Spur Talk

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

3 preseason games:

game 1: meaningless

game 2: meaninglesser

game 3: meaninglessest

(please excuse the poetic license)
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i'm not saying they won't do good in the regular season, or the playoffs but to take my point further they lost for the 4th time in 4 games against houston yesterday at home 95-87 with Tracy McGrady getting injured in the second quarter. Also Miami lost to the Bobcats 82-72 at home with wade playing 30 minutes! I can understand losing when you only use your bench, but come on... The preseason is meant to see if your bench can win you games. The heat are doing 2 things wrong they're not using this time get the players on there roster that are not that good better, and even with that they lose to the bobcats.

Also I'm not saying the Heat will not do good in the regular season, but it's something to watch.
  3. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Here we go! Season starts now!

Wow, first game is finally here. We play the Nuggets (ouch) they are picked to win Northwest division. I hope we're ready. Gotta work so we can play Pistons in Finals. Spurs get rings tonight. Go Spurs! Go Pistons!:rockon:
  4. barbara SanAntone

We came through, but I was sweating it...

Manu says they were excited with the rings and all and didn't settle down until the 4thQ. When Barry got his ring he kissed Stern... that was funny:nod: Nuggets were good, Nene got hurt in 1Q and was out. The new guys did great...VanExel, Oberto and Finley. I think they see rings in their future, they are hungry. So come on Pistons, do your stuff tomorrow. We will meet again :)
  5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Spurs look prime

Man, they went to a second gear in the fourth quarter, and the Nuggets didn't know what hit 'em. And Finley will be a very nice addition. Van Exel looked crappy when I was watching (in the third). He didn't make smart decisions with the ball. But they looked awfully good. It was a turtle race until the fourth and then the Spurs busted out the bunny.
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Tony Parker as an offensive jaugernaut was a surprise.
  7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Spurs looked good. Real good. Tim Duncan needs an hair cut. I heard a rummor that he wants to gro a Fro like Ben. I hop this is not true. Please Timmothy get your own hair style. Yours looks like you just are to cheap to get a hair cut. Other than that everything look good. It will be interesting when we meet them in the regular season for a match up.
  8. Darth Tater

What is he thinking on the hair? It certainly won't improve his free throw percentage. Just ask Ben. :)
  9. Darth Tater

I think he was just relieved to get the Pistons defenders off his back. :)

I think Denver is a team that matches up relatively well against San Antonio, but S.A. still won when they turned it on. They look really good. We'll see if complacency settles in as the season progresses.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Spurs got a second gear in the 4th, that's what GREAT teams do. You think you're playing them straight up and all of a sudden they seem to focus to another level that most of their opponents are not able to get to. They suddenly move their feet better on D, roatate better, consciously box out their man and secure rebounds, cut harder on O, execute, and simply make shots due to amazing tunnel vision on the hoop.......I'm a witness. We had them sucka's last year in the 4th with the lead:frusty:
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Good shot

Carmelo also looked pretty good while I was watching. I think that the Spurs would have been in a bit of trouble if it wasn't for their 90% jump shooting in the 4th quarter. Parker was looking really really good.
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Carmello has been doing great ever since George Karl came in he took a big bump early on in the season but he did great when Karl came. Nuggets are a top team now probably.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Remember all those games where we got our selves in 15-20 point holes at the half, and then surged back. that was great, but it got really annoying when you're sitting there and knowing that the pistons could step on there throats early and finish them off. Hope the more free offense helps us not get in those situations. Also don't you remember that game in Chicago wre Nocioni hit like 3 or 4 threes in oT to give the Bulls a big lead, and we cut it down to 5 with about 50 seconds to go. Then Billups hit that 3, and we hit a free throw to cut it to 1, and billups crossed up Duhon and hit the game winner over him. That was great.

If you guys live here in michigan the game is on WB20, and they have a special preview at 7.
  14. barbara SanAntone

Spurs not world champs anymore...

Anyway, that's how Don (Don's Point) WOAI ch4 SA sees it::rain:

Did anybody else notice the Spurs banner has changed? Maybe it's just me, but I notice things like this.
    When the Spurs unveiled the new championship banner Tuesday night I noticed right away that it reads, “2005 NBA Champions.” That’s a little different than the ‘99 and ‘03 banners that read, “World Champs.” Not only did the spurs change the new banner, they also ripped the old banners down, and now all three read, “NBA Champions.”
    Political correctness gone overboard? The Celtics, Bulls, and last year's Pistons all still have “World Champions” on their banners. The Spurs want to be the first to acknowledge the great international play around the globe. After all, Manu and Oberto can claim Argentina is the world champs.

What?!:confused:
  15. barbara SanAntone

Spurs better be ready for Cavs tonite..

It's Cavs first away game and they are cooking. Spurs need to get with it in the 1Q, that's what Cavs do. LeBron is hot and happy. Can't wait until the 4thQ, by then Cavs will be singing "happy trails to you":doh:
  16. barbara SanAntone

Guess I was worried for nothin'

I think I bought into the Cav-King James hype too much, LeBron was good but couldn't carry the whole team. Spurs only ahead 5 at the half, but it seems like Cavs just gave up and stood there and watched. We won 102-76, and Spurs were just having fun in the second half.

Well, tonite Dallas. I hope Finley plays a lot against his old team. I hope he smokes them and gives them something to worry about, and makes them sore they are still paying him:nod:
  17. barbara SanAntone

Spurs at Dallas

Mavs are good, they are matching point for point with Spurs. Spurs were getting in a hole in 1stQ but VanExel got them out, score 24-22 Spurs end of 1Q. When Finley came in, Dallas gave him a standing ovation, the game was stopped while he got ovation. That was real class:nod:
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Spurs...

vs USSSSSSS!!!!Shutdahellup, woman!!!!!We got 80 damn games 2 go!!! And we will have home court advantage...one way or another, my sista!
  19. barbara SanAntone

Spurs got raptorized...

They never got their rhythm. Brother, that's all I want, Spurs and Pistons. I have more faith that Pistons will win the east than that Spurs will win the west.

Can't help but cheer for the Pistons, especially with this forum and the way you guys love 'em. Makes me bipolar.:nod:
  20. barbara SanAntone

WOWWWWW! Pistons are cookin'

They are red hot, WOW! At this point it really looks like it will be spurs and pistons in finals. At least, it will be pistons and somebody (?) for sure.:)