1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Sources: Wallace Asked Pistons For Buyout

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lpgrl26, Apr 27, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I didn't want to make this a main thread, but i couldn't really find anywhere else to put it, and i'm very bothered by it to say the least.

I don't know who this guy is and what his credibility is like. I also think the spec about CLE is BS. If this true IMO, he was going to the Spurs.

Anyway, grain of salt and all.

Bob Finnan's three points and rumor mill - The News-Herald Sports : Breaking news coverage for Northern Ohio

Much to do about nothing or . . . ?

Also it sounds like Dice is out as well; not a big surprise.

2. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Get the hell out here and don't hit your head or your ass on the way out of Detroit, Sheed.

I don't discredit this report and I base my opinion on the effort he's shown since early March. Such a tough talker, but such an absence of a blue collar demeanor.

Whatever happened to "knuckling up?" :gun1:

3. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Oh God no Sheed not the Cav's, I couldn't bear seeing that. Please let this not be true....Sheed and Sideshow Bob on the same team!!!! That's impossible to comprehend.

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

We disagree on the lack of effort. I mainly saw an injured player, but if that was the case that he had asked for a buyout, and i'm not sure what exactly the deadline is to join another team but this makes it seem like the next-season not this season thing, that means he's 100% gone . . .

So why did Pistons management and by extension Curry feel the need to play him so many freakin minutes over other players that will likely be here next year and need the time ?

It doesn't make sense. If they knew he wanted out . . .

I'm going to wait to see if a more reliable source comments on it, but what a effin train wreck this season has been.

5. The Palace Artest

^ Be happy it's over. That's all I can really tell you.

Me? More time to focus on school, the Tigers, my social life, my job, and actually ENJOYING some good basketball being played (Rockets, Bulls vs. Celtics, who even while injured, are playing with a sense of pride that I haven't seen from this team all year).

As for Sheed he has nothing left, character-wise, to offer to a team, unless he wants to become a ring-chaser. It'd be better for everyone if he just disappeared back to Philly and looked out after his family.

Thanks for the Championship parade, the first two games if the 2007 ECF, and the community work, which includes a library to a local high school, but now it's your time to get the hell out of here.

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What did you mean by this? Where did you read it?

7. max

max All-Star

Even got him the coach he wanted.

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Oh sorry; it was implied in a FreeP article today with a quote from Dice that didn't sound too promising.

9. The Palace Artest

Dice needs to get out of this toxic environment.

He has justification to ring-chase. He doesn't deserve this.

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks. Yea, I guess if Dyess is still looking for that elusive ring, then Detroit is not the place to be next season.

11. Bender

Bender First Round Draft Pick

I say thanks for all the good times, thanks for your blue collar attitude when you first arrived, and good luck with your next team! :movingon:

12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

New owner...same old Pistons....throw dirt at a guy who's on his way out.....

Nothing like "class" to draw distinction to your organization.

If you fans can't see the pattern, then it's beyond me. How many times does this have to happen to a player/coach/escape goat before you realize this is how they operate?

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Did Rasheed Wallace ask for a buyout to join the Cleveland Cavaliers? - Full-Court Press

More at the link

14. The Palace Artest

Oh dear... The "you just hate Sheed" card...

You didn't even have to watch the series to know that he was already defeated. You could just read the scoresheet.

There is no escapegoat. We have escapegoats, at least hopefully.

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, this isn't coming from the Detroit media, it's coming from the Cleveland media, so I'm not sure we can blame the Palace guys (for this at least).

All I know is, after the trade, the Griever and his two sidekicks never really got their act together for any significant stretch. I really think Joe needs to turn over this roster and find us some guys who talk less and play more. The way we were back in 2003 before everyone was concerned with contracts, allstar games, MVPs and "respect".

I thought there was something funny going on when Sheed was clubbing with AI and they were so close to shutting AI down. In a strange way, Joe might have actually done not a too terrible job of managing a mutiny (of his own making).

First mistake, fire LB.
    Second mistake, let Ben walk.
    Chickens come home to roost.

16. max

max All-Star

AI might have influenced Sheed. I just don't see either player getting a good gig next year.

17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Fine. Get the hell out Sheed... don't let the door hit you on the you-know-what on the way out.

lol

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think Joe screwed up in letting Ben walk once it got to bidding time.

The screw up was hiring Flip Saunders, who basically disrespected Ben by viewing him as an offensive liability. Once Ben hated the coach and felt like he wasn't being utilized correctly and thought the team was going soft, his price to stay went up a ton.

19. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Agree with Scoe that firing LB was a mistake, but that seems to have been Bill D's call, rather than Joe's. Remember, the interview of Bill D. posted here on 9/5/08 by Lpgrl26 in which Davidson said he wanted to get rid of Larry after half a season with him and "probably" would have fired him even if we had repeated as champs in 05.

As for Ben, he was already in decline after the conclusion of the 05-06 season, and that decline has continued. So Joe in my view made the right move in basically allowing the Pistons to be outbid for his services. I am glad we are not stuck with anything near what Chicago paid for Ben, as he clearly was not worth that contract. So I don't fault Joe for that decision. Indeed, it seems to me that he should have employed a similar logic as to Sheed, and traded him while he still had high value (in 06 or 07).

20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Maybe it's true, maybe not. But if Sheed wanted to go to Cleveland would he play like such a stiff against them?

At any rate, IMO, the sooner he is gone the better. Take Rip and Tay too. I'd rather see them just start over.