So...how about Darko?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Kidstealth, Feb 22, 2010.

1. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

But you have studiously avoided weighing in on whether his main problem is his attitude, his talent level -- or just misuse by all of his NBA coaches (L. Brown, Flip, Brian Hill, Iavaroni, Lionel Hollins and D'Antoni).

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Only 70? They must have been doing some heavy duty cleanup around here. If I remember correctly though, Darko posts use to count for about half the traffic here.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thats what I meant when it comes to so many threads and posts, I weighed in on the subject already in 2004 via the Det News forum and numerous times on this forum from 2005-2010, the last time in another thread two days ago..

http://www.pistonsforum.com/nba-stuff/10641-other-games-around-league-50.html

How much can we beat a dead [strike]Darko [/strike]horse??? Bottom line it was the wrong pick based on hype, Joe & Co fell for it and Piston fans have suffered each June since 2004 and watched in dismay while the Spurs, Heat and Celtics took championship trophies that should be residing at the Palace of Auburn Hills right now..

4. LA Dre

LOL, I think Roscoe has archived them all to sell to Darko in a few years when he decides to write his book Memoirs of a Misunderstood Ball Player

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I have never deleted a thread or post based on content, as long as it didn't violate the forum guidelines.

Just want to be clear about that in case someone takes your post seriously. ;)

6. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

I never heard that. Not to mention the guy was a kid when he was drafted, and I'm sure hungry to play. It takes quite a beating on the soul.

I'm just saying the guy IMO isn't Kwame Brown, but a guy with upside, potential and as much victim of himself as his circumstances.

I never intended this, but now I am stuck reading more and more Darko stuff.

There are no action shots of Darko Milicic, or Brian Cardinal - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! Sports

It's hard for a guy to fathom, here you are a highly touted pick and they don't give you a chance. As a kid, I don't think he was quite ready to deal with it. All anyone said was he the bust guy, even before he got out of Detroit.

Here is the article I was looking for...

09/05/2005 With Larry Brown leaving the Pistons for the New Yorks Knicks for the upcoming 2005-06 season, Chauncey Billups had this to say, during his visit to Detroit radio station WXYTAM 1270, about Brown's treatment of Darko during his tenure "Larry beat him up too much. He tore the kid's confidence apart too much, and it was tough for him to recover," Billups said. "The kid has unbelievable talent. There's nothing he can't do out there on the court. In the playoffs, we're smiling and laughing and having fun out there. I've never seen Darko smile one day ever in practice or playing, and that's a problem."... I guess we'll see if the Darko really has the stuff this next season, there are a lot of people out there that have already written the 21-year old off. (How can you write a 21-year old off that hasn't played significant minutes?) Certainly, one can assume that his talent and ability hasn't earned the playing time, but the fact that he was a #2 pick with a good 15 years ahead of him, I think it's a little premature and presumptuous to judge Darko from his first 2 years in the league.

Case in point: April 19, Detroit versus Atlanta. This was Darko's first start (he only had two here). He scored 16 points (7-11 FGs), grabbed 5 rebounds, and blocked 3 shots in 30 minutes.

I really thought he had a shot to bust out after he averaged 12 points in Orlando during the playoffs, but after he got hurt in Memphis, he never got minutes again.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Absolutely no seriousness intended.

8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You know what else CB thought was a problem? Webber taking his assists. :stirthepot:

9. LA Dre

To this date, I think Webber really wanted to be part of a winning Piston team. I saw him on NBA TV today and he told McHale and Parrish they looked in good enough shape to play today, "but just don't comeback and beat my Pistons"

10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm going to start a Darko thread about Darko threads.

11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think BillLaimbeer already did that. But you could start a Darko thread about Darko threads about Darko threads. We can call it "MOSTLY DARKO THREAD". :stirthepot:

12. Brap

Brap Starter

I wouldn't have the heart to post in the Mostly Darko thread.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sounds like you and Darko have something in common... :pound:

14. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

If any of you guys who are giving yourself more and more rope want to buy more, I have a sale going on now. :gun1::pound:

15. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

If Darko pulls his career out of the ashes Lazy..we will have to chip in and buy you a new set of golf clubs or something.

16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

...or one of those Darko fatheads...

17. lazyberbs

YUou guys have been so patient with me. For that, both Darko and I
    thank you :) !!

18. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Lazy, keep fighting the good fight. I think you might like this article:
    Trying to Talk Myself Into This Darko Thing

Maybe it was ...his astonishing plus-minus Sunday (+35, the best for a Timberwolf in five years), but by the fourth quarter, Wolves fans were chanting "WE WANT DARKO."...Despite being way out of game shape, Darko gives effort defensively, blocks shots, protects the rim, rotates, and runs at open shooters to disrupt them...He didn't want to be traded here, he wants to go home, he's out of shape - but he's giving maximum effort and running the floor...I know he's probably soon long gone. But for now - I think I'm on the side of Sunday night's fans: WE WANT DARKO.

19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...A carton of cigarettes perhaps?

20. lazyberbs

BallDontLie, you really hold a grudge, don't you? Ciggies??