SOCCER - the other football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by coynejeremy, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You are a good person.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I like the vuvu horns.
    better than crowd noise.
    -
    Crown and Anchor was packed, then one of their TVs broke. Mass exodus.
  3. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

italy tied with Uruguay,bad news for españa,italy normally begins bad but in second phase is very stronger and competitive.
    Holland and Germany are very good teams like england,this year we have a very competitive world cup.
    i hope spain,holland or brazil(all three teams play ofensive game like barça) advance to final phase. Argentina and germany, like all world cup editions, will be in the figth.

I´m another FC barcelona Fan(aficionado culé,visca barça¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ y viva la selección española¡¡¡¡¡) :gun1:.
    Didier drogba injury it´s a pity for ivory coast team,they have a very good team but to lose his better player cut his victory options.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Portugal sucked today. Ronaldo spent more time diving and flopping than actually playing ball. He even got a yellow card for it. The commentators were making fun of him the whole game. Imagine if Kobe flopped like sideshow Bob at every posession.

Brazil up 2-1 against N.Korea. Watch the replays on this one. All three goals were spectacular.
  5. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

6. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Ban it ? why ? That thing sounded like greenhead flies, LOL.
    Cameroon didn't respect their rival at first then tried to tight upthe slack too late. Gonna credit Honda for his field sense to run around his man to get wide open for the goal.
  7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like the vuvuzelas. I think they're cool. If I was sitting in the stadium I might think differently. But I think they enhance the atmosphere.
  8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

9. Walter

Boneheaded play costs Nigeria the second round. 31 minutes into the game, Nigeria up 1-0 against Greece and the young Nigerian forward all of a sudden with little to no provocation goes and deliberately kicks a Greek player after the ball is out of bounds. Gets a red card. Despite the heroics of their goalkeeper, the Nigerians couldn't stand 70 minutes of pressure from Greece and they lose the game 2-1 and get eliminated from the WorldCup. What a dud.

Kudos to Greece for taking advantage of the situation. Not only was this their first World Cup victory but it was also the very first time they scored in a World Cup. Good for them. They still have a tough road ahead as they face Argentina in their final game whereas the feisty Koreans will be playing the morally depleted Nigerians. Probably South Korea will end up advancing along with Argentina despite today's horrible loss.

Next up Mexico vs. France. Mexico played very well in the opening game and but couldn't pull a victory. France played terrible and at times they looked disinterested. Mexicans are playing good ball with great passion. So, GO MEXICO!
  10. Mogilny

I don't think Nigeria is eliminated. If they beat S.Korea and Argentine beats Greece they will end up with 3p together with S.Korea and Greece and goal difference will settle it.
  11. coynejeremy

I forgot to mention Switzerland over Spain yesterday. LOVED THAT SCRAPPY GOAL!!!! That was like a multi-car pileup on the Autobahn. Go see it for yourself. One of Spain's players had a gash on his head from someone's cleats afterwards. I'd love to see the Pistons show some of that tenacity this season.

FIFA.com - ESP:SUI - Gelson FERNANDES

Switzerland executed a great defensive gameplan and Spain ran around the whole game like chickens with their heads cut off.
  12. coynejeremy

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    127 decibels, please
    great post
    :MusicBigGrin::MusicBigGrin::MusicBigGrin::MusicBigGrin::MusicBigGrin:
    -
    My money is on Argentina.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Greek player should get 2 minutes for diving:

Kaita's red card could be this World Cup's worst - Dirty Tackle - World Soccer Blog - Yahoo! Sports
  15. coynejeremy

16. Walter

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

USA 2 -Slovenia 2.

US went down 0-2 in the first half. They came out firing on all cylinders in the second and got an early goal to make it 1-2. They kept on pressing and at the 80th minute Bradley put in another forward. His son scored the equalizer with a fantastic shot. A few minutes later we scored the winning goal on a set piece off a free-kick and :gun1:the ref didn't give the goal! Nobody was sure what the call was. It certainly wasn't off-side and I watched the replays several times and couldn't see a foul except the one committed on Bradley. Both commentators said the goal should've counted or at least US should've been awarded a penalty kick for the foul on Bradley. The damn ref ate 2 points along with that goal!:yellowprison:

What a game though!
  17. Mogilny

Incredible. I can't believe a ref like this makes this kind of mistakes. For gods sake, he's from the Mecca of soccer - Mali. Good thing they only used 10/32 UEFA refs. Those guys haven't refed many big games like this or are full time pros.
  18. coynejeremy

1) We never should have let ourselves get in that dire situation (down 0-2 going into halftime)

2) Wow, did the ref ever choke on that one. Absurd.

Here's Video Of The U.S. Getting Jobbed By A Ref
  19. Darth Tater

Once again Serbia screwed us!!!:sssh:
  20. Darth Tater

Oh, never mind. I guess it was Slovenia. Duh.

But the England -Algeria tie at 0-0 guarantees that the U.S. moves on with a victory over Algeria. Actually, a tie may be enough!