1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Some Fantasy Questions

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Dirk Diggler, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Second Round Draft Pick

would you trade I verson for Shaq if you were stacked at the guard position but only had Sheed and Bogut at the center??

2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

As a fantasy player I really don't like Shaq. He increasingly plays less games during the season due to injuries. This year he is surrounded by alot more talent, so that means less shots...and you already know the deal as it pertains to freethrows.

I wouldn't do it. Depending on how deep your league is you might want to target a Brad Miller (people always seem to sleep on him) or Ilgauskaus coupled with another person (a solid 3-4 category stat player that doesn't quite boast all-star numbers but helps you in alot of areas).

People tend to love AI, which is not a bad deal if you aren't concerned with field goal pct. at all. So you should be able to get something of relatively good worth if you wheel and deal hard enough.

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I'm not only saying this because AI's my favorite player, but I would stick with Iverson because The Diesel is only sticking around for maybe 2 to 3 years, and Iverson is the toughest player along with Ben Wallace in the NBA.

4. Dirk Diggler

another offer I just got

the guy just made me an offer of Shaq and Antoine Walker for Iverson, I am really lacking of big people, what do you think?????

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think you should keep these in one thread. lol

6. Dirk Diggler

I meant to.......sorry
    I meant to, so​

7. jdmiser

jdmiser Second Round Draft Pick

Shaq Issues

I would keep shaq. The biggest issue with shaq is that he alone can lose you the FT% category, but, he can also grab you the FG% not to mention some dimes coming out of your center slot.

For more information on how some of the players stack up against each other, i compared a variety of players in all the pertinent categories in an article at the end of last year. See the below link.

http://www.dimemag.com/feature.asp?id=1659

8. Dirk Diggler

I would be getting Shaq and Antoine Walker for THe Answer, I wouldn't be giving up Shaq, thats my problem, if I had Shaq I would never give hime up, but to give up AI to get him....thats another story

9. MotownPride

What about Shaq's health? He can't help you if he doesn't play.

10. MotownPride

lmao. Walker's productivity this year is a question mark. I will tell you this though...if you get Walker and Shaq on your team say goodbye to Free throw percentage. Walker also jacks up alot of 3's unsuccessfully so I would be weary of his field goal pct. His lousy field goal pct (I think around 42%..AWFUL) will negate some of the help Shaq gives you in that area.

11. jdmiser

jdmiser Second Round Draft Pick

Shaq's Health

He played 73 games last year. Not bad. If you don't make the playoffs in your fantasy league, it doesn't matter whether or not he misses games during the last couple weeks of the season. Which brings us to the first rule of "Fantasy Club"

1. Make the Playoffs first, then worry about winning the playoffs.

By the way, I am going out of town tomorrow to visit my family in Detroit. I intend to use writing some articles for PF.com as an excuse to get out of otherwise offensive family obligations. Looking forward to sharing the next few rules of Fantasy Club with you.

12. MotownPride

Your absolutely right 73 games isn't that bad. I agree with your synopsis. I look forward to reading your article.

13. Dirk Diggler

one more possibility

well actually two, would you give up Iverson for either Dirk or Duncan?????? again especially since I am short of big men

also would you give up Manu and Antonio Daniels to get Brad Miller???????

14. MotownPride

Duncan Games Played -

2002 - 81
    2003 - 69
    2004 - 66

Notice a trend. In my experience there is nothing more frustrating than picking up a player and losing them throughout the season consistently. I have the same problems with players like Webber, B. Knight, and Baron Davis. They are amazing when they are in the game, but they kill you just as badly with their unreliablilty. I you are playing in a deep league this could be suicide.

From a fantasy value standpoint, I think Iverson for Duncan is a pretty even swap. Just realize that Duncan will more than likely give you a huge drop in free throw percentage. He's goes to the line often and misses. On the other hand, you can look forward to your field goal percentage taking a huge hike with the loss of Iverson and the acquistion of Timmy.

Antonio and Manu for Brad Miller? I would pull the trigger on that one immediately. Brad Miller is an awesome fantasy player for his position, Antonio has little value, and Ginobili is easliy replaced.

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dude, you seriously need to stop making new threads for each one of your transaction ideas. Please just carry on in the same one. I'm merging all of your threads now.

Zoso just beat me to it. You gotta watch out for Zoso. He's the fastest moderator in the West.

16. Dirk Diggler

would u?????

trade Nash to get Brad Miller and Boozer when you need big men and already have Iverson and Billups at point??

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Dirk

Yes I would make the trade.

Once again, please stop starting new threads for this stuff. Just put it under one of your old basketball fantasy threads. It will shoot to the top just like this one did and people will read it if they are interested. It will also let them know if it is a topic they are not interested in reading if you put it under the old thread because they will recognize the heading. You are just making extra work for the staff and it makes things messy. It's not really my place to tell you this stuff, but those guys work hard and don't need the extra work. I've mentioned this to you before and I know Micro has also. So please be considerate.

18. Dirk Diggler

excuse me!!!!! I don't really think there is a need for your attitude! since when does asking about trading Nash for Miller and Boozer have anything to do with trading Iverson for Shaq? IT DOESN"T, so why would I put that question in this thread, so I can get one response which came from you, because no one else now has a clue that I even asked this question.
    Man I'm taking up alot of room in this forum, there is a whopping ten threads, got to be really close to exceeding the bandwidth now.
    Why don't you get off your high-horse and quit doing the moderators work, and if the moderators want to do something about it-then let them, but to make me feel like some kind of inconsiderate a-hole because I started a new thread because I didn't think my question fit in a topic that was over a week old, I'm sorry, I guess I should be banned.

exc​

19. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

its about that time

what time is it

ROSCOE TIME

20. MotownPride

Actually Darth Tater is correct. I think you are missing the point, my friend. You actually were asked previously to keep all of your transaction ideas in one thread since you obviously have alot of questions. I've enjoyed giving you feedback but it would probably be alot better from an admin standpoint if you kept these consolidated. If everyone created a Dirk for Miller type thread every time they had an idea it could get pretty messy.