Singler to Play in Spain

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mossberg, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

2. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Lucentum alicante trade Singler european rigths to real madrid. Lucentum obtains 150000 euros and singler obtains half million dolars +- for the rest of the seasson.
    This I heard on the radio 50 minutes ago while having dinner, said it Lucentum president in an interview with local radio Valencia. This morning they closed the deal the club Alicante and the representative of Real Madrid and former player, Alberto Herreros.
    Singler will bid farewell to the fans by playing a final round of ACB league this weekend Lucentum.
    The challenge is to get Kyle Singler minutes in an elite workforce, playing two games per week (Euroleague and ACB), plus the Cup competition in mid-January 2012.
    If Singler fails to enter the competitive real madrid rotation it will be difficult to play minutes, if exploited in a roster of the European elite, you can make money in Europe starting this summer .... Dilemma as pistons fan Kyle succeed at the highest opponent of my other team, barcelona and over not playing in my pistons. It's a pride you feel at home in Spain but I hope that Kyle play in Detroit next year not on the real "rich kids" madrid.
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Did he have much opportunity to play in Detroit? Maybe if he works on his game over there, he'll be better equipped for the NBA. Still, I don't like it. I think it's a slap in the face.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We have Daye and Jerebko. Singler would have been a bench warmer for sure.
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He can make more money staying in Europe for the rest of the season, something that many second-round picks end up doing anyway. Meanwhile, the owners locked out the players back home. How is that a slap in the face from Singler?
    Mogilny likes this.
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I wonder if he talked to Frank before deciding.
  7. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

He's from Duke...who have they sent to the NBA in the last 15 years or so anyways.
    Please don't say Grant Hill...not post surgery anyways...
    Chistian Laettner would be a better candidate right now. I don't see him passing any of our utes....
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think he would have competed for some of the Tayshaun Prince minutes.
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He's not allowed to - there's a lockout!
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I've watched this kid play some overseas and I think he could have earned some time at the 1 or 2 spots and allowed the Pistons to go big.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm sure Lee would have had him starting at PG in one his Lee'tations
  12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

13. Nemo

The lure of the motor city isn't what it once used to be. Heck...even LaDre left almost 30 years ago for LaLa land. He went there and decided to stay...Dre...yes, Singler...maybe

From Wikipedia.........

Singler was chosen with the 3rd pick of the 2nd round (33rd overall) of the 2011 NBA Draft draft by the Detroit Pistons. In August 2011 he signed with Spanish team CB Lucentum Alicante until the end of the 2011 NBA lockout. In his debut in the Spanish league, he won the MVP of the first match day with 23 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists. After the end of the lockout, Singler exercised his option to leave the club, he chose to join Real Madrid after the two clubs agreed on a transfer fee.

From espnnews.........

ALICANTE, Spain -- Former Duke star Kyle Singler plans to stay in Spain rather than join the Detroit Pistons. Singler was taken by the Pistons with the No. 33 pick in the draft. He's been playing with Spanish team Lucentum Alicante during the NBA lockout.
    Alicante says it has agreed to sell Singler's rights to Real Madrid. The club says the forward will join Madrid once the NBA lockout is officially over. Singler will play for Alicante on Sunday before signing with his new team on Monday after medical tests. Financial details were not released. Singler joined Alicante in August and has been the league's top rookie, averaging 15 points. The Pistons retain Singler's NBA rights while he is playing overseas.

Also a nice read about his possible mind set.......

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/06/21/1103330?sac=Sports

An opinion on his skill sets and possible NBA future...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...singler-overratted-or-just-where-he-should-be
  14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

It isn't a HUGE slap. I just think he could have learned something talking to some of the other guys in the league. He's going to need a lot of intangibles. I think the learning process could have begun for him. He appears to be saying to the Pistons, "I don't want to play for you yet."

And I don't feel a bit bad for the players being locked out. The NBA has the highest average salary. I would like to get paid millions to stand around for three quarters.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Anyone know what position Singler has been playing over there? I haven't been this disappointed in the Pistons losing out on a player since they let Trent Plaisted go.
  16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

If my impression of the current Piston platers and Singler is anywhere near accurate he would have been the one with the intanglibles and the rest of the roster the ones hoping to learn something in that area. I don't blame him a bit but it would have been nice to have him on the roster this season.
  17. Nemo

:cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :)
  18. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

No. 33 pick Singler decides to stay in Spain for extra year

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/12/15/singler-spain.ap/index.html?rss=true

I wonder if Joe made any of his roster moves based on this kid returning this season?
  19. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    This just doesn't sound good when you come across as if you don't care about the opinion of the team that drafted you. You went into the draft and the team drafted you for some purpose.
    There are things that the team can do in the future - like sign you and stick you on the bench for the entire year. Not saying Pistons will or should do it, but wouldn't be surprised if that happens.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just one of them?
    BillLaimbeer and coynejeremy like this.