Starting 5 for 2010-11

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by chillfan23, Jul 19, 2010.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Really? Too soft?
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good to see you are with the program. Like, who cares that Afflalo's great game I mentioned was purely vs. 3rd stringers, most not likely to make the team. Its hardly the point. Afflalo started for a very good team all last year, and did great. Amir is doing fine for Toronto and the fans there love his hustle. Delfino adds very good ball handling, some offense, and pretty solid D. We have a lot more than one game to go by. The stuff I decided to write, it all had one simple tie in - all from the last few games from these guys. Its not like we let them go, and nobody else ever played them. The evidence is all over, and strong, that Joe gave guys away for no other reason than cap moves.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

His lack of athleticism makes him very small, he doesn't have the ability to catch and finish in the paint. His passing is a result of his inability to score inside. If JJ was healthy I don't think he'd even play this season. Think about this, Austin Daye is getting more consideration for the starting PF spot than he is right now. He's a rookie so he gets the benefit of the doubt, and with a lot of work he can get better, but from what I've seen.......... Rookies are going to make mistakes, but usually they'll do some things that allow you to see the potential, not Monroe, he's not a bust, but I'm not looking for any all-star games anytime soon. Now to be fair, we're not playing to his strengths, we're not using him in the high post at all.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think you're forgetting how long it takes to recover from a toe injury.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Injury schminjury, they gave him an intense pedicure, that still didn't cure his ailment of no-hop-itis.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

G-Money can run fast.
    ...he just can't jump.
  7. BillLaimbeer

Jumping is over-rated. That's how you get hurt.
  8. max

max All-Star

Agree about Amir and Afflallo.

When Delfino was here he was never happy with the mins he got and wanted to be traded. Even though he played quit a bit for a bench guy that year - something like 17 MPG in almost all the games.

Arroyo can succeed with Miami since all the attention will be on Wade and Lebran. Thats not to say that he would do very well on our team.

Darko is Darko.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Going to work with my last rotation, trying to straighten out the units so that starters play with starters, subs with subs. While still keeping the minutes totals close, keep Gordon and Tay paired when Gordon plays backup point. Also want to elimate Rip playing first 18 minutes of game. (and only 6 in the 2nd half.) And I want to keep it simple, with just an average of one substitution each quarter.

Start: Stuckey, Rip, Daye, Monroe, Ben Wallace.

2nd quarter: Gordon, Tay, Summers, CV, JMAX

Monroe plays about the last 3 minutes of the half instead of JMAX, 3 minutes of the 6 minutes in the game where one of JMAX or Ben Wallace is not in the game: Gordon, Tay, Summers, CV, Monroe.

Start of 2nd half. Same starters:

Stuckey, Rip, Daye, Monroe, Ben Wallace

Summers comes in for the last 3 minutes of the 3rd quarter for Ben Wallace, giving:

Stuckey, Rip, Daye, Summers, Monroe. (the other 3 minutes without JMAX or Ben Wallace)

Start of 4th quarter: Gordon, Tay, Summers, CV, JMAX

Last 6 minutes of game: Stuckey, Gordon, Tay, JMAX, Ben Wallace

Minutes:

Stuckey, target 30, actual 30

Gordon, target 32, actual 24

Rip, target 26, actual 24

Tay, target 24, actual 24

Daye, target 24, actual 24

Summers, target 16, actual 21

CV, target 22, actual 18

JMAX, target 18, actual 21

Big Ben, target 26, actual 27

Monroe, target 26, actual 27
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Are we actually talking about Delfino, Amir, Darko and Afflalo in the the 2010/11 starting 5 thread? Really?
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You left out Arroyo........
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

Plus Arroyo. That's the dream starting 5. This team would be +105 in the preseason.
  13. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

This team will definitely break the 72 wins barrier.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Only if you really want to.
  15. Brap

Brap Starter

Amir would get a lot of time here at PF, given JJ's injury. And there's no chance whatsoever that JJ wouldn't have played in the regular rotation had he been healthy.

However, I will say this, as long as JJ comes back 100% - and hopefully this season - his injury is turning out to be a major blessing in disquise. Daye playing this season is an absolute key to our future. Monroe is an absolute key to our future. We aren't a contender this year, and Daye at PF will be challenged. Monroe will have a lot of bad moments as a rookie.

But if they play a lot, as they should with JJ's injury, then as Daye and Monroe get stronger and stronger physically over the next two or three seasons, this team will have a couple of special players in this league. Daye is going to be a 3 or maybe 4 position monster - one of the league's big matchup nightmares. Monroe is going to be a major asset as a passing, facilitating low and high post center. These are two very unique talents in this league. Let them grow together, along with the other core guys - Stuckey and JJ and Gordon and perhaps Bynum or maybe if we get really lucky White, and a really excellent 2011 first rounder and assets we get from trading Rip and Tay, and voila - in two or three seasons, we'll be back as one of the best teams in the league. I think that's a viable and coherent plan.
  16. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

That´s a realistic plan. Is very important our future 2011 first round,because we lack of young future center(starter or bench,Monroe plays PF),if we have luck to pick one important big(impact player in center position),the PG position with stuckey,free agency or one middle first round pick could be covert very well other year. This year will be the worst for pistons core,young people without experience,injuries,lack of center after big ben...this year is the year to pick a top three rookie player,next years we will be better.
    We need now play rookies,build team chemistry,and suport the team.
  17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

After showing multiple team camp reports for athe what appeared to be the same 10 teams for the past 3 weeks, NBA TV is finally showing the The Pistons team review tonight at 4PM pdt and 7PM EDT.

Not sure when it was taped, but hopefully it gives a perspective to where we are headed this year ....along with the NBA TV studio hosts bias of course...
  18. BillLaimbeer

Give us a DreCap for those of us without NBATV.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I think someone else already expressed this sentiment. What a sad commentary on our coach that only injuries can result in anything good happening for the team.
  20. BillLaimbeer

Daye was going to get minutes irregardless of the injury. With Jerebko out, I think the minutes will increase for CV, Maxiel, and Monroe. Perhaps Summers will get some more minutes, too. I hope the Daye at power forward experiment will be short-lived.