So where will LeBron go?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Jun 25, 2010.

?

Where does LBJ go?

1. Cleveland Cavaliers

17.1%
  2. Chicago Bulls

26.8%
  3. New York

17.1%
  4. Miami

22.0%
  5. New Jersey

9.8%
  6. L.A. (Clippers)

4.9%
  7. L.A. (Lakers)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

2.4%
  1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I know a lot of you guys don't care, personally I like a lot of other superstars more than him. And in the Kobe v LBJ debate I have stuck with Kobe over the past 6 or 7 years but here is what I find are the pros and cons with each team.

CLEVELAND

Pros: Well its his hometown. If he stays, like MJ did in Chicago, and wins championships for the Cavaliers his legacy would be that much greater. He would be the hometown kid who lifted the curse of Cleveland sports.

Cons: Well they aren't going to really improve. They had no picks in the draft. Shaq, Z, and Jamison are going to get worse due to their age. Mo Williams, Anthony Parker, Gibson, West won't make stellar improvements probably either. They fired Mike Brown but don't have a better coach in line to take over yet either. Cleveland lost in the playoffs this past season and as of right now they have the same role players and a vacancy at the head coaching position. Doesn't sound good for Cavs fans.

CHICAGO

Pros: They have one of the best and most talented PG's in the game in Derrick Rose. Noah is very versatile, he works hard, he's tough inside, he can pass well, and he keeps improving. Luol Deng has always been a very solid small forward. Taj Gibson was also a steal in the draft last year. They just cleared up more cap space to possibly get 2 big time free agents. Lastly, they also hired Thibodeu, the mastermind behind Boston's defense.

Cons: Not many, but one thing that could matter is LBJ being overshadowed by MJ's legacy. Even if he did great things in a Bulls uniform could if ever compare to the man who many say is the greatest player of all time?

NEW YORK

Pros: Its New York! A big market that attracts big time stars. They can also get a second big time free agent.

Cons: As far as the team goes though, there isn't much there. David Lee is also a free agent now too so the little talent they had there might go away. Mike Dantoni is not that great of a coach in my opion either.

NEW JERSEY

Pros: Jay Z is the owner. They have great young talent in Devin Harris, Brooke Lopez, Yi Janlian, Terence Williams, and Favors. Even though he melted down in the 2006 Finals, Avery Johnson is a very good coach as well.

Cons: I can't think of many. It would be a good young team to go to. The only thing I can think of is that NJ lost so many games last year. In 2008 Boston showed that isn't a problem though because they won a championship after winning less than 20 games the year before.

MIAMI

Pros: South Beach. He'd probably team with D Wade. Not too shabby

Cons: I think Miami is just a slightly better version of New York. Yeah it has the glamor and the ability to bring in free agents, but there isn't a good load of role players there though.

LOS ANGELES

Pros: Loads of young talent. Griffin, Aminu, Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman. They also have one of the most talented PG's in the NBA in Baron Davis.

Cons: The organization. They just don't win, they're the Clippers.

Here is how I see it right now:

1) New Jersey
    2) Chicago
    3) Cleveland
    4) New York
    5) Miami
    6) L.A.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

NY or NJ. I'd guess NY though because of a bigger spotlight.

He wants to be the man and get endorsement money. I think he's interested in winning, but still thinks that he can make it happen over time in any city.
  3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I think it's between Chicago and Cleveland. Would be fun to see him team up with another superstar or two.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Fun for who? :pound:
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

NY is the palce where he finally feels as he wants to be - a demigod.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

He should go...TO HELL!

(which is the same as New York...so I think the bastard is going to the right place)!
  7. Mogilny

Stern obv. :nerd2:
  8. Mogilny

Btw, why include Detroit in the others category. I wouldn't be surprised if James and Bosh took a paycut to play with the next Malone, the next Dirk, the next Wade and the next Webber.
  9. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

It's between Cavs and Bulls I think. I can't see him being the 2nd guy in Miami, the Nets is not an option until they move to Brooklyn, Sterling's Clippers are a clear no and NY, while a big market, does not make sense basketball wise, he won't be able to return to Akron if he leaves Cleveland for the Knicks.
    So he either stays and continue to be the King of Cleveland and hope to get at least a ring or go to Chicago, get max money if they do a sign and trade with Deng and play with Rose,Noah and Bosh, winning a bunch of rings. The argument that he will be playing in MJ's shadow is an overreaction. Nobody will put the pressure of "win 6 times, or you are a failure" on him.
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Honestly though, besides it being his hometown and them being able to give him more money, is there a reason (as far as basketball and winning goes) that LeBron would want to go back to Cleveland?

I don't really see any.
  11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I voted "Other" because "Hell" was not an option.
  12. Stereodave

Stereodave First Round Draft Pick

I think we will learn something about him with this choice.

If he is all about winning it's Chicago.
    If he's about loyalty to his fans and hometown it's Cleveland.
    If he is all about the money it's New Jersey (or New York).
    If he's about being a celebrity and superstar it's LA.
    If he just wants to party and have fun it's Miami.

He has to in some sense reveal his priorities.
    I voted New Jersey.
  13. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm going to be a little contrarian here, and open myself up to criticism when the season's over. If James goes to Cleveland that will turn out to be a lousy fit for him, because Rose is NOT the type of PG who will fit with James. James needs the ball in his hands as much as Rose needs it in his - tons. Neither of these guys are great outside shooters. Both of them are penetrators who need shooters camped out (Steve Kerr style) to receive kick outs and who kill you with stationary 3 pt shots. Also, Noah doesn't come close to commanding a double team, and he's not a shooter even a little bit. Chicago's personnel just isn't going to optimize James.

Bosh and James together, however, does make sense - whereever James goes.

Don't get me wrong. If I'm a Chicago fan, I'm totally geeked about getting LeBron. It's just that it's not a great match based on existing personnel.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I'm with you. At the beginning of the season I said Kobe would win another title and that LeBron would lose again. I reiterated my belief even after the Jamison trade.

A lot of people I know said I was stupid, but then when Cleveland crumbled, they claimed that they knew LA was gonna win all along.

I don't care if he's older and more worn down. LBJ, if he makes it to the Finals, will lose to the Lakers if they make it back to the championship round.
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think New York really shows he wants money and fame, but New Jersey has a solid young nucleus and a damn good coach now. You're right though. This will show a lot about him.
  16. max

max All-Star

That sounds about right. New York is always a favorite destination but in the end they never get their guy.

I say Chicago.
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think he is on his way to Chicago but Brap has a point about the fit with Rose. Rose does have a tendency at times to defer and disappear and that could really be an issue.
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Well doesn't everyone have their problems? Gasol was considered soft and a person that LA could count on when push came to shove. Some of the reasons included him being European or the fact that he never one a single playoff game before going to the Lakers.

Bottom line is the Bulls have talent. Even though D Rose has his problems with his jumpshot he almost lead the Bulls to an upset win against Boston in 09, where he tied Kareem's record for most points in a players first playoff game. In 2010, although Cleveland won in 5 games, Game 5 was only decided by 5 points. Who knows what would have happened if Chicago came back home for Game 6 after gaining momentum in Game 5?

Sorry I'm a little biased because I'm a huge D-Rose fan. I think the guy has done well his first 2 years though. You can find a problem with the supporting cast of any superstar's team. Bottom line is as a team you have to come together to plug up those weaknesses.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

20. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Charlie "Charlie Says" Villanueva shares his insight on where he believes King "Crab", LeBron James will NOT end up.