1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Starting JMAX for alterior motives?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by booggerg, Jan 12, 2007.

1. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

You think that they are starting JMAX now simply to get him more exposure and thus increase his trade value? A sign of immediate things to come? With all the trade talks around the league, this is very possible..What do you think?

2. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

I sure hope JMax isn't being showcased for a trade. I love watching young talent develop and become your future. JMax brings that Pistons DNA that's so talked about to the table. He's a hard worker and just fun to watch as he's a bundle of energy. Is he the most gifted player to ever wear a Pistons uniform? That would be a big NO but he's a blue collar type player that eats, sleeps and oozes basketball. Why would we trade such a gem? Look at the Suns and Bulls they let their young talent develop and it's paying off. Trade off the oldsters (Nazr or Dice) and the ill-fitting parts (Flip Murray) to get better, not one of the promising pieces.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

His contract is almost worthless in trade. Likewise, he's a great value for the Pistons.

4. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Exactly

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

he might be part of a deal that brings in a backup PG. He's probably got more value than Dyess

6. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I've read rumors where Joe might be offering JMax and Delfino for MoPete. Which would rival the Darko and Arroyo for a 1st rounder for all time JoeyD dumb moves. Say it aint so, Joe.

7. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Starting Jmax would be stupid IMO. If you gave him the ball more and ran more plays for him he could get even more points then he does now. He is a solid asset to have.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Roscoe, you know better. His dollar value in a trade is low, but packaging him with a higer paid, undesirable player could yield us a good player. No, I do not want to see JMAX go. No way. But you never know. If they trade JMAX, they better bring in someone pretty darn good, cause JMAX has huge potential.

9. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

Haven't heard any of that here in Toronto. In retrospect of the Raptors, we've got a deep team as it is. Trading away Mopete for two positions that we don't need depth in, isn't going to help.

There's no use for JMAX here, only Delfino would be a nice addition in absence of Mopete; but his 3 point shooting would be missed on a team that lacks it at that 3 position.

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

There arent even that many "starting point guards" worthy enough of a trade for Max . Nash, Paul, Kidd, Parker...who else? So a backup for a talent like this is out of the question............

11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

What about Nash and Marion for Max. We could toss in dyess and Nazr to make the salaries match.

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm not sure that Dyess and Nazr together would match the salaries of Nash and Marion. How about Cwebb and Nazr for Nash and Marion?

13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Joe could pick CWebb up off waivers and get it done tonight. A little teleporting and the new guys could be in Atlanta for the game.

What is this organization waiting for?

14. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Opps I meant "Trading Jmax would be stupid IMO."

15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This is accurate... contracts mean little if the bigger package is achieved.

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Fact is Boogger, JD really hasn't let any young talent play through. 'Cept Tay. I can easily see JD moving him for a piece he wants.
    Any body left still biittching about "The Dribbler" I mean C. Arroyo?