Sour Notes: Volume 1 Track 3

Discussion in 'Pistons and Basketball Articles' started by Pwn Toney, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

The Low's
    Sour Notes Volume 1 Track 3

Karma's Kickin Ass and Takin Names….

Well, well, well…let’s just say my sour note has to do with life itself this time around. This has been, without a doubt, one of the worst starts to a year in The Low’s franchise history.

Let’s see, after having my vehicle (which I was very happy with) totaled by some woman who decided it wasn’t important enough to pay attention at 45 mph, I managed to have the rug yanked out from under me on my birthday with a day that started with a massive headache and a phone call telling me that I would not be getting the job that would have upped me about 15K per year. Then to top it off, after having purchased an external drive to provide additional storage for my music projects, it promptly corrupted and cost me every piece of music I have created in the last 3 years.

Now, I’m not exactly sure what karmic crime I committed to force this string of wonderful luck upon myself, but C’MON GUYS cut me some slack!

Maybe my perfectionist ways coupled with my desire to see the Pistons never waver from their strangling style of defense has built enough negative energy (i.e. bad mojo) for me to have to suffer through the first portion of this year with no relief. The only thing that hasn’t happened is my dog hasn’t been injured and my girlfriend didn’t pack up and leave (knock on wood).

So, not only did the large black rain cloud setup permanent residence over my scalp…The Pistons were half-ass-ing their way to loses against the Knicks, Wizards, & Lakers, not to mention, struggling with the likes of the Bobcats, Sonics, and Bulls. Of course I got all the flack because the team “is gonna lose some games” as it was put to me by so many of the faithful.

OK gents…you all win…my negative dice have come up snake eyes and I’m personally taking it in the (beep). I guess this is life’s little way of taking the “apple juice” and vinegar out of The Low for the stretch run of the regular season. I have been beaten into submission.

I no longer have the energy to toss random items at my television and scream at Chauncey or Sheed for failing to get the ball in the paint and stop shooting 3’s. I no longer have the fire to flail my arm because Flip continues to play Mo over Delfino when a guy is torching us or for not calling a time out or doing ANYTHING while we’re busy giving up a 15 pt lead for the 40 time. I can no longer justify a need for a sippy cup after having turned over my beer because we let another PG stroll all the way to the basket for a free layup….(what ever happened to “No Free Chili?”). Hell, I can no longer turn over my beer….

I can now only slouch on my couch and hope for the best. Hope they don’t fade late in the season and hope they get back to the NBA Finals. I can only watch now…..

…and hope I don’t get any more bad news this year…

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Low, I can feel this karmic badness. I had a similar set of mishaps 2 years ago. But we won a title.

Look at it this way. Maybe you are paying the karmic debts of not just yourself, but the Pistons as well. Sort of like a blackhole for bad luck and misfortune.

I guess that doesn't make your situation better, but it might help us win a title again. Maybe... :ohwell:

3. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I feel your pain, it's been hard enjoying this season when all you see is Sean Kemp's Seattle winning 60+ and going down.

As great as we've been playing, we have so many self inflicted flaws by Flip, that makes me think, we can get away with this crap now, but come the playoffs. No dice. Miami sucks, but can we really go with Hunter, Dice, and Evans as our backup Backcourt against the Nets, San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, even Milwaukee?

Don't like it. We gonna play Tay 45 min a game in the playoffs? Don't like it. What happens in the playoffs, when everyone plays D, and the open j's arent there? We're last in the league in the paint scoring. Don't like it.

And Hunter, great D, but still the all time worst shooter(playoffs) in the history of the NBA. We shouldn't be worried after a season like this. When the Bad Boys were in the playoffs, I just assumed they were going to win, not now with Flip coaching this bunch.

4. max

max All-Star

I am sure thats been at the back of everyones mind. I think they won around 65 games that season. The reason why we think about Seattle is how rare upsets like that happen.

Realistically though that Seattle core did not win a championship two years prior and were in a much tougher division.

5. Pwn Toney

True, but the Seattle upset was huge. They got beat by the 8th seed. Indy two years ago wasn't upset that badly, but they lost to us. Same thing with the Suns, they couldn't shoot their way past SA.

I don't necessarily think we would lose to the Bulls or anything, but the further we go, the more likely an upset becomes.

6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

"The person whose mind is always free from attachment, who has subdued the mind and senses, and who is free from desires, attains the supreme perfection of freedom from karma through renunciation."
    Bhagavad Gita

Or to put it another way...

"Open up your funky mind. Free your mind and your ass will follow."
    Funkadelic

Of course, there were drugs involved.

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Damn, I haven't heard any Funkadelic in a long time.
    Come on Low, you better than to put all your music in one drive.
    Did you get your money back?

8. max

max All-Star

I think the main thing that would kill us is an injury.

9. Pwn Toney

Well, the problem was, I was moving the stuff of my system drives because the amount of data was just too much. Not to mention, I had been having mad system issues and didn't want to gamble with my entire system dying on me. Guess that's what I get for trying to be proactive.

I didn't get my money back, but they did ship me a replacement drive. Then they had the testicular fortitude to suggest that I should pay them for attempted data recovery on THEIR defective drive. I called BS on that one and to date have simply cut my losses, learned my lesson, and salvaged what audio files I could.

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Could they have recovered the data?

11. Pwn Toney

There's no guarantee. I just would have been tossing good money after bad for the "chance" they might recover something.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sounds like a lot of work down the tubes. I hate when that happens.

13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

you probably could have gotten almost all of the data back just from downloading a program from the internet to recover data.

14. Pwn Toney

I tried that, best part is, it took about 45 min to scan the drive each time one of those programs foze in the process and during one of the scans Windows crashed and rebooted when I wasn't looking, ran a self initiated checkdisk, and overwrote all of the system generated file names that linked each audio file to its corresponding song file.....AND overwrote the song file names as well. So, at that point it was virtually impossible to reconnect the audio files to the their working parent files (the ones that weren't corrupted in the first place).

15. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

DAMN.... Yo bro, I feel your pain dogg... As a true blue fellow Pistons fan hustling trying to make in the world like the rest of us I wish you nothing but the best. Keep your head up bro, trust me you are missing much of anything by not living here in the metro Detroit area either. My man Proof who was a TRUE ambassodor for Detroit Hip Hop died due to senseless violence and this city still isn't content with the violence and ignorance yet.... The music scene here is still struggling mightily. Thank God for our Mighty Pistons!

By the way screw 16 for wishing all that bad pessimistic bullsh!t upon our squad like that! Childish clown just can't stop pouting cause his pets are gone, not mature enough to continue to root on the Detroiter like a real fan would... Nothing more that a groupie.

16. Pwn Toney

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Enjoy the mayhem that is about to ensue in the 2006 NBA Playoffs!!!