Stafford

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Buckeyes#1, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I was very impressed with his first game, which says alot to me cause I was against drafting the guy. He was 7 for 14 but that doesnt paint the real picture cause he had about 5 others that should have been caught. Plus I was impressed that his first pass was right on the money. You would think it would have been overthrown being his first NFL pass and all. I'd give him an A for his first game but that interception knocks it down to a B. Overall, I am very pleased with Stafford for his first game.
  2. Buckeyes#1

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought that he looked really good - except for that INT. That was a rookie mistake, trying to force it in.

The TD pass to Williams was really nice.

I was really impressed with Stanton as well. Stanton actually had the best stats out of all 7 QBs that played in this game.

His arm was accurate and he didn't try to force anything. A lot of his passes were dump offs and check downs, but they were the right decision and had huge gains. Plus he had 59 rushing yards on 4 carries which continued several drives and setup the game winning field goal.

Alex Brown looked really solid. Forty seven yards rushing on 6 carriers for a 7.8 average, including a 32 yard TD run and also 51 yards receiving and another TD.
  4. jammertime

P.S. Keary Colbert was absolute dog crap (other than that 1 catch down the sideline that he had).

He had at least 3 drops in the game. All that were very catchable and would have went for 1st downs and big gains.

How freaking sad is it that we've drafted a WR in the top 10 of the draft 4 of the last 6 years and we only have ONE NFL caliber WR on the roster! Only 2 of the 4 are still in the league.

Fire Millen!
  5. kcpistonfan

kcpistonfan First Round Draft Pick

I have followed Stafford since his Senior year of High School. My other passion outside of the Pistons is UGA Football. This guy is going to be great. He will throw a few INT's his first year, but it will get better and better. The thing that amazed me his Freshman year was everytime he made a mistake it never phased him. A 17 year old starting in the SEC. You seen the same thing today. He throws an INT to a fellow UGA man and he bounces back with a great drive. He is the opposite of Joey Harrington.

Here is something you might not know. Not only does he have a lethal arm and even stronger mindset he is a heck of a punter. In high school he had 17 punts over 50 yards.
  6. jammertime

I absolutely agree.

Joey tried to be cool, tried to look composed and tried to be a leader. It just seemed fake to me. Like it was all an act and he was trying to convince everyone (and maybe himself) that he was who everyone hoped he'd be.

Stafford is cool, is composed and is a leader. He just seems natural and real, the way he presents himself.

Joey had a wet noodle for an arm. Stafford has a cannon. Joey looked scared in the pocket, Stafford looks poised in the pocket.

I don't know if Stafford will end up being the "real deal" or not, but so far so good and he's NOTHING like Joey, so it works for me.
  7. Buckeyes#1

That is interesting. I think if we ever get third and 50 plus inside our own five (once every game), I'd be tempted to call for a punt. You know. Those series where we get five penalties in a row and the announcers are trying not to laugh at us, and all the fans are looking for a bag to put over their heads....
  8. jammertime

Is that before or after our QB runs out the back of our endzone?

YouTube - Dan Orlovsky Vs. Jared Allen
  9. kcpistonfan

kcpistonfan First Round Draft Pick

It is cool because the punt team has to play fake
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

He looked darn good, and I am Stafford Skeptic, but I was truely impressed.
  11. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Lions in top five...NFL, for both offense and defence.
  12. Buckeyes#1

For their division maybe.
  13. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

NFL Stats: Team

Check it out..
  14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Do you think we can make the whole season preseason games? We'd beat the Dolphins winning streak that way.
  15. jammertime

Can we end the season now?
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

maybe he looked good because he had a pocket and the running game worked for
    160 yd
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Too bad he won't survive the season... he'll be steamrolled just like Harrington, Mitchell etc... they just don't get the importance of protection to a young QB's confidence... no pitty here
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    hopefully the Oline will have jelled by the time DCulp. gives it up.
  19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I just don't see how this will NOT happen. They need to just sit him this year. :( I'd play Stanton. He's good and if he gets hurt you don't lose your franchise QB. Idiots.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I know this is a Stafford thread, but I think Stanton played as well as the rookie or Culpepper....he should be starting during the preseason and then let the rookie ease into the job...:stirthepot:.

Stanton leads the team in rushing and is tied for the lead in passing yardage and had the best QB rating after one game. Didn't hear his name mentioned on ESPN at all after the game.....(do I sound like his dad?)

Culpepper can be either the mentor or the relief man when the other two are in trouble.