Since we're all down on Stuckey lets look to trade him.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by explosivity, Dec 19, 2009.

1. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Although he is my favorite player on this current Piston squad I can't help but notice that there is a lot of hate for Stuckey. We all know as Piston fans that the success of the team superceeds any one player. In saying all that I propose that maybe we look to trade stuck, rip, tay, max, kwame, wilcox and get a "true" pt. guard and a center. If Stuck is not going to get it we might as well ship him off right? Let me know what you guys think.

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

We trade him... he comes back and beats us to a pulp... then folks will say man he is pretty good.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think many people want to trade him, but there has to be somewhere between trading and defending him for criticism.

I don't have a particular hard on for this kid. I was so happy to see Chauncey go, and I was feeling pretty good about AI leaving after last year so Stuckey could take over.

I'd like to see the kid succeed. But when you see some of the bone headed stuff he does, you wonder, is something there or am I seeing something which isn't there?

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

NOPE! I like Stuckey and thinks that he has future in this league and can be an All-star for many years as a 2-Guard.

But he needs to get in shape, and he needs to develop a better court awareness.

I think Stuck can avg somewhere between 23-25ppg and do it efficiently, as long as he doesn't have the responsibility of running the offense.

Over the summer we need to take a hard look at 2 players and roll the dice, (1)Javaris Crittenton and (2)Jordan Farmar.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuck is the driving machine that we have been longing for. He would be an incredible addition to some teams out there. Once we get the rest of our team assembled (and some of our redundant pieces traded for essential ones), then he will be a nightmare for defenses.

With the conditioning, keep in mind that he is relentlessly trying to get to the rim with tons of contact against double teams. It is an exhausting way to play basketball. It also puts him at risk for injury... unfortunately, ala DWade.

6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey is also logging about 38 minutes per game, more than any starter I can think of in recent years, other than Prince. And Stuckey is carrying around a lot more bulk and muscle mass and he plays a physical style as you noted, so he is worn down a lot more.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I expect his minutes go down when rip and bengo return - finally. Q has show that he is very well aware of potential fatigue, but in this particular case Q has not had choices: Iron Will was out too...

8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, his minutes will decrease a bit when this team gets healthy... well, IF they ever get healthy.

9. pistonsin6

pistonsin6 First Round Draft Pick

I think people are being way to quick to pull the trigger.

He's in his 3rd year- compare his play to other good PGs now who were in their third year, Billups, Devin Harris, Parker etc...

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No one has actually suggested trading him. Well, maybe monrams did :MusicBigGrin:, but I don't think anyone else suggested trading him, benching him, or cutting his minutes in half. A couple people are frustrated with his performance, not ready to throw in the towel.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Despite his issues, he is to valuable to trade. With him being the # 1 option and him believing he is the #1 option, he will get the criticism whether we win or lose.

The blame if anything has to go our conditioning and bad ankles that have left at least 40 points sitting on the bench in street clothes every night so we have to rely on players like Max, Chucky and Ben who are not going to give us more than 15 pts combined per game, and if at least two of them are not defending or grabbing boards, then they have no real value on the floor.

Once we have a healthy Rip and Bengo and maybe even Tay, it may take awhile to gel, but Stuckey will fall into his role and he will take shots when needed and not force them. Plus he will be more affective playing only about 30 mins a game.

If we see him, Bengo, Rip and CV all averaging between 15-22 ppg, the offense we thought would be potent at the beginning of season will finally come around and we should see some victories despite the weak front line defense.

So let's keep him

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

He struggles playing the point and he struggles with his shot more than I'd like.
    He just doesn't fit with our current team. Kinda like Amir.

13. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

yeah roscoe the reason i raised that so I may really know what would be the reaction and suggestion of peeps..I am really curious on what's his value if we shop him...some suggest brandon jennings? Is that his value?will a team exchange baron davis per say for stuck? provided that salary cap is not an issue..My question is more of who are we gonna get if we trade him?

Again I'm gonna eat what i said about the guy.. He may be a decent 2..provided that hes not the franchise or star player of the team, to lessen the pressure on his end.. and my stand now will be this he IS not a PG>>>>>

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Some of y'all think that 6'5" guards that can score 25ppg grow on trees.

15. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I don't need Stuckey to score 25 ppg, although the Pistons need him to. I would just like him to shoot above 41% for the season. He's gotta raise his assists total and dish the ball to others who can shoot better...Which is almost everybody.
    His 4.5 assists per game really belongs around 6.5 -7.0 per game.

16. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

100% Agree with that! :)

What we need is a Point Guard to complement Stuckey.

I can't wait to see him in any All-Star Unifrom (I know that it's really hard to happen this year, but maybe 2011.. Who knows, right?)

17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This is an angle that should be explored further...
    Stuck is hurtin'

18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Stuckey is finally breaking through the last spell of games. People tend to pick him apart but really the problem is the Piston front line. The front line is weak defensively and almost non-existent on offense. Compare the Piston front line to players on virtually any other team.

In addition, Stuckey simply does not have the players with him due to the injuries to do much on offense. It is easy for opposing defenses then to key him down.

Imagine Stuckey in an offense with other options. How will teams then play him? Right now, he only has CV and some rookies on offense.

Can Stuckey improve? Yes. He still makes poor decisions and his jumper is still suspect but getting better.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Makes you think about how good Kobe and LeBron are. They take the same punishment, hell Kobe's playing with a broken finger on his shooting hand. Not knocking Stuck, just appreciating the other guys for going unrealistically above a reasonable expectation.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It doesn't really make me fell any better when I think of a 23 yr old player who can't play 37 minutes a night.