silent game

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by katie2may, Feb 27, 2006.

1. katie2may

katie2may Second Round Draft Pick

I really enjoyed the silent game last night. Listening to the players/coaches was a nice change of pace.

Does anyone know why they did this and if they plan on future silent games?
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It was unique K2M, but I thought it was lousy because it was a second class West team playing a bottom dwelling East squad to a half empty arena.

I'd really like to see a silent game at the Palace between the Pistons and another superpower. That would be interesting and entertaining in my opinion.
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I think they should have an announcer from each team call it... they could have a moderator (like around the horn)... and if one of the announcers gets the wrong call he gets one in the kisser by one of those oversized boxing gloves... especially want to see with the Celtics Tommy Heinsohn (Tommy points) .... Johnny Most would be have been a nice participant also....(goes into Johnny Most whiskey & cigar voice).... "Did you see that Thug Laimbeer mug Bird...oh the shame... he's a despicable SOB he deserves to be banned for life" :blah:....POWWW right in t he kisser!:boxing:

Certainly silence would be an upgrade over Bill Walton.... or Barkley... just mute em and let them ramble... while they show pictures of them in diapers.
  4. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Was pretty good. With surround sound, it was almost like being at the game. I could hear guys yelling for beer behind me. Everytime someone threw up a brick, you could feel the thud off the rim.

What was really cool was the fan noises (they put in extra mikes for the game so you could all the sounds coming from the arena). When Arroyo came in the people were going crazy.

What was missing were comments when certain things happen, like on a couple of highlight real plays, the lack of an announcer screaming was really noticeable.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

Maybe they could mike up the arena, and then just broadcast over the radio. Then, it would be the closest thing to seeing a game with the Linwood family, since I take my little AM radio up into the cheap seats and listen to Blaha and Laims during the game.
  6. katie2may

katie2may Second Round Draft Pick

i think they should try player mikes... imagine what it would be like to listen to sheed - five second delay would be enforced of course
  7. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I didn't watch that broadcast. I enjoy the announcers usually because of the up-to-date stats and things they produce.

I was under the impression that the arena was sold out, and I was also under the impression that they were going to mic some players. It was talked about that there would probably be swearing from the players. I did not see many empty seats and it was listed as a sold-out game. They all have been since Arroyo has been here.

In the past, I had seen a football game that way and although it was interesting, I would rather have the announcers. I know that during instant replays, you can look for what they are telling about, for one thing.

Anyway, I watched the local South Sports broadcast and heard it all.