Since we're all down on Stuckey lets look to trade him.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by explosivity, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Actually, the % are very close. Lebron shoots 50% with Varejao shooting 52%.
    Lebron takes 20 shots per game and Varejao averages 6. Lebron is averaging 8 assists per game, so he is involving others. That's probably why these guys are winning. Kinda like us when Billups increased his assists.

On the other hand, Stuckey is shooting 41%, while Ben shoots 47%
    Ben only gets 3 shots per game, while Stuckey takes about 19. Obviously, a few more plays involving others would help. Probably why we're losing.
    I'm just sayin.......:)

2. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Health, Health, Health. This is the first season in a long time where the injury bug is beating our Arsse.

I am just hoping that Arnie can raise his game and get this squad back to operating on all cylinders sooner then later.

The good thing is that we are still in it. The bench and rooks are treading water but I don't know how much longer we can rely on them.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There's a Nash equillibrium optimization with the FG%/TS% (and I'm not talking bout Steve Nash).

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I guess Arnie improving his "ankle injury management" wasn't that far off... so we had several players that were wearing the new "loose movement" sneakers... so Arnie put his foot down and told them to ditch the ankle injuring sneakers.

The legend lives

5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

47% is a really bad percentage for a center, especially one that shoots virtually nothing but dunks and layups.

We're not losing games due to Ben not touching the ball more. I can assure you of that.

6. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

The mind is a beautiful thing. There is not as much equilibrium as one might think.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It depends how good one is at thinkin I recon.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

In nature there rarely is.

9. Nemo

:)
    I will agree with you 95%. Ben is just one option out of many that should be considered for more shots per game. I also agree that 47% is bad for a center. But 41% for your top scoring option certainly won't add Ws to the team.:)

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm a strong believer in recent trends... the % have been much better over this past month.

11. Nemo

I agree with you here. If Stuckey is getting into a groove. Than I'm happy. :)

12. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If we can trade Stuckey for Chris Paul, I am all for it. The chance of that happening is a million to none.

I say no to trading Stuckey because of his huge upside and his future all-star potential.

Stuckey is NOT a PG. If we can somehow play to his strengths, alleviate him from being the floor general, let him create his own shot, trade for him some POST help to draw defenders away and get our injured players back on the floor, we will see Stuckey flourish.

Trading Stuck would be premature unless it's for CP3.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Since we are talking 2's instead one's, would you trade 23 year Stuckey for a 31 year old Kobe? He think he resigning with the Lake show to the 13/14 season which means he thinks he good to at least 36 years of age. I mean we could get maybe two more titles out of him...:)

14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm not a Stuck hater.
    ...I'm just not totally sold on the fact that he'll ever be an all-star.

15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Mo Williams has made an all star game. So has Jameer Nelson. McGrady's played all 40 minutes this year and he has more all star votes than Deron Williams.

I certainly believe Stuckey's upside exceeds the likes of Mo Williams and Jameer Nelson...

The standard should be All NBA. That better defines the great players in the league.

16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

So is the consensus that Stuckey has no chance of improving his decision making and passing skills?
    Not capable of being a solid PG?

Not buying

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not big on consensus. Get 100 geniuses together, consensus looks great. 100 fools, consensus is a disaster.

I think he can improve. I think the growing pains will suck. Chancey got started on the right foot in Minny, and then Joe scooped him up after everyone else developed him. But, if we get a quality floor leader 2 or 3 years from now, its a better proposition than starting over from scratch.

18. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I have to get back with you on that one Dre. That's a tough question, you rascal you, now you have put me in a "trick bag". (that's old school saying Dre), the youngsters won't understand that.

19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

20. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I think he will become better in the PG role. However, I still think his ability to score is kind of a waste and the 1. I would rather find a guy to just run the sets and hit perimeter shots with Rodney as a Brandon Roy type of 2 who will get you 4-5 assists, but isn't constantly having to hold back from his natural instinct of scoring.

Realistically, Rodney is a 23-25ppg guy in his prime, and that is the aspect of his game the Pistons should embrace rather than trying to force him into being a "true" point. And since Rodney has proven he is a solid defender at the 2, I don't see the problem other than the fact that we've got a lot of 2's already.