Spur Talk

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Sep 6, 2005.

1. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Yep, that was quite a game for Manu, his first 40 point game. When Pop saw Manu was hot, he told the other guys to go thru Manu. When Pop was asked post-game about Manu, Pop just shook his head and said I have idea where he's coming from, I just let him go.:) It worked good because Tony Parker couldnt get a rhythm, till the final minutes. Red Rocket is back and it will take a little time for him to get in the flow.

The Hawks really came on strong, and I thought they were going to make us work for it. Pop said they are an athletic, aggressive team, but they havent learned to keep the intensity, that's where veteran experience counts.

The night before we played the hyped-up dynamic duo Nuggets and they didnt do nothin. Hmmmm, couldnt seem to play together.:sssh:

See where you guys are making good. Keep it up. Our next few games will be at home so maybe we can get some wins to catch the Mavs.

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pretty interesting, 40 from Manu, 30 from Duncan, and still a tie game heading into the fourth. Other than Barry's 18, no one else gets more than six.

3. barbara SanAntone

It was a blowout with the Sonics tonight, and the Spurs are getting into their old form. Robert Horry said the difference in play is that instead of losing the game, or the lead, in the 3rd quarter, they play hard all 48 minutes. The lead gave the bench a full quarter to play and they all did good. Now, Monday we have the Raptors, and I know they will be tough on us, they are playing so well lately.

A great pre-game interview with Melvin Ely. He is really glad to be here, in fact he didnt go to All Star because he wanted to stay here, start getting into form and learning Pops plays. He doesnt expect Pop to play him any time soon, but knows when Pop plays him, he will be ready.

You guys keep up the good work. I think we will meet in the Finals:)

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Spurs: Impressive Start After Break | HOOPSWORLD.com

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We are at that stage in the race when the good runners start to pull away from the pack.

6. barbara SanAntone

That's what I feel, turning the corner, getting into play-off mode. Someone asked Pop tonight what made the switch go from Off to On? Pop said there is no such "switch" that it's hard work, improvement and guys still learning to work together.

We played Raptors tonight and they are really good, if they can keep their core another year or two, they will be a competitive team to look out for. Most teams would just fold after the huge lead we had, but they fought all the way, in fact they cut our lead from 30 to 16 in the 4thQ and coaches had to send in the starters to staunch the flow.

Rasho played good against us and Matt Bonner played good against his former team. I didnt realize He was called "Red Rocket" because of the Canadian transit, because he didnt have a car and had to take the bus all of the time. I thought it was because he was a redhead:)

We dont play until Friday, Orlando, gonna have to watch them the last second:hoops:

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's going to be fun watching all these West teams bite the dust. There can be only one Grasshopper.

8. roscoe36

Yeah, I saw a feature on Bonner a year or so ago. He's from New England I believe and wants to go into politics when he retires from bball.

Pretty funny that he didn't own a car but apparently he is a super frugal guy.

9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

That's a damn perceptive tie-in: Nathanael West, Day of the Locust

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Not familiar.
    I was thinking of that movie with Sean Connery where they couldn't die unless they got their head chopped off. They all carried swords.

11. roscoe36

highlander

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Thank you.

13. barbara SanAntone

We took Orlando to the woodshed last night, then sent them on to Dallas so mavs can give them a whuppin tonight:) Got to admit, they played pretty good in the first half, just couldnt maintain it. Ginobili came up with the spurt to move it on.

We play Houston tonight, Yao Ming has been in full court practice, but they are not sure they want to play him yet. I think I would wait, would not want to risk it, not on a Spurs game.:sssh:

Hated to see Heat get away with the win, kinda hard to play against the refs, but Pistons will come up winners, Heat can't pretend too long:stirthepot:

14. roscoe36

Our blaming the refs is a copout BSA. The Heat are a less talented team than the Pistons with their own injury problems. We got out coached, outhustled and didn't convert our opportunities to steal a win.

Billups goes 2-14. If Tim Duncan went 2-14, the Spurs couldn't win either. Difference is, Timmy doesn't shoot that low a % because he can get his shot against almost anyone.

That's the difference between a legit MVP and a wannabee MVP.

I'm a little sour today...

15. barbara SanAntone

Ohhhh Roscoe, don't be sour, here's a big hug from San Antonio and our gorgeous sunshine day:hug:

16. barbara SanAntone

Well, we are zipping right along with our road swing, even though Tony Parker is out, and probably will be for rest of road trip. He got a hip strain when we played Rockets and has been out since. Other guys have been showing up and taking up the slack, especially Jacque Vaughn. Beno is "getting his confidence", I just dont understand how he can feel so insecure, when actually he plays really good. Michael Finley has got his rhythm and it shows. So, had the Clippers last night, face the Trailblazers tonight then Artest-less Kings after that.

I'm waching the guys doing "step" dancing (?) on Cold Pizza, They are soooo good, totally fascinates me.:)

I'm thinking about the Mavs this morning, and I'm thinking that they are going to be lulled into a complacency, keep winning without having to think, get into some bad habits that they cant break during playoffs. Just an idea, Avery Johnson won't allow it. Oh welllllllll:stirthepot:

17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You're right, Avery and complacency just don't go into the same sentence.

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What got into 'Noboli? Dudes on fire.

19. barbara SanAntone

You know, when he got hurt early on, hurt his backside/butt and was off so long, when he came back, he started wearing padding and as far as I know, he still wears it. Maybe that gives him some confidence to do the weird stuff he does, knowing he probably wont get hurt. Pop worries about Tony and Manu throwing their bodies into it, and they both keep doing it.:)

20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Gotta play fearless.