1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Spur Talk

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Sep 6, 2005.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Pistons 90
    Spurs 82
    Christmas present.

2. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Thee, you can rub it in....

Bogut was goooood, in fact the Bucks were good. I don't know about my spurs, even with Timmy scoring the most he's done so far, I was surprised it went to overtime. And the Knicks, well, the Knicks. But I was still waiting for the Knicks to come thru at the last minute, even with a 10 point lead, the way Spurs have been playing. :doh:

Announcers barely talked about Raptor game 12/23, just talking about what a great team Pistons are and how Spurs are really going to have to be focused. How about that, ABC Christmas morning:)

My prediction? Pistons (at least 3 digits) 112, Spurs 99. MERRY CHRISTMAS:nod: No, right now, Pistons playing better than Spurs...more energy, more focus, more WILL to win! But what can a mamma say? I love both my kids...:whoo:

3. barbara SanAntone

a little off topic but...

we are in Detroit on 12/25 but Lions will be here in SA on 12/24. Yep, they play the Saints, and from the way both teams have been playing, either one can lose:) Heard Harrington will start and I'm glad, I like him...

okay:focus:

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's a good thing the Lions are on the road. Less chance of Millen getting lynched. Did San Antone take to the Saints? I guess it's hard if the team stinks.

5. barbara SanAntone

Timmy in a slump...

Well, we knew it, didnt we? SA ExpNews talked about it: (exerpt)

Duncan said he hasn't felt good for a while but attributed it more to a lack of rhythm than his sore right foot. He received an anti-inflammatory injection in his heel a week ago but has yet to miss a game.
    "He said his foot has been good," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.
    If anything, Duncan has looked more tired than hurt. He has lacked focus, evident when he threw away backcourt passes in the past two games. In the fourth quarter Sunday, he fumbled a routine bounce pass from Parker and watched in frustration as it banged off his knee and skidded across the court into the first row of fans.

Also Parker said "It's not just Tim, it's all of us."

BTW, Manu will probably not be ready before end of week. He hurt the top of his foot during practice and still has trouble making turns. No talk about if he will be ready for Pistons. In fact, there has been NO talk about Pistons...hmmmmm, scared?:fear:Is Detroit media talking about game?:confused:

6. barbara SanAntone

Tagliabue does NOT like us...

The Saints glitter seems a might thin, especially since our chances of getting NFL team here arent good. Our mayor is not going to pay an arm and leg, build new arena, buy an overpriced team, even tho we have the money and the corporate sponsors. Jerry Jones wants the mexican market San Antonio has (Mexico and South Texas) and he even broadcasts Cowboy games in Spanish...Vaqueros! So, Tagliabue will listen to Jones and I think he wants to ship the Saints to California:doh:

When we get our team, we want a WINNER, and no Tom Benson.
    IMHO:nod:

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Not much yet. I would imagine the talk will pick up on Friday.

I did read some short column (National I think) a couple of days ago about the Christmas games. Anyhow, the writer was saying that even though the day features a rematch of last years NBA finalists, everyone is much more interested in the Miami-Lakers matchup, unfortunately. :ohwell:

8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I watched the San Antone'/Milwaukee game. Bogut was amazing. I'm very impressed with this kid's heart and determination. Milwaukee has a great team!

9. barbara SanAntone

just watched the Spurs/Raptors

First time I've seen the Raptors, I thought they were good and Im surprised they are only 6 wins:confused: Anyway, Manu not playing yet, he went out on court pregame and worked up a sweat then went back to locker and put on his "good clothes". This makes 9th game he missed. Pop was disgusted, liked Rasho's play but says Spurs are "spotty and inconsistant". Man, they really missed the free throws tonight.

When I read G-Man's thread "Juggling the Numbers" On FTs I saw where Spurs not even on list, at least Piston #10 (Raptors #6, they made theirs). We wont stand a chance on Christmas if we dont take care of FTs. Speaking about Christmas, Sean Elliott, game commentator said that Detroit knows Spurs are good, but Spurs know Detroit is better, and he said Pistons should probably have won the Finals. In post game interview when asked about the Christmas game, Rasho says we will be playing the best team in the league.

I never get to see a Piston game, but from the way you guys track the team, I trust your judgment about their gameplay and still think it will be Pistons 112-Spurs 99. Merry Christmas:nod:

Hey, I almost forgot. We have more folks down here from Michigan taking in our 70's weather. UofM Timberwolves playing in the Alamo Bowl. Today the players went to a ranch and news showed them riding longhorns. It cracked me up...you don't ride longhorns, Ouch! Some jerk from UT probably put them on:doh:

10. barbara SanAntone

Ginobili wont play in Piston Game...

J.Ludden Express News: Pop says Manu still having problem playing one on one, trouble pushing off rt foot.

Pops rotation plan: (exerpt)
    Rotate and balance: Popovich has altered his rotation the past two games, not only to cut back Tim Duncan's minutes, but also to reduce the wear and tear on Tony Parker.
    Duncan now usually takes his first break midway through the first quarter. Parker, who used to play the entire first quarter, has exited with two or three minutes remaining the past two games.
    Duncan's earlier departure allows Popovich to bring him back when Nick Van Exel replaces Parker. With Ginobili out, Popovich wants to make sure he has one of his best three players on the floor at all times.

So, that's the way it looks right now, folks

11. noah

noah Second Round Draft Pick

Excuse Me~~~

HELLO ~~ I'M FROM asia. could u do me a favor?? i wanna see the game " pistons vs spur " . does anyone know the online tv or nettv to se this game? 'cause it dont live show in asia. ........................................Ace HELP ME THANKS A LOT:)

12. barbara SanAntone

Congratulations!!

Pistons were great. I have no doubt they will be in Finals. I am not so sure about the Spurs, they just don't have game yet. Even if Ginobili had played, they still would not have beat the Pistons. Pistons really held them down.

I see several things wrong. They don't have the rhythm. As good as Finley and VanExel are, they dont seem to mesh exactly. They will as season goes on, but pace is different. Tim has lost weight, about 15 lbs. Maybe he's food hungry, not game hungry. There are about 4 new first time daddies, maybe that counts. Tony needs to dump Eva. Bike police stopped Tony yesterday downtown for impeding traffic, Eva mouths off "Hey, he's just a F.. mexican bike police, give him an autograph". Tony doesnt need that.

Oh yes, last thing, they just aint as good as the Pistons:doh:

Happy New Year:nod:

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Merry Christmas, BSA. Not sorry about your loss. Thanks for bringing a class act to Detroit for Christmas. And thanks for the win in San Antone the Lions needed it more.

14. detteam

detteam All-Star

He must have been impeding traffic if the bike guys popped him. Sounds like Eva plays her TV bee-otch role in real life :laugh:

I think the Spurs are a better team than the one we saw today. When's the rematch in SA?

15. G-man

G-man Starter

Hey BSA

You're a good sport Bar..God knows it's hard to watch your favaorite team get their hineys handed to them like the Spurs today. Man does Duncan look skinny these days or what? He's looking lighter than ever, I heard what they (ABC) were saying about his diet, but he's really thin.

What did you think about the game and the world champs getting the brush-off in favor of the Kobe-Shaq show?

16. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, Tony should dump her...and send her my way. :eyebrows:

17. barbara SanAntone

What Spurs say about Pistons...

C'mon MoTown, you deserve better than that!:)

Exp-news Johnny Ludden (exerpt):
    Wallace alone pulled down 21 rebounds. McDyess came off the bench to take 13. Together, they totaled more than the entire Spurs' roster.
    "They just killed us," Tony Parker said. "That's why we lose the game."

Wow...totaled more than the ENTIRE Spurs roster. :doh: And Pop says "you just cant go to ball against them. They're too big, too physical, too rugged...they're playing a lot better than we are."

That's a fact folks, Pistons are hot. You all know I'm bipolar about Spurs and Pistons. I follow all Piston games (just box scores, no TV coverage here) and root for them to win. Same with Spurs. To me, they are best teams and when they play, I want the one playing their best, playing with heart, playing with grit to win. I guess I'm not a very good fan.:confused:

I was glad to see Prince in such good shape. I remember him from the finals and thought "that kid is sick, doesnt look good, seems so listless, looks so pale, I thought he might be anemic". But now, his color is good, he looks healthy and moves great.:nod:

G-Man, what ABC did was a total brush off. I like what Mike Monroe Exp News said: "Most everyone who really understands what it takes to win in the playoffs anticipates a rematch in the 2006 NBA Finals...ABC aiming today's games at general populace rather than true NBA fans." He said that ABC doesn't like the prospect of a Finals rematch, ratings too low, not enough money for them, people more familiar with Kobe and Shaq.
    I think broadcasters said players referred to our game as JV:laugh: Frankly, I liked it played first, folks still at home doing christmas morning, in the afternoon during Lakers-Miami, probably sleeping. I know I didnt watch it, cant stand either team.

Yes, Thee, glad Lions won. I heard game referred to as "homeless bowl" and "hopeless bowl". SA didnt waste anytime taking Saints stuff off the Alamodome, guys were scraping letters off on christmas day. Well, they have to get ready for the Alamo Bowl Wolverines vs. Huskers. Hope UM wins, I dont have heart for Nebraska. See, I'm becoming a Mich homer. Did I tell you all my brother in law came from Escanaba, went to Mich State? Well, years and years ago.

Happy New Year. See you guys on Jan 12. Pop's got his work cut out for him. Manu might be back, but even Pop said Manu wouldnt have made a difference in the 12/25 game. He was right. Pistons TOO good.

18. barbara SanAntone

Tonight Spurs play Pacers...

Tried to check and see how Pistons played Pacers but you guys dont play them until Feb. so here's part of scouting report from Exp-News:

Spurs: in past 2 games Finley has missed 15 of 19 shots. TD FT have gone from 78.2 in November to 55.1% December. Wow. Ginobili still doubtful.

Pacers: Artest on inactive list. Pacer wins 5-3 without him. Pacers held opponents 83.2 six games, before gave up 102 points to Mavericks.
    Injuries: Danny Granger day to day. Bender, knee injury.

I thought this was interesting (J Ludden X-News):

Key matchup: Jeff Foster vs. Tim Duncan. Few players have defended Duncan better in recent years than Foster. The Madison High School graduate, who often works out with the Spurs during the summer, does a good job of using his length to front Duncan, making it more difficult for Duncan's teammates to get him the ball in the post. He also tries to push Duncan a step or two out of his comfort spots. Foster has been working his way back into shape after missing the first 14 games with an Achilles' tendon injury.

Good luck to Pistons on tonights game with Raptors. Watch out, they are good. They played a great game with Spurs, almost beat us. :nod:

19. barbara SanAntone

Well, Ginobili is back...

He begged Pop pregame to let him play at least 15 minutes. Pop did and Manu made 9 pts, 4 reb, 2 asst and 1 blk in 15 min. Manu said he will see how his foot feels today, it felt okay after game.

Tim cut his hair (J Ludden X-news called it his not-so-carefully budding afro) and players were always making fun of it, said he looked like he just got out of bed. Anyway he got back his old look and got back to his old game. Pop said Tim got aggressive, up to now he has been tentative in his play.

Mike Monroe x-news had take on Artest, who did not travel with the team. Comment from Jermaine O'Neal:

With no prodding, O'Neal gets to what is the heart of the Artest matter: Respect.
    "This is a privilege," O'Neal said. "Sometimes guys lose sight of this. They pay us millions of dollars to play for a couple of hours, so you've got to respect the game and what it brings to you and your family.
    "Right now that's what it's really all about for this team."

He's right. Guys get paid good bucks to do their job, even if it's sitting and learning. IMO there are no "garbage minutes", sitting the bench is not "garbage minutes", a player should be working the whole time either physically or mentally, on or off the court, everytime he puts his uni on.
    Actually, I'm thinking what you guys are saying about Darko (and there are other players like him in the league) and having "respect" for the game.

Congrats on beating Raptors. We play those pesky Hornets again tomorrow, hope we're ready for them. And Best of Luck to Pistons on Heat game tomorrow. Beat the Heat! Absolutely. Go Pistons!:nod:

20. barbara SanAntone

Great game Pistons...

Wow, Heat gave Pistons all they got, and Pistons just brushed them off. I got to see the game on TNT (spurs played hornets, just played around with them) but Pistons were all business. Van Exel having problem with his elbow, so Beno came off bench and did really good.

Exp News shows Spurs not high in all star votes:

Tim Duncan remains in third place in fan balloting for the two starting forward spots on the Western Conference All-Star team. He has 786,689 votes, trailing Houston's Tracy McGrady (1,066,013) and Minnesota's Kevin Garnett (793,078). Duncan has started the past six All-Star Games. Manu Ginobili is a distant third among West guards. Parker is fifth. Balloting continues through Jan. 22. .

Lot of competition in the west. I've heard Pistons will have at least 3 all stars (one guy said 5). Anyway, there will definitely be a Piston showing, the guys are red hot....

HAPPY NEW YEAR:yell: :bump2: :roll: :boom: