

3. Blue

Blue First Round Draft Pick

The discussion seems to be mirroring a lot of the old draft arguments (you tend to see these a lot mainly with the NFL draft)...

*Do you go for filling the need or do you just take the best player available?

I always believed you take the best player. In the event that you don't need a player at that position, then you at least have a player with very high value because of his talent, so you can keep one and deal the other for something that you do need.

That seems to be Joe's thinking right now and I like it.
  4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I third it
  5. max

max All-Star

There is still plenty of time for a big trade. How soon we forget that CB was not traded until November.

Plus with Wilcox we have more flexibility - teams know that we are not as desperate for big like before.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

To me if he's here till then it qualifies as the future.

It's just a feeling. I can see Rip being moved, but only after a struggle where it becomes obvious one has to move not b/c of chemistry but compatibility where i agree it will be for less value.

At this point to me it looks like Joe actually thinks this 3 guard thing willl work w/ a weak frontcourt.
  7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

What about Bynum? He can't be left out in the cold after the year he had last year.
  8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Q&A with Reinsdorf: Departed Gordon didn't fit with Bulls :: Beacon News :: Local Sports
  9. max

max All-Star

10. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

But when you look at the Bulls you see they chose Deng over Gordan and Deng is a big disappointment for the Bulls after he sign his contract.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Post-Jordan, the bulls have been a disaster. And people think Joe is a bad GM!
  12. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well you cant make that conclusion yet. Deng was injured last year, granted the injury was a huge disappointment, if he comes back healthy, he has a good chance of being ANOTHER premier SF to deal with in the East.
  13. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Prince can handle Deng by himself. The Bulls have had numerous talented players that they practically gave away in most cases.
  14. mikhail1973

Prince is no longer what he used to be. He doesn't have Wallace X2 guarding the paint once th opposition blows by him. And Deng is pretty creative offensively. I'd say in the best case scenario if Deng is healthy and Prince is active offensively it's a wash.
  15. mikhail1973

Joe is pretty good GM. Just compare his results to the bulk of the GM's results over the past 7 years.
  16. blackhawk

I am sure Dumars clearly asked Gordon about the bench situation given our experiment with AI. Moreover, Hamilton said he wouldn't mind if he was coming off the bench as long as we were winning.

I'm looking forward to the Hamilton/Gordon experiment. If it works, we would have a deadly backcourt....

We need time for the players to mesh and build chemistry.. An an additional player that would supply us with a spark in the middle of the season wouldn't hurt either.
  17. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With Deng healthy, and Salmons at the 2, the Bulls have some interesting match-ups. But so do we. I feel as though the two teams (Bulls and Pistons) are very similar. Young PG's (granted D. Rose is a TRUE PG, Stuckey, yet to be determined), athletic front line (ours could use a lil help still), and SG's that can score in Salmons and Hinrich/Rose whichever is playing the 2.
    But that initial starting line-up (maybe) of D. Rose, John Salmons, Deng, Tyrus and Noah are a bunch of hustlers and athletes. On paper, that line-up shreds ours, IMO.
    Even coming off the bench with Hinrich and Brad Miller is solid.
  18. blackhawk

It is likely Tay will get more resting time with Summers and Daye on board. I'm not a Tayshaun advocate but I would think that he can keep up with a number of SF's defensively if he can stay fresh by getting more rest through the duartion of the game.

Wallace x2 were a nice defensive combo. Those were the good ole days
  19. mikhail1973

Oh, he can keep up with most, that's for sure. Just don't expect him to win many match ups.
  20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I just pray that Q doesn't play Rip at the 3 to satisfy his PT desires at the cost of not developing our rookies.