Spur Talk

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Sep 6, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

BSA, I'll admit I voted for TD a couple of times, but mostly Elton Brand and Nowitzki at the forwards. Sometimes KG too. Those three guys have played the most and best of the West forwards thus far IMO.
  2. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Looking forward to 2006..

Micro, it struck me that the votes cast so far don't seem very high. It seems that with voting all across the country the results, even at this early date would be higher. If everyone with basketball IQ like this forum voted for quality all star players, the results (IMO) would reflect the true star status of players. With fans voting the results are somewhat skewed because a lot of votes might go against true top all stars like Pistons because they have beat so many teams...and those team fans hate 'em:doh: Maybe I'm wrong, it seems like a popularity contest to me.

Well, 2005 behind us, going for the 2006 Finals, Piston vs Spurs. I liked Jerry Greens column today in DetNews talking about Loyalty and Disloyalty in Det Sports:

Disloyalty – Larry Brown, who toyed with the Pistons and owner Bill Davidson and Joe Dumars while his team was playing for another NBA championship. Gypsy Brown committed a self-ziggy here, good riddance, leaving behind him Detroit’s best sports team of 2005 and assuredly the best of 2006.

Looks like San Antonio won't have NFL team here, thanks to Tagliabue. So much politics :frusty:

HAPPY NEW YEAR...dont forget to eat your black-eyed peas (luck) and cabbage (money):hungry:
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Well the clock struck Midnite on Texas luck for Mich. Wolverines. Did you see that end of game lateral play? That one guy should have taken it up field, that's the object!!
    As far as a Brown ziggy he did us a favor.
  4. barbara SanAntone

Looking into my crystal ball...

so far, I see Pistons ahead of Spurs (well, of course, Pistons #1 Spurs #2) but Pistons have mental and physical edge over SA, if they keep it up, no question Pistons will win Finals. Competition in West taking shape and bound to give Spurs problems: Dallas, Suns (especially after Stoudemire gets back, prob after AllStar games).

Saw this in today's ExpNews (mike monroe):
    Detroit has started the season 24-4, which has some in Michigan dreaming of a 70-victory season.
    Keeping a lid on reality is new Pistons assistant coach Ron Harper, a member of the 1995-96 Bulls. He reminds his players that his old team opened at 23-3 before going on an 18-game winning streak en route to a 72-10 mark.
    "That's just crazy," Detroit point guard Chauncey Billups said. "I can't even fathom that.":nod:

Looks possible to me, if losses are 2 per month, why not?:confused: Checking Jan schedule for Pistons and Spurs, I see this: Possible Losses Pistons: Spurs 1/12, Griz 1/27 Nets 1/31. Possible Losses Spurs: 1/7 Suns, 1/10 Nets, 1/12 Pistons, 1/14 Griz, 1/16 Griz. So, by Feb, Pistons should still be #1 and Spurs #2 (well, I haven't checked Mavs schedule, cant stand Dallas. Love Houston, my old stomping grounds, and sure wish they had made a better showing:doh: .

And those are my January predictions. :lalala:
  5. roscoe36

Re: Looking into my crystal ball...

BSA, who are you on SpursTalk? Are you getting in on that vBookie action for Spurs win count in January?
  6. barbara SanAntone

What is SpursTalk?:confused: You mean someone thinks like I do:doh: I get all my ideas from you guys (well, xpress news too) :) You guys have the best info on NBA teams, super info on Pistons (who WILL be champs in East). I even follow box scores on daily NBA games and HATED to see Knicks beat Suns in 3OT...dang. I know Suns will be a major competition for us, but I want Knicks to LOSE every game they play.

I know it's futile :deadhorse but I still think LB let Pistons down in Finals, and I want revenge!:nod:

What is vBookie action...sounds like fun:bounce:
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BSA, the only games Pistons lose is "road back to back" no days rest.
    Micro quit trying to corrupt Sweet BSA with bookie action. She likes it here not there. She has a crush on us, and vise versa.
  8. roscoe36

You wrote earlier that you like vBulletin boards, so I assumed you were a member at www.spurstalk.com. It's only the biggest Spurs fan community. ;)

vBookie is a community gambling system. You wager and earn vBucks or some other form of virtual monopoly money. I know on some sites they use this for forum rewards. I thought about implementing it here but it's still a beta product for this vBulletin version. We'll see later in the year how it fits into the grand plan.

I'm not worried about BSA leaving us. She was gunna make me tamales for the love of Pete. You think I would compromise that? :eyebrows:
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

Did someone say tamales? How do I get in on this? I'd be happy just to get an authentic recipe :nod:
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I would appreciate it if you didn't steal my lady!
  11. barbara SanAntone

You guys crack me up (see if I can get the pounding smilie):pound: (he's broke).

I don't know Micro, from fan Sound Off in ExpNews, it's the same 4-5 people talking, not very objective, very little about other league teams, so unless SpurTalk was as good as your forum, I doubt I would like it. I hope you go there and post some good Piston info. If they dont think Pistons are going to be in finals they are in denial:doh:

Detteam, it took 5 hours to make the tamales and the lady showing me how wouldnt even let me take a smoke break:frusty: I havent made any since:)
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

Hey...when making my chicken stock, it sits on the burner for 24+ hours. All good things take time :)

The only place I've found decent tamales around Detroit is Xochimilco but I don't get to that part of town often :(
  13. barbara SanAntone

Tamales and Team Talk

Hey Detteam: look at it this way...my tamales are the Spurs, your chicken stock is the TrailBlazers. My tamale player played 48 minutes and your chicken stock player sat on the bench:laugh:

I havent seen it written anywhere but one of commentators on last nite game (Spurs vs Blazers) mentioned that Blazers team composed of young guys (just out of HS) and Euros, neither of whom realize yet that playing in NBA is DIFFERENT. So actually, they are tutored (or should take it as such) by good playing league teams. Maybe they should get some hard core vets for their team.

Nate McMillan now coach Blazers was Sonic coach for 5 years before Bob Weiss(former Spurs asst coach) took his place and now he's been fired and Bob Hill (former Spurs Asst) is taking place. They beat Bulls (101-97) the other night, So Pistons, watch out for them on Jan 6, they looked pretty good.

BTW, Teams can sign players to 10 day contracts today. Spurs have 13 players (2 less than league allows) but Pop says we dont need any as of yet. We have 5 games over next 10 and 4 will be at SBC center. Pop says the staff can work on more of the team plays because as of now only about 60% have been installed. Hmmmmm wonder what's cookin' with that 40%? More tamales?:nod:
  14. roscoe36

BSA, I believe that Bob Hill replaced Larry Brown as Spurs HEAD Coach after being an assistant. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Hill was replaced by Popovic the season before they drafted TD.

He's a coaching lifer, just like Weiss, but he's had more success (positive win/loss record).
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i checked some of that website. fresh prince is registered and trying to fight off all these spurs fans. they think they'll sweep the pistons.:laugh:
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Next time your down in South Detroit looking for some mexican food, go to Taqueria Lupita's. You can't get a beer there, but the food is great and cheap, and then you can go over to the fancy places for your drinks!

Or, do what I do, and have dinner at Lupita's and then go watch the game at Harry's.
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

Hey...thanks for the tip! :thumb:
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Suns burn Spurs, I guess they're saving it for the playoff. Are they panicking in S.A.?
  19. barbara SanAntone

Well, they arent panicked but they know they better start playing better. The Suns were good. Manu says they were "unbelievable" and pop says they are faster than last year and will continue to do well even without Stoudemire. We were on a back to back, but no excuse.

When we lost to Hornets 12/18 we were on back to back, but they really played well. Good luck Pistons on Hornets game tonite.

We play Nets tonite. Nets are on a 10 win game streak. When Vince Carter played Toronto he scored 24 of his 42 points in the 4th Q and had a 3 pointer in the final 0.1 second! There has been a lot of bad blood between VC and Bruce Bowen. Two seasons ago VC sprained his ankle when he landed on Bowens foot and thought Bruce did it on purpose. Then in game last season VC's legs got tangled up with Bruce and Bruce thought he tried to trip him deliberately. Carter came at Bruce and official cut him off and gave him a tech foul. There has been one uneventful game since then, but you never know:doh:

Looking forward to the 1/12 game:nod:
  20. barbara SanAntone

Game just over with Spurs and Nets. Nets were good, Jason Kidd is almost unstoppable, almost. Pop was mad, says spurs played badly, didnt execute and what was really disgusting was the 14 points Nets made in last 13 seconds:frusty: Gotta watch those nets in the final quarter when you all play them Jan 31.

You guys did good beating Hornets, they play hard. I just saw TV segment of Piston Hornet game and how Carlos Arroya went loco when he got called 6th foul. I mean, he has no class, I think even the Pistons looked stunned. What a loser!:doh:

Okay, Pistons here for Jan 12 game. The weather is great, but the river has been drained for annual cleaning so riverwalk wont be beautiful for them to see.:ohwell: