Stan Van Gundy Retires

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Riley messed Miami up by getting rid of what made them tick last season the Joneses. Teams would double Shaq and the ball iwould get kicked out to the wing for a 3. A team doubles Wade he would kick the ball out to the wing for a 3. Now who shoots the 3 for Miami? Fatone Walker? Please.... That Chucker!!! All Miami needed was a better starting point guard and maybe another bench player that could play defense. Now the team is totally broken with Shaq ibeing a year older and already injured and Riley is a quiter that could not get the job done 3 years ago so what makes him think he can do the job now? Go home Riley and go buy a big tub of hair grease and slick your hair in a lazy boy chair. Your time has come and gone.:frusty:

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Abe, WW, PastF

I don't thinks it's that big a deal.
    Aside from being all lies. Riley wants one last shot. Van G didn't retire. He'll be back next year. He's watching tape. And I liked how you had respect for the fathering need. I doubt there is enough of that.
    Riley wouldn't look like a gangster if he came right out and said "take a rest". But coaches are made men. You just don't step on them.
    You could call it an assist.:ohwell:

3. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Perspective down here in sunny FL

Since VanGundy's "retirement" and Riley's takeover, the sports people down here are about as diverse in their opinions as we are about DMC.

Some are saying that Riley put a team together that noone could coach and it is up to him to get some mileage out of who he has assembled.

Others are saying that the only thing thaat was keeping them from winning the title, and specifically beating the Pistons is coaching, other than the injury to Flash last ECF.

The Heat is a cinch to be the the ECF champs this year, some say. Those people, so far, are the vocal minority. Don't know how that will turn out, except that we will have some sort of indication on my next birthday, Dec 29th.

I just can't see them beating the Pistons in a series for all the marbles, but I can see us getting so beat up that we will lose in the NBA Finals, again because of our short "bigs" bench. I was surprised last year by the fact that Zo was as effective as he was, allowing Shaq to rest more and not letting our bigs hurt them too much while Shaq was sitting down.

And with Ben showing so much "blah" so far, it had better get a whole lot better down the road.

I am pretty sure that I will not be driving clear down to Miami when the Pistons come to town unless there are changes in the way we are playing. Not worth the trip; just watch it on TV, I would guess. Be just my luck to drive all the way down there and they decide to play one of their phone-it-in-games until too late to pull it out and I would have to fill my gas tank back up with liquid gold and drive back in a very sour mood. No thanks!!

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Take it from me...don't do it. :Cry:

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Hey! Don't discourage him from going. That loss the other night was all YOUR fault. :laugh:

6. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

From a phony diary of SVG's 14-year-old daughter, by a brilliant blogger:

http://www.jeskeets.com/2005/12/day-348.html

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LMAO!

Not, it wasn't. They lost because...uhmmmm...well...I think it was because...

OK, gimme a minute. :confused:

Sigh.

:rain::banplease:bolt::sorry:

8. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

darth

That was one of the best posts I have seen. Great!!!