1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Some Good things

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Nov 27, 2006.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

That would be ideal, but that type of thing normally happens if one of the players matches up better than the other in certain situations. I don't know if that really applies for Maxiel and Dice.

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

dyess: turn around jumpers and savy play. Maxiell: bull into the lane and toss it up. i wouldn't say that there is a matchup but maybe an attitude that could be helpful somewhere.

3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

True..if only for the reason of drawing fouls you think this tactic might make sense to deploy.

4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I remember Dyess was the only zone player on our squad who showed Wade he can't penetrate as he wants by showing him his elbows from time to time.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

McDyess' elbows are a GOOD THING!

6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Dice's rebounding has picked up nicely of late, and he's looking more comfortable on his jumpers. It took him a while to get going last year as well. I read an article the other day about how his slow starts are due in part to the fact that he doesn't play at all in the off-season, because of all his knee problems over the years. I hadn't realized that before I saw the article, but it does shed some light on his early-season struggles in recent years.

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm sure what you really meant to say is:

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

The one thing I hate though is how Maxiell doesn't get pt. No joke he outperformed all the Pistons when he has had his chance. Preseason or not he's earned some playing time.

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

No. I said it right. You grossly misinterpeted my statement. It`s like a Carlos Delfino interview or something.............

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

himat. Good things thread. Like Thanksgiving.

Example:
    Dave Cowens is helping Nazr, JMax and Dale sharpen their elbows into deadly weapons. That is a good thing.

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Who was that guy who played a while for the Bullets? Seven footer or so, big mop of blond hair, went on to to run for Congress... Man did he used to lay people out with his elbows. Running down the court all you could see were elbows and knees.

MacMillan?

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

You must be refering to Jeff Ruland... when he was paired up with Mahorn they were called McFilthy & McNasty (also the bruise brothers)

13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Mahorn got along great with whoever he played with...he had 'Thump & Bump' with Barkley. Kinda sad that there wasn't a clever moniker for Rickey & Bill...the only 'sour note' I can think of about that season :)

14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I don't know anything about the playing style of Tom McMillen, but that's probably who dba was thinking of.

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep, Tom McMillen - en not an. Big lanky guy. Used to wear both elbow and knee pads. Probably couldn't play in Chicago.

You couldn't see Ruland's elbows for his gut.

...for you youngsters from Wikipedia...

Prior to entering politics, McMillen was a star basketball player on all levels. In 1970, he was the number one high-school basketball player in the U.S. coming out of Mansfield, Pennsylvania, and was the biggest recruiting catch early in Coach Lefty Driesell's career at the University of Maryland, beating out rival Coach Dean Smith of the University of North Carolina for McMillen's services. McMillen was also a member of the 1972 U.S. Olympic Basketball Team that lost the epic and controversial gold medal game to the Soviet Union. Some accounts of the team's meeting following the loss name McMillan as the only member of the team willing to accept the silver medal at the medal presentation ceremony. Ultimately, the team voted unanimously to refuse to accept the silver medal and when approached by the International Olympic Committee 30 years later, the result was the same - keep the medals. They still lay in a vault in Lausanne, Switzerland.

After graduating from Maryland in 1974, McMillen was drafted by the Buffalo Braves. During his NBA career, he would play for the Braves, New York Knicks, Atlanta Hawks, and Washington Bullets before retiring in 1986 to pursue his political career.

He was elected to the U.S. Congress as a Democrat to represent Maryland's 4th disrict, and served from 1987-1993 as that district's representative. He was forced to run for Maryland's 1st congressional district in 1992, following changes in Maryland's apportionment map after the 1990 U.S. Census. Facing a strong challenge by then one-term Republican Congressman Wayne Gilchrest, the disadvantage of an unfamiliar rural district on the Eastern Shore of Maryland away from his suburban Washington, D.C. base and by revelations that one-third of his political action committee contributions were made by banking interests, McMillen lost the election to represent the 1st congressional district and left Congress.

After the September 11 attacks McMillen acquired many small business interests related to homeland security and consolidated them under a distressed video on demand engineering firm called Celerity Systems, which he renamed Homeland Security Capital Corp.

16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

what happened at that controversial game the article mentiones? 1974... cold war... USA against UDSSR... sounds quite interesting, even though I know that the US team consisted of weak players back then.

17. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Beating Miami, no matter how, even though it wasn't pretty IS A REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD THING!