SlippyReport: Pistons Draft

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Feb 22, 2012.

  1. Slippy

    Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2005
    Messages:
    4,403
    Likes Received:
    843
    Location:
    Oakland, CA
    it would be entertaining if he swatted every shot racking up more points against us than we can score on the other end but after every whistle he'd be incredulous...like 'what??? no way!'
     
  2. Darth Tater

    Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2005
    Messages:
    12,155
    Likes Received:
    582
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Land of the Spuds.
    baseball basketball is a lot more challenging than hockey basketball.

    [​IMG]






    basketball hockey can offer challenges too

    [​IMG]










    but REAL men play kick boxing sumo wrestling judo hockey.

    [​IMG]
     
  3. Mogilny

    Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2010
    Messages:
    3,031
    Likes Received:
    1,260
    Or when someone makes it his thing to play in skates.

    Less than a year ago my brother played against those guys in a exhibition game to gather money for a breast cancer foundation. I don't think I need to add how envious of that experience I am. Those guys were really cool and he took a bunch of pictures with them and his kids. During the game one of them grabbed him behind the goal and held him against the boards and said:

    Hanson Bro: "Let's entertain the crowd. Hold still, I'll slam you against the boards and both my brothers will check you and then we'll beat you up!"

    Mogilny Bro: "What?"

    BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!
     
  4. Slippy

    Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2005
    Messages:
    4,403
    Likes Received:
    843
    Location:
    Oakland, CA
     
  5. linwood

    linwood All-Star

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2005
    Messages:
    4,428
    Likes Received:
    1,453
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    That guy is Anthony Davis. That's why I've been hoping for full on tank mode, even though I would like to see the Pistons improve.

     
  6. BallDon'tLie

    BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2005
    Messages:
    6,828
    Likes Received:
    2,963
    Location:
    Denver, CO
    Wow.
    I'd love to get my ass kicked by the Hanson bros. That would be a defining moment for me. Up there with getting married and becoming a father. That's awesome Mog!
     
  7. Slippy

    Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2005
    Messages:
    4,403
    Likes Received:
    843
    Location:
    Oakland, CA
    :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
     
  8. Laimbrane

    Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1,206
    Likes Received:
    862
    The problem is, even if you are the worst team in the league, the probability of you getting Davis is still only 25%; the probability of dropping is 75%. The advantage of tanking isn't the shot at the #1 overall, it's the overall probability of getting a better overall player.

    Even if the Pistons were the worst team in the league, for example, and even though it would be far more disappointing, moving from first to fourth is still going to get you a better player than if you stayed at the fifth slot.
     
  9. KGREG

    KGREG All-Star

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2005
    Messages:
    4,876
    Likes Received:
    827
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Not neccessarily in this draft, I think Davis is making it clear that he is the #1 pick but after that, 2-8 is a toss up. Who's going to have the better pro career between, Moultrie, Sullinger and Robinson :noidea: Who's going to have the better pro career between MKG, Lamb and Barnes :noidea: and I haven't even factored Andre Drummond into the equation. So this draft is actually 8 deep with players who can truly help this team and the separation from 2-8 is marginal at best. Also as a team, we're not as bad as we have been in the past. With a defined roles for Stuckey and JJ that they seem to fit into, a solid young PG in BK7 and really good big man in GM we're not as desperate as we were 2 drafts ago.
     
  10. BallDon'tLie

    BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2005
    Messages:
    6,828
    Likes Received:
    2,963
    Location:
    Denver, CO
    So you think he's "solid" now?
     
  11. KGREG

    KGREG All-Star

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2005
    Messages:
    4,876
    Likes Received:
    827
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Saginaw, Michigan
    He can get the job done, he needs a tighter/stronger handle with the pill, but i believe he has the work ethic to fix that by his 3rd year. While I'm still not a fan of his "game", I will concede....solid. Also over his last 5 games we're 3-2 and his PG numbers are spectacular! So I think young MrKnight will get the best of me on this one........I hope.......
     
  12. BallDon'tLie

    BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2005
    Messages:
    6,828
    Likes Received:
    2,963
    Location:
    Denver, CO
    [​IMG]
     
    coynejeremy likes this.
  13. Slippy

    Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2005
    Messages:
    4,403
    Likes Received:
    843
    Location:
    Oakland, CA
    strangely mesmerizing. Like tay backing up for a hook shot.
     
  14. Nemo

    Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2006
    Messages:
    12,306
    Likes Received:
    1,503
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Lake Elmo

    These two just got a look at the TEAL uniforms.......................:)
     
    Slippy likes this.
  15. The Panda

    The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2012
    Messages:
    2,032
    Likes Received:
    1,140
    Gender:
    Male
    This draft continues to slide further and further away from what they originally thought. Davis is the clear No.1 but so far as I can see these players are still wildcards for superstardom in the NBA - especially the bigs.

    We need workers. I'm not huge on the need for shot blockers - I am personally a bigger fan of athletic big men with awesome defensive IQ. And stripping players is just as good as blocking them, if not better, considering the odds of possession changing after a block are far lower.

    I would be going for MKG for this draft and looking for a filler PF in FA to go under Max. Run MKG & JJ at the 3 spot and get Prince Lazy-D off to another team. Vil can be half decent so give him a couple of minutes as well. Knight has proven that he has what it takes, and Stuckey is delivering good value on his contract at the two spot.
     
  16. alexa032

    alexa032 Team Captain

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2007
    Messages:
    783
    Likes Received:
    257
    Would be nice to get a solid, high-character 3 I agree. Would like to see IsoTay traded at some point as well, not sure it's likely though.
     
  17. The Panda

    The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2012
    Messages:
    2,032
    Likes Received:
    1,140
    Gender:
    Male
    The 3 spot defines a lot of teams. Unfortunately, Prince doesn't have his head in Pistons ball anymore. And I don't blame him. This team should have been going through these very steps 4+ years ago. He has hung around through the rubbish years and is over it. Fine - I really don't blame him for not showing up.
     
  18. Walter

    Walter All-Star Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2009
    Messages:
    4,810
    Likes Received:
    1,539
    Gender:
    Male
    I do blame him since he signed that 4-year deal. He could've signed anywhere as a FA. If he decided to stay, he knew exactly what he was getting into.
     
  19. Nemo

    Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2006
    Messages:
    12,306
    Likes Received:
    1,503
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Lake Elmo
    Sad...but is seems that it was all about money with his signing.
    Didn't think he would stay just for the coin...........
     
  20. Nemo

    Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2006
    Messages:
    12,306
    Likes Received:
    1,503
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Lake Elmo

    They just saw Tay's contract.
     

Share This Page