Starting PF/C

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Jul 5, 2006.

?

Who should start in place of Ben?

1. Nazr Mohamad

61.1%
  2. Dale Davis

11.1%
  3. Amir Johnson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jason Maxiell

5.6%
  5. Antonio McDyess

22.2%
  1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Who should start in the froncourt with Tay and Sheed next season?

Nazr Mohamad- Has a big body and can shoot free throws pretty good. Has bad hands so if he starts he won't be depended on as much on offesne.

Dale Davis- Is still a very good rebounder. Sheed can get lazy so with Dale in it would help the Pistons rebound better.

Amir Johnson-We can have a small quick lineup that can outscore others.

Jason Maxiell- Can force himself to the paint so it gives us a more consistant paint threat. Pistons need this because Sheed can take a nap at the top of the key:sleep:.

Antonio McDyess: The best player out of the 5 choices so far.
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm going to have to go with Nazr. Although I love Maxie, I'm not sure he is ready to start, and it leaves us pretty small without much rebounding.

If you start Dice, we have no one coming of the bench. (before you Delfino cats get started...) At least no one proven yet.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think Nazr should start as well. Keep Dice as the 6th man. I think a Dice-Amir-J Max trio will be pretty sweet off the bench.
  4. Stereodave

Stereodave First Round Draft Pick

Rasheed Wallace is a smart player, if he is asked to play center he could be very effective. Don't underestimate Rasheed's ability to play multiple positions, he has the size and he might be mad enough at losing to have the desire. McDyess is a quality power forward, Mohammed and Maxiell might be pretty good coming off the bench. Dale Davis and Amir Johnson are solid for third string and could step up if needed. :fingerscr
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Gotta go with Nazr. Our bench is inexperienced/weak enough as it is, to take Dice out of the equation would be too much.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I agree that Sheed should be considered an option at the 5 spot.
    Not that he should play major minutes there (especially not against bulky centers)... but he could be extremely effective at opening the paint up by stretching the "D".... have to admit this is intriguing.
  7. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Dice seems to fit better as a starter, though. He played well when he did.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'd like to see Dale Davis start and share minutes heavily with Mohammed. Without the established pecking order, it is now possible to ride the guy who is playing well....
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That's great point, a lost blessing in all this may be the end of the etched in stone pecking order starting lineup.
  10. max

max All-Star

I would be surprised if we started the season with what we have now. If we do then what about Cato? If we have Cato then use a 3-headed monster up front. That is if Flip can multi-task like that.
  11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Starting at C in flips offense. Do you need Post skills? Does playing out of position at C only affect your defensive position/ assignment?
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was thinking the same thing. I went back and forth a bit between Nazr and DD when voting. I think they'll be pretty interchangeable.

I think Sheed and Dice will be much better suited to stick with the 4 spot. Dice is a bit undersized for Centre and Sheed is too much of an outside shooting pansy. :P
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

CB/Rip/Tay/Sheed/Dice is not a bad starting lineup against most teams in the NBA. If the other team has a powerful center, then maybe adjust and start Nazr instead.
  14. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Dyess...no question. He's capable of playing like an all star and is also hungry. Nazr's got to earn his stripes just like anybody else.
  15. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Nazr or Dale. With Dice in our starting lineup we have no one off the bench that is even capable of getting offense going consistantly.
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We have already wasted draft picks on Darko, etal; trades on Cato, coaching selections on Flip, and a perfect regular season with a loss to the eventual champion Heat in the post season. Sooooo should we be consistent in wasting $25 mill on Nazr and let him ride the pine????.

We got Nazr a true center who is younger than Davis. I say start him and let him prove to the coaching staff, Joe and us-fans-for-life that he deserves it and he will be our man next year. He won't make us forget ben, but if he gives us 60% of wallaces intensity we can probably work around it if Joe can pull a rabbit out of his hat and put someone on the bench that improves what we had these past two seasons by 100%.
  17. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I say Dale. He won't pick up early fouls as much as Nazr. But they should both play roughly the same amount of minutes unless one starts playing better than the other.