So...how about Darko?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Kidstealth, Feb 22, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I saw Darko sitting in from of me at last nights game,
    kept telling his friend "that wouldn't play me"

[​IMG]
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Interesting that the latest Darko thread has generated 60 posts and over 1,100 views. What's surprising is that of the last 40 posts, 7 have come from LaDre...:pound:

I guess Darko is just press worthy.
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Sorry man - no grudges here, I assure you.

I just think that the whole "Smoko Millicig" thing is pretty funny. I picture young Darko standing outside the Pistons' team bus trying to choke down one last Camel before departing to the arena with Arnie Kander standing there trying to lecture him through a translator.

The fact that young Darko sat in the smoking section is funny to me. I think it sheds some light on what his mentality was and his lack of commitment to playing hoops at a high level. He had the whole world at his feet with all the potential and ability that any young big could ask for.

...and he decided to take a smoke break.
  4. Murph

Murph First Round Draft Pick

So who's more obsessed with Darko, the Darko fans or the Darko haters?
  5. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

BallDontLie, I was just joking. I forgot to put the 'funnyface' in.

No problems from this end.

Darko does generate a lot of comments. From my point of view, I am sure not shared by the people who do not like him, the so-called haters
    seem to keep it going. I iknow that from my perspective, I do not post when he does something good. I have posted in the past to more or less defend him when I feel that he is unfairly chastised.

I am sure the people on the other side feel exactly the opposite.

Anyway, my sale on rope is still one :stirthepot:
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not worried... :MusicBigGrin:

I think it'd be just peachy if he turns it around, but I'm not holding my breath.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I agree.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    He proves the league is weak at big.
    When you see some of the slop that goes for big, you wonder why Dark doesn't do 40min. nightly.
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[​IMG]
  10. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

Double double last night, he didn't look too bad actually. Still a bit out of shape but he didn't seem to be a liability out there.
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

12. G-man

G-man Starter

Give that dog a rubber biscuit..

The dogging days of Dinko in the NBA and the wreck he leaves in his wake have been as consistent as the suns rising in the morning. For 7 long years he has wandered through NBA rosters leaving less of a mark on most than a sweating beer mug leaves on a glass table. He's a mutt.

While the depth of perserverance so loyally practiced in here by many of his supporters is amazing, it's also a little disturbing. 7 years leaves a lot of facts, (like a ten foot pile of facts), in plain view.

In reality - we've been painfully watching as he's been body-slamming your "resurrection fantasies" into the muddy turf nearly as fast as they sew his name on new team jerseys - yet ya'll perservere, it's hard to fathom.

The question that I think begs asking is who are you defending after all this time? Is it really Dinko?

Check yourself.

It's a little like the "bartender syndrome".

Jimmy the bar owner and his buddy are having a few drinks when the owner looks over and sees the bartender slip a few bucks from the cash register into his pocket.

He fires the guy immediately.

Two weeks later his friend ambles in and sees the thieving bartender back behind the bar. "Jimmy" he says, "isn't that the same thieving weasel that was robbing you blind? What in God's name is he doing back here?"

"Well" Jimmy muttered, " I was thinking about it and it seemed to me it's probably better to work with the weasel I know than the one I don't..."

:sssh:
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

My favorite part is when Dorko bobbles the pass, and Gasol immediately turns for the rebound. Psyche! He made it, Pau!
  14. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

What is even more amazing is that when he gets minutes, he produces.

And then he doesn't get minutes.
  15. G-man

G-man Starter

Must be a conspiracy of some kind...
  16. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

16pts 13 rebounds 3 assists... on like 8/12 shooting.. geez we could use that kind of production from the forward spot...
  17. Murph

Darko to re-sign with Wolves?

Wanna play? Earn it

Darko Milicic isn't likely to get any guarantees about playing time from his coach when he begins looking for a new contract this summer. But Wolves coach Kurt Rambis said Milicic can ensure he will play simply by continuing the development he has already shown in the month he has been in Minnesota.
    "Players earn their time," Rambis said in response to Milicic's willingness to sign a new deal with the Wolves if he is promised significant minutes. "Players know it, too. The players know who's playing well and who deserves to be on the floor. They see it in practice."
    Though the Wolves have won only one game since the 7-foot Serbian arrived in mid-February, Rambis said he has seen flashes of a player so promising seven years ago, when he was drafted ahead of Bosh, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade.
    "And I think he can be a lot better," Rambis said. "As he gets in better shape and gets more comfortable and more confident, you'll see him stretch his game."
    In fact, he's already done that offensively. Milicic scored a season-high 16 points against the Lakers last Friday, and appeared to be more confident about taking good shots.
    "The guys are learning how to use him," Rambis said. "I've told him, whenever he's comfortable, I'm OK with him
    shooting inside, outside, [from the] elbow, long distance. But he has to have the confidence to do that."
    For lack of a few crucial stops, Wolves lose 13th straight | StarTribune.com
  18. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

but it took 7 from him years to get it and at best he plays in tankin-for-years team.

nuff said.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    Is Dark the senior player on the Wolves? If so he might know more O's and D's than the rest of the team.
  20. Murph

Another nice double-double by Darko last night...15 pts. and 10 rbds to go with 3 asts and 4 blks.