Some Fantasy Questions

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Dirk Diggler, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I really cannot take responsibility for how you choose to feel. However, I will tell you that I meant no offense and was merely pointing out something to you that had been politely asked of you more than once prior to my post. You apologized and then did it again. Please don't take it personally.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@Dirk D - If you can add to your existing thread, everyone who replied before will likely reply again and the thread will go "hot" drawing even more interest. Don't worry too much about the actual trade details and please don't take any comments too personally. We are all friends here.

@everyone else - please use the report post icon [​IMG] to let a moderator know about an issue or take it to PM with the member.

I truly appreciate that everyone is looking out for the forum, it is a tremendous help but please try to keep issues off of the board whenever possible. Less chance anyone will take offense or that the thread will get hijacked with arguments.
  3. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Second Round Draft Pick

cool, and I am sorry if I'm coming off like a whiner, I'm just in a bad mood. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I had to put my cat down yesterday after it being really sick, I've had it for as long as I could remember, so again sorry for being edgy, I wasn't even thinking about the whole "merging threads" concept. Is there a way you could change the topic of the thread to "Possible fantasy trades", that way it doesn't seem like its just about Iverson for Shaq
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dirk

Could you please hit up a moderator by Private Message to do that name change? Some of them need practice as Zoso and basketbills are the only really active ones.

I'd do it but it's slow going today and I'm falling farther behind.

Sorry to hear about your cat. Hope things are cool in Chatham.
  5. Dirk Diggler

an apology

I'm offering an apology to all of those who I may have taken digs at this morning, that is usually uncharacteristic of me. I rarely get offended, but for some reason this time I did even though what they are trying to tell me is right, I just didn't appreciate the way I was being told. However I think it is childish to let arguements continue on. I've had a rough last couple of days and was a little edgy, so again I am sorry for any outbursts.
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

all is well. sorry about your pet. thank God you have the Pistons upcoming season to get your mind off things. keep ya head up. :)
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

No harm no foul :)
  8. Dirk Diggler

an equal trade for Rip

I am trying to get rid of one of my Pistons and I feel that Rip is the most expendable, however I am having a hard time finding someone of equal value, I am looking at getting a guard back whether it be a SG or PG, do you have anyone you could think of who would be a fair trade
  9. MotownPride

The question would be what type of guard are you looking for? One who is a defensive powerhouse or offensively gifted. What categories are you trying to build on? Is this Yahoo?

Outside of that, Rip's production this year is officially going to be a question mark as he seems to be the odd man out offensively. My thought is that if you are going to trade Rip, you need to do it quickly before anyone else in your league catches on.
  10. Dirk Diggler

I'm looking for someone who can help me with assists and three's, yeah it is Yahoo
  11. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

q rich for tay

I have been trying to trade for Tay. I used Parker as bait and got denied tried Parker and Fisher for Tay and got denied was thinking I should try to maybe use Q-Rich as the last measure to try and pry him away. The only reason I would do this is just because he will be under Brown who might not just let him fire the 3 up as much. I was to lazy to do the research on how many 3s Brown let Miller jack up back in the day so you can yell at me for being stupid but really its just laziness, that and I need to go to bed before work.

I know it sounds silly but Tay is a good fantasy player. He gets anywhere between 14 and 20 points 4-8 rebounds a few asssists and a couple blocks a night plus he can knock down his free throws and a few 3s so he is well rounded.

Should I just back off and let the guy keep Tay or should I try Parker and Q-Rich to get him??? Overkill or what???
  12. MotownPride

hmm...

then, I would probably suggest going after a Damon Stoudamire or Kirk Hinrich type player if field goal pct. is not a concern for your ballclub. Hinrich would be my preferred choice. Luke Ridnour packaged with another player may be an option as well. I expect Ridnour to be a sleeper pick this year.
  13. Dirk Diggler

to answer your question, I personally think that is too much to give up, but it also depends, who else do you have at Parkers and Q's position, if you can afford to lose them and need a SF then maybe you might have to overspend

on to my question, I want to pick up a free agent C/F, I'm thinking Alonzo Mourning(because of his blocks and boards) I know he doesn't get big minutes, but is he worth giving up either Antonio Daniels or Josh Childress? or would a Nene be a better pick up?
  14. MotownPride

Fantasy Questions

Created a long post but it got lost because it took me too long to write. The summary is that I agree with Dirk. Just be aware what you are losing. Parker was 13th in the league in total assists last year. He has shown tremendous improvement year by year raising his PPG and FG pct.

Q will be about half the player he was fantasy stat wise in Phoenix. Under Brown's system, the days of 200+ 3 pointers are over. Look for him to achieve half of the mark this year.

Too much, but hey if you can afford..go for it! Tay is set for a breakout season!

No, to Alonzo Mourning. He is just not reliable as a fantasy pick up. His health will be an issue for him for the rest of his NBA career. Be prepared to go alot of battle without Zo this season if you take it. Zo or Nene? That is an easy one for me. Nene all the way. He will get alot more minutes this year since he claims that he is healed from his injury and amped to put up his best year ever.

Would I give up Antonio Daniels for Nene? Definitely
    Josh Childress for Nene? Close, but probably not. I like Josh's upside and I think that ultimately he will have a slightly better well rounded season than Nene. I give Josh a slight advantage.
  15. MotownPride

Jeesh, I have alot of typos and grammatical errors in that last post. It's almost incoherent. I apologize for that. I was on my way to a meeting and decided to type something up in less than 3 minutes. You are looking at the results. :)

I hope you found my incite helpful nonetheless.
  16. MotownPride

Change my Nene thought to a hell no! Looks like Nene is still having problems with his injuries. Not worth the risk unless the league is really deep.
  17. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

What does everyone think of Tyson Chandler (me) for Carmelo Anthony?

I'm not a fan of Carmelo but he is their number one scoring option. Chandler is going to benefit without Curry there though...this is a hard one.

I'm thinking of doing a counter-offer and getting Michael Redd instead? What about Chandler for Redd?
  18. MotownPride

Out of the three players, Redd is definitely the best option. If you can get him I would jump all over that deal.

Chandler for Anthony is a little bit more challenging.

If your goal is to put alot of points on the board without any regard to poor field goal shooting and horrendous turnovers, Anthony is a good fit for you. You will also see the benefit of decent assists. In general, I have never been to impressed with Melo's fantasy value though.

On the other hand, Chandler is very serviceable at the center position should he get eligibility (which is likely). The name of the game with Chandler is field goal pct, blocks and rebounds. If this happens (center eligibility), with the absence of Amare Stoudamire due to injury, you have a top 10 center on your hands. It is also important to mention that Chandler was injury prone his first season and is coming to this years training camp overweight and out of shape...which in my opinion is the recipe for a potential injury.

So to summarize:
    • Redd, if you can get him
    • Melo, if your goal is to get another potent scorer and fg pct. and turnovers are not an issue
    • Chandler if you are light at the center spot or need leverage for a potential trade in the future (centers and point guards traditionally hold the highest trade value)
  19. Dirk Diggler

I was just able to get Tyson Chandler for Rip.....any comments? do you think that was a good move or a bad move, personally I needed some help with boards and blocks, but I did lose a little in scoring so we'll see
  20. Dirk Diggler

also, I'm wanting anothe back up PG, I already have Billups and Iverson, but I have A.Daniels on the bench, I'm not very fond of him. With people like Jameer Nelson, Ridnour, Boykins in free agency in my league, should I try to pick up one of them? are there any other sleepers you can think of? or should I just stay with Daniels...thanks for your help