Spartan Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 10, 2005.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, like the Madden curse.

Charlie Ward is a classic example. I think he might be the only Hesisman winner to not get drafted?????
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Wager

OK guys, almost time for the showdown in East Lansing.

Are any of you U of M fans willing to make a wager on the game with the Spartan fans (who are willing to participate)? Here's the deal:

We bet on Saturdays game. WHEN...err, I mean IF State wins then all U of M fans brave enough to participate must sport a Spartan avatar for a full 48 hours following the victory (Let's say until Monday 6:00 pm eastern time).

If the unthinkable happens and MU pulls it out, then I and any other State fans who participate will sport the MU logo for that time period.

OK, so anyone interested please sign up. Anyone too chicken to do so shouldn't be talking smack after the game.:hand:

Thank you to Micro for being kind enough to get us these avatars before the game. Out of respect for this forum and for each other let's keep the smack fun and lighthearted and not get personal. It got pretty ugly at the other place, but I know most of the people here are way above that kind of stuff.
  3. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

no triple ot thriller this year

I am a Wolverine fan all the way but as of the loss to ND I knew the season was a washout. Even though it was a non conference loss I could tell we were in trouble. The loss of Hart was huge. Teams had to respect the run but now they don’t. Henne also does not have the bail out receiver this year in #1 B.E. nobody has really stepped up for that role either. This does not by any standard count for an excuse but Henne is just a sophomore and by all rights he should be still holding a clipboard not in the huddle. Yes he had a great year last year but that was all Braylon baby. I think he is a great young QB but he just isn’t ready.

Without a playoff 1 loss teams are on the bubble a 2 loss team is done. This game is all about bragging rights this year so Spartys enjoy it next year is another story. UM will still pull in the recruits (unless we lose like 5 games) and UM will still be UM with its tradition of having great teams that have a shot at a crown every year. Carr will not lose his job (as if 1 bad year could do it) because he has had way to much success up until now. He would have to pull a Gary Moeller in order to get fired. All I can say is I hope they can keep it going (Yes I rooted for the Spartys in bball2) and get a chance to play for a big 1. Final score MSU 38 UM 24
  4. Darth Tater

awwww, c'mon Abe. Put em up. :boxing:

Michigan worries me. I very well may end up eating crow on this one. I want to agree with your score (38 - 24). I think that's what it should be, but something tells me Michigan is going to make it closer. I'll post my prediction tomorrow.

Well, I guess if nobody takes the bet I won't have to worry about wearing Blue for two days.
  5. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

tater salad

The fact that i am conceeding a loss should make you happy enough but if you want me to put my dukes up then I will say this Stanton goes down midway through the second after a vicious hit by woodley . happy ? But I still give the Spartys the win 38 to 24
  6. Darth Tater

Oh well...I don't get you guys. I honestly think it's going to be close and wouldn't be surprised to see Michigan pull it off. They are going to play with passion.

I gotta go with my alma mater and the Spartan offense, though.

Michigan State 34

U of M 27

Avatar deal is off since there were no takers.
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

my prediction

MSU 45 UM 13
  8. Darth Tater

Isn't the game on ABC? We've got the Texas game on out here.
  9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Darth

Texas v. Missouri is being shown in certain parts of the country. Looks like Idaho is getting that game for whatever reason. UM just marched 98 yards for a TD.
  10. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Darth

It's on ABC here in G.R. UofM just scored. 7-0 :)
  11. Darth Tater

They have some Mormon conference televised in Idaho. So we aren't getting the game. Figures.

Maybe that's good, lol. Down 14 - 7. Lots of time left, but obviously Sparties are not happy right now with the way Michigan's putting it to us.
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Let's go Brown! (Blue & Green)

Man I can't decide on this one... Usually root for the team with the best chance to go to the Rose Bowl.
    Mixed emitions... like watching your mother inlaw drive over the cliff in your brand new Corvette.
  13. ggazoo69

Gotta have Hart

Clearly, UM is a different team with/without Hart. The defenses are atrocious. Over 800 yards in offense run up. This is a painful game to watch for the "traditionalists."
  14. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Run, Samoan, Run!!

I did not get his name but that run on the fumble recovery by the 320 pount Samoan, was one of the best examples of a runner and his blockers working together. Man, he used his blockers perfectly and while he stayed right with them, kept watching his 'rear-view mirror' to make sure no one was catching up. And then he hurdled right into the end zone.

Great run, no matter who I was rooting for.
  15. Darth Tater

LMAO Merc

Congratulations to U of M!!!! You came into our place and took care of business.

I think you should give the game ball to our kicker instead of Hart.
  16. ggazoo69

DTater

Yeah, the kicking game wasn't too good for MSU. Pretty exciting play when the Big Samoan rumbled all the way for that touchdown. UM actually did a decent job of neutralizing Stanton in some respects. He only rushed for four yards on seven attempts and he threw some questionable passes. I still think MSU gives OSU more problems than UM will. Hopefully, one of the teams, if not both, beat the Buckeyes.
  17. Darth Tater

I dunno Gazoo. I don't even want to think about OSU right now. MSU had their chance today.

U of M showed they were the better team. But no way will I root for U of M. I hope they lose to OSU and everyone they play before OSU. lol. I can't stand them. :mmph: Today just adds to it. Once again they :rain:ed on our parade. I feel :sick:. I'm not surprised...just disappointed.
  18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

told ya. ;)
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Woverines

Hart is the man. Very consistent aggressive running style. Good game, except for all the choking.
  20. Darth Tater

The Spartans are back to controlling their own destiny after Michigan's loss to Minesota yesterday. Will MSU beat the Buckeyes at Ohio State next week? Almost every team in the Big Ten is capable of beating any other team on any given weekend. Very exciting...or frustrating, depending on how you view it.

Stay tuned...same bat time...same bat channel...