Sour Notes: Volume 1 Track 4

Discussion in 'Pistons and Basketball Articles' started by Pwn Toney, May 2, 2006.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

The Low's
    Sour Notes Volume 1 Track 4

…The most wonderful time of the year….

Say kiddies…what’s shakin? What’s that? Your pom poms you say? It’s playoff time????

Well Hell Yeah Boys! Buy the beer, order the pizza, and get your favorite projectile out of the closet to toss at your set 'cause NBA Playoff basketball has arrived!

Needless to say we are all glued to our TV sets every other day or as David Stern would have it, every fourth day between home games and more interesting playoff series that don’t include the Detroit Pistons.

Speaking of more interesting, why don’t we highlight a few of my favorite moments of this year’s playoffs so far.

1) … which is exactly how many playoff games it took Lebron James to be crowned the greatest thing since cotton briefs. Yes, it’s all fun and games when King Jim goes off for 30+ against the Wizards of Columbia but, come on, is it really worth an entire weekend of ESPN broadcasts devoted to the supple nature of Lebron’s calf muscles?

[floatl]http://www.pistonsforum.com/images/picdump/sournotes/crown.jpg[/floatl]This has got to be the biggest love fest since MJ tossed on the 45 and became the kid at the piñata party.

Give it a rest gentlemen, Howard Cosell is rolling over in his grave. At the very least, he waited until Ali WAS the greatest of all-time before latching on to his Fruit O’ The Loom tag.

2) … which is exactly how many of Chris Kaman’s nuts Reggie Evans insisted on taking back to his house in Denver after the game. I really can’t say much more than that…..Dude, you handle-barred another man’s sack in regulation.
    [​IMG]

3) Appears to be the number of Bucks that will continue to get open looks during this Detroit series. My goodness, if TJ Ford, Mo Williams, and Joe Smith get any more OPEN looks, they can advertise “OPEN 24 HRS”.

[floatr]http://www.pistonsforum.com/images/picdump/sournotes/open.jpg[/floatr]Am I the only one that doesn’t think we should be fighting for games against the worst team in the playoffs? You DON’T get blown out by 20+ to a sub .500 team in the playoffs. Guys should not be coming off screens so open that your mom has to scream, “Shut the door!”

I am forced to also suggest that when you have a reasonable 6’6” defender sitting on your bench that you should NOT put in a 6’1” pg to handle the other teams deadeye shooter who stands a lovely 6’4”, but I guess in the twilight zone, setting their best scorer up for 56 free throws is simply part of the game plan.

4) On a lighter side, and by lighter I mean shade of skin, how the hell can a guy who costs his team their playoff lives by choking in the clutch be MVP?

[floatr]http://www.pistonsforum.com/images/picdump/sournotes/nash.jpg[/floatr]I’ve said it all year long, I don’t care what the casual fan wants to see more of, you cannot score your way to the NBA title and the PHX Suns are doing just enough to keep proving me right.

How do you lose to the 7th seed in the first round when you have home court advantage and the “MVP”? That MVP vote looks like the biggest case of oops since, “Stay at home on Horry”!

5) … is about how many hundreds of playoff games Memphis will have to play before they win one. If you can’t win at the “Fed Ex Forum” with the “Castaway” (and those of you who saw that movie know the reference I’m making) ….you will NEVER win.

[​IMG]

[floatr]http://www.pistonsforum.com/images/picdump/sournotes/dunleavy.jpg[/floatr] 6) Great, the Clippers made it out of the first round.

Now we can look forward to more “Hack-a-(Insert poor FT shooters name here)” whenever Dunleavy figures he’s outmatched.

Man oh man, this playoff run has been a cavalcade of joy and wonderment and it’s only the first round. I wonder what else Bilbo Stern and his band of Technical/Flagrant foul dispensing minions have planned for us the rest of the way.

Perhaps Stu Jackson will go back, review the tape, and suspend Rasheed Wallace for a tech. he got at the end of the 04-05 season. Possibly we’ll be lucky enough to watch teams refereed out of games in order to avert sweeps……oh wait, what am I saying? That would be ludicrous and out of the question. I better just sit back and enjoy the [strike]orchestrated[/strike], I mean, unscripted excitement of the NBA playoffs……

….That is, until my favorite team is “gone fishin”.

[​IMG]

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

- I Love This Game!

3. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Speaking of 6'6" reasonable defenders sitting on the bench while small ball is in session. I'd love to hear a rational (no HOF members or haters) conversation on what exactly is going on with the backups in the front court.

Hunter and Delk have proven themselves. But, they are being put into mismatches, along with Rip because of Flip's absolute reluctance to play Delfino. So, this coming series I am predicting some serious 45+ minutes a game for Rip and Tay, cause we don't have a backup 3, that Flip will play, that can play without getting embarrassed against Cleveland.

Mo was perfect against Washington, he didn't have to cover anyone, but Cleveland aint Washington, and garbage time superstars, will have to be real time superstars.

---"Reality has a well known liberal biased"--Stephen Colbert

4. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Great piece, Low. Very enjoyable, and quite funny! Well done, bud. :thumb:

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

Great article, Low. Thanks man. I liked the castaway reference. Maybe Gasol needs to spend a couple of years on an island with his new buddy Spaulding. You know, just to get really, really focused.

6. Pwn Toney

Thanks gents, I just hope I can give you guys something WORTH reading...

7. Pwn Toney

It will definitely be interesting to see since both our next opponents have slashers more than stand still shooters. Delfino has been better against those types in my opinion.