Sign & Trade Redux

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 7, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Good afternoon fellow forumites:

What do you guys know about Francisco Elson, 7-1 with a nice Basketball physique. Could be had for cheap.

Dale Davis & Cato could be shipped off in a S&T and maybe grab somebody else from Denver in the process.

The guy is an old 3 year player, just turned 30. He must have played in Europe before joining the NBA. This is someone with a wide body and strong as an ox. I noticed the way Shaq couldn't muscle him out of position.

This trade of course is a throw in if they give us Reggie Evans or Dermar Johnson.

Welcome your comments

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I can't remember ever seeing the guy play though he started 54 games for Denver, averaging 22 minutes. If you bring Nazr's minutes up to Elson's average you can compare the two head to head.

Stat - Elson - Nazr
    PPG - 4.9 - 7.8
    RPG - 4.7 - 6.5
    SPG - 0.75 - 0.32
    BPG - 0.63 - 0.77

He shoots a higher percentage from the field than Nazr, but less well from the line, doesn't score as much, doesn't board as well.

It's hard to tell how much difference the styles of SanAnt and Denver impact the numbers.

Is he a free agent?

3. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yes DBA he is a FA and as of yet he has gone no where, not even a rumor of him going somewhere.

4. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I have to be honest, I've never even heard of the guy.

5. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I remember Francisco Elson. Thats the cat that got hit in the nose by a Piston I think it was Tayshaun while going up for a rebound when the Pistons played Denver at the Palace. Francisco started walking on rubber legs and then a minute later passed out on the bench. I mean he was barely hit in the face and this dude passed out and had to be carried back to the locker room. I know all of you remember this it was too funny.

Dude is softer than a piece of cake.:P

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Elson recieved alot of playing time in Denver as a result of Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby's injuries during the regular season. He was not very assertive offensively and was a pretty average defender/rebounder. Nothing to see here fellas. Carry on. :)

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh yeah! I do remember that! That was crazy. You're right, it didn't look like much contact and then the dude just collapsed. Weird. Not what I'd call Pistons DNA.

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This latest comment from the News on a possible S&T for Al Harrington is interesting.
    Atlanta has a legal restriction in that they can not trade for a player that has more than a one year contract (previous owner dispute).
    I'm wondering what package would be acceptable...
    Davis, Mo Evans T.E., Delfino & Jmax(team option) = 7M
    Gotta believe Al would be looking for at least 8M
    I suppose if Atlanta wouldn't mind having an overpaid Cato for one year something could get done (including a future pick).

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Elson is interested in the Spurs.