Sources: Wallace Asked Pistons For Buyout

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lpgrl26, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I said nothing about "you just hate Sheed." However, it's none too surprising how many of you refuse to hear anything positive about the guy, but the minute a negative comes up it's gospel truth. Why? Because it affirms what you already believe about a person, whether it's true or not.

So, feel free to hate Sheed all you want...it's no skin off my back. My comments were simply in regard to how this organization repeatedly casts the outgoing individual as a bad person who did everything in their power to deserve to be shown the door...whether it's true or not...well accept AI the one person who actually deserves to be shown the door.

2. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I think it was his dominant 6.5 pts/ 6.25 rbs. a game he hung on "Bron Bron" and the Cavs! No doubt.

3. Tha Locstah

Sorry but I think the fans are entitled to expect more outta Sheed than the effort he has put forth this series. At least his salery would warrant that (you would think).

4. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

It mainly looks like Cavs media (or a newspaper who just lost all of it's credentials) trying to spur up some stuff.

Until Sheed comes out and says something about wanting a buyout, I won't believe it.

Low, I really doubt the Pistons front office GAVE an OHIO newspaper this info, if it even occur.

5. max

max All-Star

Thats from their kick players on their way out the door division. It would not surprise me.

To me Sheed represented everything that was wrong with our team. I think he had a very strong personality and that did rub off on the rest of the team. Went from going to work to Sheed's world.

We never had issues of effort or taking nights off before he came here. That switch mentality was why we were a one and done team. Should have had at least one more title. Maybe I am being too critical but the attitude change in so many players to his way of doing things was striking.

6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

"sources say" about the buyout request, but "observers" say about the Cavs.
    Poppycock.

MAAN

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Really? Does this need a "revisionist history alert"? Okay.......

:mod:

8. Tha Locstah

Which lately hasn't involved much "goin' to work".

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Many here were fooled. When M Curry was announced as the replacement coach at the press conference, I remember Sheed was the Signifigant Piston to show for it. Many here thought that was reason enough to bring Sheed back. Some wanted him traded after last season.

10. Pwn Toney

Then, how do YOU think they got information about a buyout request from a player to the organization?

GM Cam?

11. Pwn Toney

Well, I only have his career avgs to go by and by that reckoning, he's been the same player he's always been, with the exception of the end of this season (and he was injured). Just because you want more out of a guy, doesn't mean that's what you should get.

He's had the same level of performance over his entire career...13 to 16ppg and 6 to 8rpg. If he came to DET and became an 8 and 4 player, fine...rail away. But, that hasn't been the case.

Besides, Sheed doesn't have control over his salary, the teams that sign him do. You want someone to blame? Blame them for paying him more than you think he's worth.

12. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I dunno, article has it like this:

I emailed the writer of the article to tell me who his "sources" were, as nothing from Detroit newspaper ever came out.

Simply fishy is all.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sheed was definitely hobbled in the playoffs and the end of the season. He played well this year (hit a decent % of 3-pointers, played good defense).

14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[SIGN]I brake for Sheed[/SIGN]

15. Pwn Toney

That's why it's immediately suspect. If it's true..there's only one way the word would have gotten out....the Pistons organization. The only people who would have know are Joe D, Sheed, and Sheed's agent. Well, it goes without saying that if Sheed's agent put that word out...he'd be fired before they finished spelling his name. If Sheed put that out there, he knows it would only make him more of the bad guy than he already was made out to be. So, that only leaves the Pistons' side of the table...which they have already shown a propencity for besmirtching outgoing players/coaches.

Otherwise, it's not true and someone either really needs a story or has a serious axe to grind if they would print something like that which is false and could lead to a lawsuit.

At least that's how I see it.

16. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Come on man we had to fire LB. LB basically fired himself. We should have gotten something for Ben through a sign and trade of some sort, but letting him go was a smart move. He declined heavily after that and wanted way to much money.

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Firing LB was a mistake. It ruined the last season, when we should have won the title. It was mostly directed by the Pistons' front office. If you're gunna fire someone, there are better ways to do it.

I said, "letting Ben walk" not "not re-signing Ben". If you go back to my posts from when Ben left, Joe could have got him MORE money, and enabled him to go to Chicago in a S&T. Instead, Joe let him walk for nothing, and all we got was cap relief.

We lost Corliss for cap relief. We traded Darko, for cap relief. We let Ben walk, for cap relief. We traded Chauncey, for cap relief. We will probably part with Dice, Sheed or both, for cap relief.

Since Joe had assembled the apex of talent with this team in the last half of the championship season, he has slowly consumed his players for cap relief, without finding new players to replace them with.

Which is why we are where we are today.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Cap free and talent short

19. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

In what cases were these done, and how far back has this practice gone? I am not challenging what you are saying; I am genuinely curious.

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Once again the Cleveland media dogs are stirring up trouble... first by trying to steal LB back in 2005 in the middle of our march toward a back-to-back, then they tried to make Joe and Mr. D look bad by talking to Laimbeer about coaching the Cavs, which would denied the Shock of their last two titles, and then when they couldn't take any players or coaches they settled on taking broadcaster Fred McLeod:MusicBigGrin: