Since we're all down on Stuckey lets look to trade him.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by explosivity, Dec 19, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

But it's up to the Band Conducter to recognize whehter that person needs to be playing the drums or the tubal. lol
  2. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm watching the game against the Raptors last night thinking "Man, every GM in the league has to be licking their chops at Rodney Stuckey". They all know JD would want too much for Stuckey in a trade, so that won't happen. They see Stuckey developing as either the 1 or the 2, while he is being misused at either position he plays. This Rodney Stuckey experiment is going to end badly for the Detroit Pistons.
  3. max

max All-Star

This whole ra ra beat them with energy can only take you just so far. In the end you need talented players who can make plays while under defensive pressure.

3 out of our 5 top scorers are injured and not playing. One is playing hurt( CV). So there is hope once they come back. Pistons have only played 1 game in which everyone was active.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

At least nobody can complain about the rookies not playing... always wanted to see an "all youth" lineup so folks could see it's not all that great.

Oh Stuckey is goooooood:stirthepot:
  5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey has been put into a no-win situation. He doesn't have the scorers to pass to, everyone plays him to drive, and he can't score the 60 or so a night the team would need to win with his jump shot. If the coaching staff are doing their jobs, he should know that nothing he's going to do right now is going to please too many people.

Give him some scorers, let him grab some assists and force the defense not to key on him and then see what he does. Get some guys back healthy and then judge him.
  6. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

Well I am gonna wait up until tay, rip and BG gets healthy. and see how stuck performs I am not really sold out that the team gears up stuckey to be the Go to GUY...although as of the moment we have no choice but to stick with him....
  7. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I think we've gone from one extreme to the other. Most wanted a decent blend a few years back when it was getting clear that the "Starting 5" crew was getting stale.

However, at this point, it's a pretty necessary step in order to get back to playing at a high level.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You know what's funny, I think are rooks are pretty good, but not to the point of untouchable. I think that you were right on the money when you said that the next step will require us to move ANY one or two of these guys.
    Example; Sign and trade with Toronto for Bosh, where we give up our #1 pick, Daye and Rip.
  9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer