Spur Talk

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Sep 6, 2005.

1. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Played Portland last night. A game fact shown pre-game, showed that Trailblazers havent beat Spurs since 2002, and it had Rasheed Wallace listed as a player for the team then:)
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Rasheed plays Tim Duncan as well as anyone. Robert Horry however is a different matter.... :MusicBigGrin:
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Big Shot Bob must be up to something. He hasn't made any noise all season.
  4. barbara SanAntone

Horry played the other night and said he felt like he was able to. Yahoo Rumor said Horry was going to retire after this season, he would first talk Pop and his son before making decision. So, dont know what Big Shot up to, Thee:confused:

I thought this was interesting article on players and player injuries. Found the blog on Express News site, this is exerpt:

Quote:
    From the floor boards to the scoreboards, AP Basketball Writer Brian Mahoney will be blogging with his thoughts on the NBA throughout the remainder of the season:
    ---
    WEDNESDAY, April 11:
    There goes two more superstars we might not see again until next season.
    The Boston Celtics announced tonight that Paul Pierce is getting a head start on summer vacation because of his sore left elbow. Kevin Garnett may not play again in Minnesota because of an injured right quadriceps.
    Add them to Michael Redd, Ray Allen, Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler and Joe Johnson, and you'd have the foundation for a pretty good team.

So, whose fault is it?

Phil Jackson and George Karl have said the NBA should look into the length of its season. But commissioner David Stern, perhaps sarcastically, spun it around today and said maybe the coaches are to blame.

"I think we should do an analysis of minutes because sometimes the very people who make the observations keep their players in for long periods of time," Stern said. "I've always been of the view that one issue is there may be so many minutes in a player's legs and it becomes the coach's obligation to marshal the assets well and to make sure that the players within the context of the team get rotated.

"We used to only have a 12-man roster but now we effectively have a 15-man roster and that people say they must have the 15. If they must have the 15, then we ought to take a look at the players who are 13, 14 and 15 to see what their minutes are."

These injuries don't stop, and coaches are going to have to use those 13 through 15 guys whether they want to or not.

As we play our final games, I would love to see GSW in 8th place, and they have a chance to get there. They would play Mavs and so far they have beaten Mavs 2-0, and Nellie knows how to beat the Mavs. :)
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He'll go out with a bang.
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Anyone watching the Spurs-Mavericks game? Do those refs have an agenda or what? Throw out Dunkan because he is laughing at an idiotic call, and then just call everything the Mavericks way? And I am a Pistons fan, as you all know, I don't care who wins, but I am sure the refs won't get in trouble for this bull. That's just what NBA has become - a league of agendas. Push the "popular" teams as much as you can, who cares about the fans. It's all about the mightly $$$.
  7. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Joey Crawford thinks he's the star of every game he referees.
  8. barbara SanAntone

Wow, what a day. I coldnt believe it. We sort of beat ourselves.

Yahoo Sports exerpt:
    Dallas' Jason Terry and Bowen got offsetting technicals for jawing at each other less than two minutes into the second half. There were hard fouls both ways, then Duncan got a technical with 2:20 left in the quarter for arguing about an offensive foul against him. He went to the bench soon after, then was tossed from there because of something he said. He'd been laughing about a call that went against San Antonio.

Hey, maybe this is our Piston/Spur preview:) Timmy and Sheed getting ejected for laughing and smiling:cheerleader:
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

barb, I don't think Timmy's technicals were justified unless he made an off color remark that we didn't hear. Joey Crawford was trying to make a statement that he is star too??? in the war between the two best teams in the league
  10. barbara SanAntone

LaDre, I'm curious about what was said, since this was on ABC we didnt get any post-game with Pop and Spurs. I did see the close up of Tim laughing and pointing and he lights up the room when he laughs, just like Sheed has the biggest smile and laugh in the league:)

I hope GSW gets 8th and plays Mavs and beats them. Sweet Revenge!
  11. barbara SanAntone

Well, just got the local news, and of course they are talking about it big time. Timmy said Joey has a personal vendetta against him, he doesnt know why, he only said 3 words to him the whole game, after 1st tech he said "i got fouled" (tech) then went to bench and a minute later got 2nd tech for laughing about call against Spurs. Crawford side of story is Timmy called him "a piece of *doodoo" .Timmy says Crawford wants to be on TV and only way he gets attention is calling techs. This is 3rd tech he's called on Timmy in 2 weeks.

Pop said he would talk about it in private with the league, wasnt going to get into it with media right now. So, that's where it stands right now.:hoops:
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No disrespect BSA, but if I was a ref, I would give Timmie 2 techs for looking so glum at the start of each game.

Watching Tim Duncan is depressing. It's like his personality is on a thorazine drip.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah BSA that was a BS call... I think the Spurs/Nuggets matchup will be a classic...
    Camby/Nene vs Duncan
    A.I. vs Parker
    Melo vs Bowen
    Ginobili vs Finley

Nuggets offense vs Spurs "D"
  14. barbara SanAntone

That's funny Roscoe because he does look like that at games. But locally, these guys are really funny, they do the HEB (Tx grocery chain) commercials, the one tonight has Timmy doing blind-taste test of Nacho chips on PoP (tastes fair), Barry (mmm good) Bruce Bowen has bag of "cow chips". Anyway, just like I have come to know you guys through this forum, and you are so funny and I know the Pistons have a sense of humor, too.

I saw sports show that says Crawford started screaming at Timmy "you wanna fight? You wanna take it outside and fight?" I think the guy is crazy, having a mental breakdown. Maybe the league will decide not to let him ref any Spur games. Somethings coooo-koooo.:stirthepot:
  15. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

lol crawford vs Timmy= severly injured white man...
    think Rudy tomjanavich of the 00's
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

For all we know Timmay can't fight. Punk his droll dull azzzz.
  17. barbara SanAntone

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So Stern does have an opinion on how the refs should behave and punishes them if they violate that? Interesting... very interesting.
  19. barbara SanAntone

At first, I thought the other refs might side with Joey and there would be a backlash, but I think Stern made it very clear and has put the other refs on notice. Apparently Stern has had probs with Joey for some time, and this was final straw, he had to do something:)
  20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This is a good thing for the entire league... No sir Mr. Crawford you are not beyond retribution.